You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2014 9:38 am  #26

Re: Blues season thoughts

"Ten in a row, baby!!"

Milan Lucic enjoys conjugal visits at male prisons.

3/19/2014 11:14 am  #27

forsberg_us wrote:

"Ten in a row, baby!!"

Nah. But he's scored on Ryan Miller so many times it probably seems like rape.

3/19/2014 2:29 pm  #28

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

"Ten in a row, baby!!"

Nah. But he's scored on Ryan Miller so many times it probably seems like rape.

You must be misremembering there Andy Pettitte.  Lucic has a whopping total of 9 goals in 40 games against Buffalo.  Miller only started 34 of those games, but even if you assume Lucic didn't score any goals against Miller's backup, that only computes to the equivalent of a 22 goal season.  Then again, since Miller is 26-9-7 in his career against Boston, maybe individual goals are all a Bruins fan can remember.

Last edited by forsberg_us (3/19/2014 2:33 pm)

3/19/2014 2:49 pm  #29

"maybe individual goals are all a Bruins fan can remember."

If we're talking about memories, I can remember Lucic skating around Rogers Arena with the Stanley Cup a couple of years ago. 
But what would a Blues fan know about the Stanley Cup? Do you even know what it looks like?

3/19/2014 3:12 pm  #30

artie_fufkin wrote:

"maybe individual goals are all a Bruins fan can remember."

If we're talking about memories, I can remember Lucic skating around Rogers Arena with the Stanley Cup a couple of years ago. 
But what would a Blues fan know about the Stanley Cup? Do you even know what it looks like?

They beat Vancouver and the Sedin sisters.  Does that even count?  That's almost like this guy claiming a slam dunk title.

TURN OFF/DOWN VOLUME BEFORE YOU CLICK THE LINK

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1CB7D77ED31047321058874990592_13926749184161b79c47256.mp4.mp4?versionId=HIDRYRpAiJYRvxUUmMIR.dFyHGwxzxa3

Last edited by forsberg_us (3/19/2014 3:16 pm)

3/19/2014 5:03 pm  #31

"They beat Vancouver and the Sedin sisters.  Does that even count?"
If your name is on the Cup, it counts.
Don't be bitter, just because when most people think of the Blues, this is the first moment that comes to mind:

http://theawesomeboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/bobby-orr-flying-goal.jpg

Last edited by artie_fufkin (3/19/2014 5:03 pm)

3/21/2014 10:34 pm  #32

3/23/2014 5:28 pm  #33

4/10/2014 9:57 am  #34

Blues are colder than the ice they are skating on right now... They need to get back to winning hockey games here and in a hurry. 

Still in good shape to finish first in the West with a few more points, but they need to figure out how to win hockey games before they are staring at an 8 seed who's basically been in "play or go home mode" for a month... That's going to end badly if they don't get their head out of their ass and play hockey.

4/10/2014 11:23 am  #35

alz wrote:

Blues are colder than the ice they are skating on right now... They need to get back to winning hockey games here and in a hurry. 

Still in good shape to finish first in the West with a few more points, but they need to figure out how to win hockey games before they are staring at an 8 seed who's basically been in "play or go home mode" for a month... That's going to end badly if they don't get their head out of their ass and play hockey.

Naturally, I think the Blues would want to avoid the Kings because Quick is the goalie who is most apt to win a series on his own. The West is definitely the Big Boy conference this year. You could easily make an argument six of the top eight teams in the league are on that side of the bracket.

4/11/2014 10:59 am  #36

I need to correct myself. I didn't know until last night the second place team and the third place team in each division play in the first round. I thought it was the same format where 1x8, 2x7, etc. ... in the first round. Ergo, the Blues have no chance of playing the Kings in the first round.

4/11/2014 1:24 pm  #37

artie_fufkin wrote:

I need to correct myself. I didn't know until last night the second place team and the third place team in each division play in the first round. I thought it was the same format where 1x8, 2x7, etc. ... in the first round. Ergo, the Blues have no chance of playing the Kings in the first round.

Correct, the Blues can't play the Kings in the 1st or 2nd round.  But at the rate they're falling, they might be looking at Chicago in the 1st round and that isn't any better.

Board footera