You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/10/2010 5:12 am  #1

An Epic Reply to Tollbooth

You seem to be pretty intelligent, and I've been looking for a guy of your stature to help me with a question.

I'm trying to duplicate the gold foil experiment in my home laboratory, but I can't seem to replicate Rutherford's results.

My zinc sulphide scintillant screen has a thickness of 1/4-inch and I'm using radium bromide gas to accelerate the particles, but I can't get them to attach.

Do I need a lower coefficient of friction in my atomizer, or should I try a polonium-based adhesive with a higher valence?

Any help here?

9/10/2010 8:53 am  #2

Re: An Epic Reply to Tollbooth

Thanks for saving that one, KC.
Too bad Tollbooth's "f*ck off, d*ckbreath" response will be forever lost in the virtual universe.

9/10/2010 7:59 pm  #3

If you only knew how many times that little gem has been distributed. LOL!!

I've been saving that one for a while. Unfortunately, I lost a ton of saved material when my old computer literally started smoking and fried - LOL! I still kick myself for losing Windy's squirrel post, some especially creative Ron Santo haiku, and Schlctzie's ever popular "Up yours with an elephants pecker".

I've since learned my lesson and keep everything on a draft on my email so I'll always have it no matter which computer I'm on.

9/14/2010 12:27 pm  #4

I should've done that for Darth's Dan Marino post. I don't know how many times I read that and still had tears in my eyes.

Board footera