You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/10/2013 1:00 pm  #1

Gold Cup.

Finals in Chicago, tickets as low as 43.00 per. July 28.

Hmm......

7/17/2013 8:27 am  #2

Re: Gold Cup.

alz wrote:

Finals in Chicago, tickets as low as 43.00 per. July 28.

Hmm......

Barring something weird, it's going to be Mexico and the U.S. again. 

7/22/2013 8:32 am  #3

Looks that way. There are really only three teams of consequence in the CONCACAF. USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica. The US knocked Costa Rica out with a 1-0 match which was a good quality win in my opinion.

Mexico/US for 43.00 ..... damnit, that would have been a steal.

7/22/2013 9:04 am  #4

alz wrote:

Looks that way. There are really only three teams of consequence in the CONCACAF. USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica. The US knocked Costa Rica out with a 1-0 match which was a good quality win in my opinion.

Mexico/US for 43.00 ..... damnit, that would have been a steal.

Mexico's primary problem in this tournament is without Chicharito it doesn't have a consistent goal-scorer. Both teams are pretty much playing their B teams, but the U.S. has shown much greater depth. Donovan has really returned to form, and I've liked the way Beckerman has controlled the tempo at midfield. The problem is he plays the same position as Michael Bradley, and it would be kind of redundant to put them on the field together.

7/22/2013 4:39 pm  #5

"Mexico's primary problem in this tournament is without Chicharito it doesn't have a consistent goal-scorer."

I think Jack in the Box added Chicharitos to its late-night menu.  Mexico can get 2 for $1 after 11:00 p.m.

7/24/2013 9:17 am  #6

forsberg_us wrote:

"Mexico's primary problem in this tournament is without Chicharito it doesn't have a consistent goal-scorer."

I think Jack in the Box added Chicharitos to its late-night menu.  Mexico can get 2 for $1 after 11:00 p.m.

Interesting, because I think the translation of Chicharito to English is "whiny bitch." If Taco Bell is expanding from comestibles to pimping cranky Mexican senoritas, they're liable to get a hassle from ICE.
One of Zach's friends came over Friday night wearing a Mancheser United shirt. I told the kid he had to either take it off or stay outside. He looked at me like I was serious. I almost was.

7/25/2013 8:14 am  #7

Panama over Mexico. Little bit surprising, but Mexico lost a group match too I think so maybe not.

I didn't get to watch the second half of the US/Honduras match, but the first half was pretty dominating. Should be a fun final to watch, and at this point I think I feel comfortable saying I think the US should win the Gold Cup.

7/25/2013 9:10 am  #8

alz wrote:

Panama over Mexico. Little bit surprising, but Mexico lost a group match too I think so maybe not.

I didn't get to watch the second half of the US/Honduras match, but the first half was pretty dominating. Should be a fun final to watch, and at this point I think I feel comfortable saying I think the US should win the Gold Cup.

Well, the U.S. players won't have to worry about the Mexican fans throwing bags of urine at them in Chicago. 

7/25/2013 9:25 am  #9

artie_fufkin wrote:

alz wrote:

Well, the U.S. players won't have to worry about the Mexican fans throwing bags of urine at them in Chicago. 

Hmm... How exactly does that work in Mexico City? Do they have a "Bolsas de la orina" concession? Maybe just sell/hand out the empty bags on a BYOPiss model? Do they recycle urinal effluent, perhaps earning credit for environmentally friendly stadium management?

7/25/2013 9:58 am  #10

JV wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

alz wrote:

Hmm... How exactly does that work in Mexico City? Do they have a "Bolsas de la orina" concession? Maybe just sell/hand out the empty bags on a BYOPiss model? Do they recycle urinal effluent, perhaps earning credit for environmentally friendly stadium management?

Naw. They just piss in whatever's handy and chuck it at anyone who isn't wearing green, red and white.

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2011/06/mexican-soccer-fans-are-boorish-animals-a-first-hand-account

http://deadspin.com/american-soccer-fans-get-pelted-by-beers-at-u-s-a-mexi-461027702

Board footera