You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2014 11:59 am  #1

2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Advice needed; 

Im in a 14 team, 3 keeper max league.  It is a work league.  Most take it serious but there are some bottom feeders.  For the most part people keep 3 players it seems.  One thought of mine is to not keep 3 and draft earlier.  Still i got some decent players.  Here are the 5 ive been tossing around keeping.

Lesean mccoy.....thats a no brainer
Doug martin....i picked him up hurt at fhe end of last year in case i wanted go hold onto him.
Leveon bell....might get better his second year
Nick foles....i think he is going to be a good fantasty qb but idk about keep at qb.  U can usually scrap something up

colen kaepernick...the talk is high but im unconvinced.

8/11/2014 12:02 pm  #2

Re: 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

One thought i had was keep all 3 rb.  Id have 3 of the top 15 projected runningbacks.  My fear is letting foles go.

8/11/2014 2:27 pm  #3

I assume if you are thinking about keeping three RBs, there are three slots where you can play them each week. I've played in leagues with only two RB slots.
I guess it depends upon what rounds you're picking these guys in. If it's 1-2-3, I'd keep McCoy and Martin and hope I can get a better QB in the third round. On the other hand, in a 14-team league, there may not be a good QB by the time you pick in the third round. 
Even though Foles is a booger-eating dork from the University to Arizona, most weeks he's going to put up some points in that offense. I'm always wary of having my QB and my number one RB from the same team. If the Eagles have to play, say the 49ers or another team with a really stout defense, you're looking at minimal production from two guys you need in order to win your week.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (8/11/2014 2:28 pm)

8/11/2014 6:32 pm  #4

I'm not that high on Martin. He came into last season highly regarded, but didn't do all that much before he was injured. Plus, if you go back and look at 2012, a significant amount of his production came in a single game (280 yards and 4 TDs).

Obviously, it depends on who else is being kept around the league, but I'm not a huge Martin fan.

8/11/2014 8:09 pm  #5

This stuff makes my head spin. 

Yeah u can play 3 rb.  Most teams cant field 3 starting rb in a 14 team league.  I have the same thoughts as fors on martin. 

I really like foles.  If i could get a good backup i wouldnt worry about my 2 best producers playing the same team. 

I hate the draft.  I never do the right thing.

8/11/2014 10:13 pm  #6

"a significant amount of his production came in a single game (280 yards and 4 TDs)."

Against the Raiders defense, which thought it was playing touch football that day.

8/11/2014 10:25 pm  #7

APIAD wrote:

This stuff makes my head spin. 

Yeah u can play 3 rb.  Most teams cant field 3 starting rb in a 14 team league.  I have the same thoughts as fors on martin. 

I really like foles.  If i could get a good backup i wouldnt worry about my 2 best producers playing the same team. 

I hate the draft.  I never do the right thing.

I've always done better at fantasy football than fantasy baseball, for whatever reason. I think it's because I'm jaded against some MLB teams. Like I'd never pick Brandon Phillips or Ryan Braun because I loathe them. So I end up with Kyle Seager and Nick Markakis instead because they've never done anything to offend me.
I don't have the same emotional limitations with fantasy football. The only team I like is worthless from a fantasy perspective, and I can't eliminate players who have lit up the Raiders over the years. Using that criterion, I wouldn't be able to pick a team.

8/12/2014 12:45 am  #8

I could be over rating foles.  Unless u have a top 10 qb there really isnt o much difference in the rest.

8/22/2014 1:36 pm  #9

8/29/2014 12:03 pm  #10

I ened up only keeping mccoy but i drafted doug martin.  Here is how my team turned out

Qb- matt ryan,  carson palmer
Rb- mccoy, martin, chris johnson, danny woodhead, darren mcfadden
Wr-welker, victor cruz, eric decker, riley cooper, james jones, markus weaton
K- novak
D- 49ers

I could trade martin for calvin johnson.  I hate to give up my heavy hand on rb but this is a no brainer right?

8/29/2014 12:33 pm  #11

APIAD wrote:

I ened up only keeping mccoy but i drafted doug martin.  Here is how my team turned out

Qb- matt ryan,  carson palmer
Rb- mccoy, martin, chris johnson, danny woodhead, darren mcfadden
Wr-welker, victor cruz, eric decker, riley cooper, james jones, markus weaton
K- novak
D- 49ers

I could trade martin for calvin johnson.  I hate to give up my heavy hand on rb but this is a no brainer right?

Yes, and do it before the other guy comes to his senses.

8/29/2014 12:37 pm  #12

We had our draft Tuesday night. 12 teams, I had the 11th pick. My team

QB: Matt Ryan and Tony Romo
RB: Eddie Lacy, Alfred Morris, Deangelo Williams, Andre Williams, Roy Helu
WR: Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith, Terrence Williams, Riley Cooper, Justin Hunter and Kenny Britt
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Zuerlien
D: GB

8/29/2014 1:52 pm  #13

Im probably getting greedy but picking up johnson makes me over loaded on wr.  I could give up decker or cruz for steven jackson, donald brown, shane vereen or dexter mcluster.  I think ill just propose the johnson trade and try to swing a deal for a rb.  I hate,osing my 2nd running back.  The wr position is so up and down....but it is calvin johnson.

8/29/2014 1:58 pm  #14

forsberg_us wrote:

WR: Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith, Terrence Williams, Riley Cooper, Justin Hunter and Kenny Britt

Ur rb situation looks stable.  Can you play 2 or 3?

8/29/2014 3:10 pm  #15

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

Ur rb situation looks stable. Can you play 2 or 3?

I can play 3 (2 RB and a flex), but my WRs may be a better flex play than the RBs.

9/02/2014 9:35 am  #16

I also have T. Williams, A. Williams, Justin Hunter and Cobb. I'm in a standard Yahoo! league and got the 10th pick. I took Ball and Brees with 10-11, because the dropoff after Manning, Brees, Rodgers and maybe Luck is significant.

Somehow Arian Foster fell to me in the third round, so I feel I have the best 1-2 RB combo in our league. I also grabbed Michael Crabtree, who is being severly underrated by the Yahoo! fantasy graders. Crabtree was a top 10 fantasy receiver two years ago, but Yahoo! gave me a B- for my group.

9/02/2014 1:59 pm  #17

I hate having my rb2 as chris johnson and my flex option not being a rb.  Im putting faith in wr this year.  The bad thing is 2 of my best wr have shit for qb throwing to them.

9/02/2014 11:57 pm  #18

Welker is a fucking asshole

9/03/2014 7:56 am  #19

APIAD wrote:

Yeah, the "my sample was tainted" defense smacks of Ryan Braun.
How about the penalty Goodell handed down to Jim Irsay? First of all, how do you suspend an owner? He has to watch the games on television at home instead of at the stadium? I realize DWI is a serious offense and Irsay needs to address some problems, but it's more severe than what Belichick got for cheating to win games.

9/03/2014 10:11 am  #20

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Yeah, the "my sample was tainted" defense smacks of Ryan Braun.
How about the penalty Goodell handed down to Jim Irsay? First of all, how do you suspend an owner? He has to watch the games on television at home instead of at the stadium? I realize DWI is a serious offense and Irsay needs to address some problems, but it's more severe than what Belichick got for cheating to win games.

Are you sure he didn't say his taint was sampled???  Maybe I misheard.   I kid, I kid.

In fairness to Welker, it sounds like his sample may have been tainted.  How was he supposed to know that someone laced his Molly with amphetamines?

9/03/2014 1:04 pm  #21

How does welker get suspended and 2 nlf running backs smoke pot all the waymto their lockers and still play.  What type of rules does that league apply.

9/03/2014 1:49 pm  #22

APIAD wrote:

How does welker get suspended and 2 nlf running backs smoke pot all the waymto their lockers and still play. What type of rules does that league apply.

I'm not sure weed is classified as a performance-enhancing drug. 

Last edited by artie_fufkin (9/03/2014 1:49 pm)

9/03/2014 2:50 pm  #23

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

How does welker get suspended and 2 nlf running backs smoke pot all the waymto their lockers and still play. What type of rules does that league apply.

I'm not sure weed is classified as a performance-enhancing drug. 

-signed ricky williams

9/03/2014 8:59 pm  #24

Anyone else think this is d-bagish

----------------
It was only natural someone would ask Tom Brady to comment on Wes Welker following his suspension for violation of the league's PED policy.

Brady, who also attended the Kentucky Derby, was asked if he had seen Welker take anything. That prompted a laugh, and then a response."I got no comment on that, no," he said."Oh drugs. Ha ha ha. Boy howdy. No comment."Then Brady followed up letting us know what time it is.

9/04/2014 10:11 am  #25

I wouldn't have taken Welker as someone who does Molly. Interesting. 

Board footera