You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2012 9:05 am  #1

Blues Postseason Gamecrap

Series 1: San Jose.

There's a lot to like about this first round draw. The Blues won all 4 games against the Sharks during the season, none of them in OT or a shootout. The Sharks scored 0 goals in the two games here in St. Louis.

However, the downside is the Blues winning one of their last 5 games to stumble into the playoffs. They certainly haven't been playing like a 2 seed, and they had better bring more tenacity to the ice then they did against Phoenix on Friday, or this will be a short postseason.

Los Angeles probably can't take out the Canucks, but don't count them out. I'm also hoping Phoenix can roll out Chicago, but that seems sketchy.

For the first time in forever, I'm interested in a playoff series that doesn't involve the Blues. Tune in for the Eastern conference first round between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, because that is going to be a war...

4/09/2012 11:33 am  #2

Re: Blues Postseason Gamecrap

"Tune in for the Eastern conference first round between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, because that is going to be a war..."

Aye. The L.A./Vancouver series will be mostly about Quick. And we learned last year the best way to play the Canucks is to not take any shit from them. Hit them in the mouth, because they won't hit back.
The Sharks are dangerous, especially with Havlat back. They've got a little offensive depth. But you've got to consider a team that keeps the puck out of their own net as well as the Blues do as the favorite.
As for the Bruins, the Caps are probably an easier matchup than Ottawa because of Washington's goalie situation, but I also remember that no one had heard of Ken Dryden until he almost single-handedly eliminated the best Bruins team of my lifetime in '71.

Board footera