You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/04/2011 11:00 am  #1

Bob Forsch

I know he's refereced in the Matty Alou thread, but he needs his own.

11/04/2011 11:24 am  #2

Re: Bob Forsch

....as well he should, thank you .

11/04/2011 12:27 pm  #3

Wow. So sudden and at a relatively young age.

I remember Forsch as one of the few positive constants during the dark days of the '70s, and how happy I was that he got to shine and win a ring under Whitey. Early on, I considered him fair-to-middlin', my benchmarks being guys like Gibson, Carlton, and all those other horses of the era. But he put up decent stats throughout his career and really seemed to grow into a leadership role as the team itself improved. Just a steady, workmanlike, no-frills ballplayer. Godspeed.

11/04/2011 12:30 pm  #4

"A tall righthander, Forsch pitched in St. Louis for all but one of his 16 seasons. He was a member of the 1982 World Series title team and made two other trips with the 1985 and 1987 squads. He won 20 games in 1977, threw two no-hitters — one in 1978 and one in 1983 — and finished with 168 wins and a 3.76 career ERA. He's the only Cardinals pitcher who threw multiple no-hitters with the team and ranks third on the franchise's all-time wins list behind Bob Gibson and Jesse Haines."----yahoo news

Board footera