You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/04/2010 8:07 am  #1

Blues tonight!

Lace up the skates boys, it's time to play against another quality team in the San Jose Sharks (5-4-1)!

No idea what the fuck is up with this schedule. We've played 9 games, and Chicago has played 6 MORE games then we have. Seriously, what the fuck? This likely means we're in for a REALLY busy stretch later.

11/04/2010 11:04 am  #2

Re: Blues tonight!

I got FSMW back.  I might watch tonight.

11/04/2010 10:29 pm  #3

alz wrote:

Lace up the skates boys, it's time to play against another quality team in the San Jose Sharks (5-4-1)!

No idea what the fuck is up with this schedule. We've played 9 games, and Chicago has played 6 MORE games then we have. Seriously, what the fuck? This likely means we're in for a REALLY busy stretch later.

And another quality team goes down--this time 2-0.

Halak is in a freaking zone.  He is making it look ridiulously easy right now.

11/05/2010 2:18 pm  #4

Indeed sir, I've been super busy today, but itching to reply to this.

By the end of the 2nd period I found myself realizing that although I thought Mason was a good goalie, and didn't totally see the need to ditch him to pick up Halak, I would have bet my house that Mason gives up 4 over those two periods, at least.

I'd like to see us stop giving up the breakaways and odd man rushes. Giving up a 2 on 1 when you're on a power play is a little unsettling, but then there's Halak. I honestly can't recall a single instance of him giving up a breakaway goal or odd man rush goal (outside of a shootout) this season. Next game Sunday @ Madison Square Garden to visit the Rangers.

11/05/2010 11:19 pm  #5

I think we are in Boston tomorrow night. They've been billing it as "Halak v. Thomas," but Thomas started tonight and we play Sunday. For all anyone knows it ends up Conklin v. Rask.

You mentioned Halak on breakaways. I think during the Atlanta game the stat that was posted was that Halak had only given up 10 or 11 goals in 41 attempts during the shootout. That was before Atlanta went 0 for 2.

11/06/2010 2:58 pm  #6

Thomas got pulled after two periods last night. Could be Tuukka Time tonight.

11/07/2010 8:26 pm  #7

artie_fufkin wrote:

Thomas got pulled after two periods last night. Could be Tuukka Time tonight.

It was Tuukka Time, but he was no match for the Halak-ness Monster.

11/08/2010 10:06 am  #8

Goddamn guys, this is a good hockey team. We need more goals though, particularly on the power play (atrocious). The good news is that our PK has been just as amazing as our PP has been shitty. Goaltending? Jesus Conk was a fucking beast in NY last night too, although he did allow one that was waved off because the referee ... you know, I have no idea why that was waived off, but thanks. Still though, if the backup netminder is giving up 1 disallowed goal on the road, you're in pretty amazing shape.

20 points in 12 games. We are the undisputed best team in hockey at this point, let's keep it going!!!!

11/08/2010 12:06 pm  #9

How many teams have won seven games in a row while going 2-for-29 on the power play? That's no small feat.

11/08/2010 1:11 pm  #10

tkihshbt wrote:

How many teams have won seven games in a row while going 2-for-29 on the power play? That's no small feat.

I doesn't hurt that they've given up only 4 goals in their last 6 games, and 3 of those came in the same game.

11/08/2010 3:11 pm  #11

A win is a win is a win, and our goaltending has been enough for us to win against anyone to be honest.

We're not scoring enough. You'd like a team to average 2-3 goals an evening, and we're woefully short there. Mostly on the power play, as noted.

12/82 games down, 70 to go. At this pace we'll hit 136.67 points for the season, I'm betting that cools down somewhat, but still an impressive start!!!

11/10/2010 10:23 am  #12

Next up tonight, Columbus. Blues play tonight and tomorrow night.

I believe (not looking) the game tonight is in Columbus, but tomorrows game is here. Let's go BLUES!!!!

11/10/2010 10:39 am  #13

Correct.

It's nice to see them playing well at home this year. Last season was a travesty.

11/11/2010 9:19 am  #14

'Sup with the Penguins? Giving up five goals in the third period? Granted, the last one was an empty-netter, but that's normally a good week for the Bruins. No word on whether Brent Johnson was treated after the game for second-degree burns to the back of his neck.

11/11/2010 1:47 pm  #15

holy zing, Columbus was a lot more ready for that game than we were. Ah well, can't win them all, and if you're gonna lose, go ahead and lose.

Still... 8-1 is pretty big. ouch

Board footera