You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/25/2012 1:26 am  #1

Terry Kath / Alex Steen

Kath was great and Chicago was so much better when he was with them. This is a great performance by the band overall, albeit well past their time of musical relevance, and showcases some superb guitar from Kath, who also is wearing a Blues #20 sweater. Back in 1977 #20 would have been Wayne Merrick, I believe, so I choose to see finding this clip as a sign of the imminent return of Alex Steen. Or, God forbid, his accidental suicide.

http://youtu.be/WmOEwiz5Kxs

Update:
ST. LOUIS (AP)—The St. Louis Blues have activated forward Alex Steen, who missed 39 games with a concussion, from injured reserve.

The 28-year-old Steen was injured on Dec. 27 at Detroit. In 36 games, he has 13 goals, 11 assists and a plus-20 rating. Steen was expected to be in the lineup Sunday night at Phoenix.

Last edited by JV (3/25/2012 9:31 pm)

3/25/2012 11:12 am  #2

Re: Terry Kath / Alex Steen

"Kath was great and Chicago was so much better when he was with them"

Aye. People forget that Chicago could rock, before Peter Cetera's influence turned them into a prom song band. Kath's solo on "25 or 6 to 4" is as good as it gets.

3/25/2012 3:31 pm  #3

Re: Terry Kath / Alex Steen

artie_fufkin wrote:

Aye. People forget that Chicago could rock, before Peter Cetera's influence turned them into a prom song band. Kath's solo on "25 or 6 to 4" is as good as it gets.

I've read more than one YouTube comment from self-identified guitarists who say they have no idea how he pulled off the opening riff to "Questions 67 & 68".

Board footera