You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2012 11:25 am  #1

How f*cked is this?

For probably the past decade or so, I've shared season tickets to the Blues with a couple of friends.  The account is in another guy's name, so I don't actually receive the correspondence from the team.

The guy who receives all of the information just called me regarding playoff tickets.  Keep in mind that the Blues have only made the playoffs once in the past six years, each of which we have been loyal season ticket holders.

Per the Blues, if we want to be able to buy our seats (the same seats we've had for at least a decade) during the playoffs, we have to renew our season tickets for next season and pay for them IN FULL.  If we don't renew for next season and pay the bill, then we are placed in a queue and when it comes our turn, if there are seats available, we will be eligible to buy them, but cannot be guaranteed the right to buy our seats or any ticket at all.

I thought part of the benefit to being a season ticket holder was supposed to be the assurance that you'd be able to see the team should it make the playoffs.  I didn't realize we'd have to pay a ransom for that right.  That's complete bullshit.

4/04/2012 5:45 pm  #2

Re: How f*cked is this?

Wow. That's a page out of the NFL's We-may-lock-out-the-players-but-you'd-better-pay-up-now-in-case-we-don't-playbook. Do the Blues have a hard time selling seats to their regular season games?

4/04/2012 6:17 pm  #3

No. They probably sold out 75% of their games. Especially after they got good. I bet they've sold out every game in 2012

4/04/2012 9:21 pm  #4

Man, that's a new thing. That's complete and utter horseshit in my opinion.

When I had seasons, we had to buy round by round paid at the end of the regular season, before the next round started. Full moneyback guarantee for unused tickets (should you buy 3-4 home games and only need 2 ) or the ability to roll that credit to the next round.

I appreciate the desire to sell 2013 season tickets, but you should not be allowed to do that legally. A season ticket holder should have the unadulterated right to purchase playoff seats for the season where they had season tickets, without committing to the next year. That's really the entire point of buying season tickets in my opinion.... That is pretty fucked up.

4/09/2012 12:54 pm  #5

Coworker has seasons so I asked her about your topic on this 2013 confirmation and I think something got lost in translation. Here's her reply.

"Absolutely not.  We pay over the course of 10 months for our season tickets.  There is NO WAY I would renew if I had to pay for the full season upfront.  And if I wanted my playoff seats, but did not intend to renew, I could have done that.  If I wanted to renew my season, I had to make that decision by 3/31 in order to ensure that I get to keep my seats, but that was for next season, not for the playoffs.  And I was NEVER told that I had to pay in full for the season!   

Either this guy’s friend is being shady by asking for the money up front, or he needs to question his sales rep.  (I would love to know who his sales rep is.)  It’s pretty clear on the website."

If your friend misunderstood the 3/31 dealine to keep his seats for 2013 (which isn't a pay deadline, just a commitment deadline so they know what seats they need to resell). According to my coworker said it doesn't impact any ability to get playoff seats.

4/21/2012 11:33 pm  #6

Went to Game 5 tonight. Talked to the guy with the tickets in his name. Here's the story. For agreeing to renew for next season, we locked in this years price and also saved quite a bit on tickets prices for the first two rounds of the playoffs. My buddy still says he was told that we were at risk of losing our seats for the playoffs, and he may look to see if that was a sales line. But the big incentive for renewal was price breaks. Our seats are priced at $55 each. Instead, we paid $33 each. I'm not sure what the face value price for next round is, but we're only paying $35 each.

ETA- the tickets for Round 2 go on sale today.  Our tickets are priced at $59 each, but we're paying $35.

He probably should have asked before renewing for next season and asking us for the money, but it's hard to argue with a $70 savings per game.

Last edited by forsberg_us (4/23/2012 9:09 am)

4/29/2013 11:23 am  #7

I know this thread is pretty old, but it reared it's ugly head again and I'm so pissed at the Blues it's indescribeable.

So this issue came up regarding playoff tickets again.  Once again, the question from the Blues was "will you be renewing your season tickets?"  Tom, the guy whose name the account is in, tells the ticket rep he isn't sure because the 3rd guy in our group is definitely out for next year and I was leaning that direction.  So Tom needed time to find someone to fill the current void.  Tom was told that without a committment for NEXT season, we couldn't get playoff tickets in our seats at the season ticket holder price.  We could wait to see if there were tickets left after the season ticket holders who agreed to renew were done purchasing tickets (you could buy additional tickets if you chose) and, if there were tickets remaining, we could buy them at the price they are being sold to non-season ticket holders, BUT we would still have to buy the entire first two rounds of games.  If we simply wanted single games, we would have to get in line with the rest of the masses.

Never mind that we've had these seats through 2 lockouts and some of the worst hockey ever played by this franchise.  Never mind that they strong armed us into paying for a full season last April, despite knowing full well there would be a labor stoppage, and held our money throughout the lockout.  Never mind that they're still sitting on about $1,500 in tickets and parking that we didn't use because of the lockout.  Never mind that we sat through this bullshit compressed season and spent additional money at the concession stand.  We can't attend the playoffs in our seats, nor do we enjoy any of the benefits of being a season ticket holder because we weren't sure whether we were renewing for NEXT season.

Guess what Fuckheads.  We're sure now.  We're sure that we're saving the $5,000+ that we spent on tickets and parking and the extra however much it cost at the concession stand to attend 44 games.  They can take our tickets and wipe their fucking asses with them, because they won't see me in that fucking building again.

FWIW- when I was there on Saturday, I was talking to the guy in the two seats next to us.  He confirmed that he was told the same thing and his response was the same--he told his ticket rep where he could stick his tickets.  If anyone is looking for seats in the 2nd row of the upper bowl at the end where the Blues shoot twice, there are 6 seats available.

Last edited by forsberg_us (4/29/2013 11:25 am)

4/29/2013 2:08 pm  #8

"Guess what Fuckheads.  We're sure now.  We're sure that we're saving the $5,000+ that we spent on tickets and parking and the extra however much it cost at the concession stand to attend 44 games.  They can take our tickets and wipe their fucking asses with them, because they won't see me in that fucking building again."

That's a shame. I don't commit attendance figures to memory, but I glance at them once in awhile and notice the Blues haven't been a slam dunk sellout. It's obviously never a good idea to give the middle finger to your fans while they're still trying to recover from your lockout.

4/29/2013 2:16 pm  #9

artie_fufkin wrote:

"Guess what Fuckheads.  We're sure now.  We're sure that we're saving the $5,000+ that we spent on tickets and parking and the extra however much it cost at the concession stand to attend 44 games.  They can take our tickets and wipe their fucking asses with them, because they won't see me in that fucking building again."

That's a shame. I don't commit attendance figures to memory, but I glance at them once in awhile and notice the Blues haven't been a slam dunk sellout. It's obviously never a good idea to give the middle finger to your fans while they're still trying to recover from your lockout.

This year they averaged 17,263.  Which was down from 18,809 the year before.  You'd think they'd be a little more accommodating after an almost 10% drop off from the year before.  But, I guess they don't need our money.

Best part--our seats were in Section 312.  Section 311 is directly behind the goal the Blues shoot at twice.  If our seats would have gone unsold, they wanted to sell them to us for $59 per seat per game for the first round.  Right now, I can buy tickets on Stub Hub in Section 310 a few rows back from our seats for $34 ($50 to us).

I'll laugh if they can't sell out the playoff games.

Last edited by forsberg_us (4/29/2013 2:28 pm)

Board footera