You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2014 6:27 pm  #151

Re: Ferguson riots - Michael Brown.

alz wrote:

I watched a black guy stand up today and state that all this coddling, governmental programs, aid, handouts, assists, etc do nothing but cripple the black people, and instead they should be held to personal accountability and responsibility. He also noted that their inmate population density is 3-4 times higher than their population representation. 

So he basically wanted black people to stop glorifying crime and being more accountable. I'm pretty sure he'll be assassinated soon. 

You met Bill Cosby today?

9/17/2014 8:49 pm  #152

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

"Protest leaders said they plan to broaden their efforts with demonstrations at upcoming games hosted by the St. Louis Cardinals, who sit in first place and await a likely playoff berth, and the NFL's St. Louis Rams, who host the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday."

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-extends-grand-jury-ferguson-case-151010183.html

Could be the first time there is black person at Busch Stadium since Joe Thurston was released.

Sam Freeman says WTF Bro'?

9/18/2014 1:12 am  #153

artie_fufkin wrote:

alz wrote:

I watched a black guy stand up today and state that all this coddling, governmental programs, aid, handouts, assists, etc do nothing but cripple the black people, and instead they should be held to personal accountability and responsibility. He also noted that their inmate population density is 3-4 times higher than their population representation. 

So he basically wanted black people to stop glorifying crime and being more accountable. I'm pretty sure he'll be assassinated soon. 

Lol

9/18/2014 8:01 am  #154

No he was some right wing politician. Insane though watching a black man blame the "carry me" lefties like that. I wanted to stand up and applaud.

9/18/2014 8:04 am  #155

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

"Protest leaders said they plan to broaden their efforts with demonstrations at upcoming games hosted by the St. Louis Cardinals, who sit in first place and await a likely playoff berth, and the NFL's St. Louis Rams, who host the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday."

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-extends-grand-jury-ferguson-case-151010183.html

Could be the first time there is black person at Busch Stadium since Joe Thurston was released.

I refuse to believe Sam Freeman is black because he went to Kansas and they don't allow black people in that state.

9/18/2014 4:35 pm  #156

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

I refuse to believe Sam Freeman is black because he went to Kansas and they don't allow black people in that state.

Not true. They're allowed in for one year so long as they play for Bill Self.

9/29/2014 2:44 pm  #157

Okay, more substancial than Michael Brown.

Look up the Ohio Walmart shooting of a guy named Crawford. He picked up a BB gun from the shelf and then browsed the store. Waving this little rifle around. I guess some people thought it was real, called 911, and they took him down (killed him) in the middle of the store.

He happened to be black, the officers white. No charges from the grand jury, but I would certainly expect a wrongful death settlement. 

Again, I understand exactly how the officers came to the judgment they came to, but this one was actually 100% tragic. Not saying it should have been avoided, or the cops should have _______ instead of ________. I'm just saying a man was buying something he picked up off the shelf, spent a while browsing the store and got lit up for it. 

Police have said he didn't respond to instructions, but from the video.... I'm not even sure if he heard them, if they said anything. He was on his phone when they took him down.

11/25/2014 6:43 am  #158

Predictable

11/25/2014 8:55 am  #159

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

alz wrote:

Lol

Bill Cosby would have been serving funny tasting wine, I'm pretty sure this was a different black man.

11/25/2014 9:25 am  #160

APIAD wrote:

Predictable

Which part? The grand jury's decision not to indict, the angry response, or the unintentionally hilarious television coverage?

11/25/2014 11:24 am  #161

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Predictable

Which part? The grand jury's decision not to indict, the angry response, or the unintentionally hilarious television coverage?

All of it. Not for nothing, but had they charged the officer, I'm sure we'd have seen "celebratory looting". There's no concern over justice, it's all to be used as an excuse to hood yourself up and steal whatever you can.

Eventually I feel that they will end up taking a life (perhaps accidentally) in this. A building set on fire that isn't empty, or a brick thrown at a cop that hits him... The media element on CNN seems to be doing more than Jackson and Sharpton combined in order to spur us to an all out race war, and nobody seems to be exhibiting much sense. 

This is simply ugly. I do find myself sympathetic to Brown's father. Of everyone I've watched, he's been calm, spoken out against violence in all forms, and just mourned his son. Whether Brown left the officer with no choice or not, doesn't help his father. The mother however is in trouble for taking a pipe to another relative, and stealing her money and t-shirts she was selling. She leads me to understand how this child was raised, and why she is at the heart with what is wrong with this situation. 

On August 11th a black officer in Salt Lake City shot and killed an unarmed white man. There was no need for justice there. Dillon Taylor was wearing headphones, and may have been pulling up his pants while surrounded by officer. An action they interpreted as the presentation of a weapon, and now the 20 year old is dead and buried. The shooting ruled as justified. He was wanted for violating probation in connection with a felony robbery and obstructing justice convictions. My reaction to this is the same as it is for Brown. Cops have a very difficult job, and it is not difficult to fool the eye into making someone think they are seeing something that is not true. Just watch a magician if you don't believe that. Reaching for a wallet, pulling up your pants, taking your hands from your coat pockets are all things that we do multiple times a day, yet in the wrong set of circumstances, you can make a cop legitimately feel he's about to get shot by doing this in front of him. The only answer is to ask the cop to chance it, and hope you're not really pulling a weapon on him. 

Nobody is going to ask the cops to do that, and you cannot fault them for making a judgment call that proves later to be wrong. 

Pray that the violence level remains at property. Right now there's a largely disinterested population just wanting things to calm back down, but if this dumb shit results in a loss of life, it could escalate to scary way too quickly.

11/25/2014 11:45 am  #162

Seriously with CNN. I just went to grab coffee and see their banner. 

"Police criticized for lack of response".

Are you fucking kidding me? These assholes literally spent three months jumping all over the cops for their militarized response to Ferghanistan-Part 1, and are now berating them for not being actively involved in Ferghanistan-Part 2?

How do these assholes fucking sleep at night? Don't they have any accountability whatsoever for trying to keep the population calm?

11/25/2014 11:48 am  #163

"Not for nothing, but had they charged the officer, I'm sure we'd have seen "celebratory looting". There's no concern over justice, it's all to be used as an excuse to hood yourself up and steal whatever you can."

Speculative, of course. The photos that were released last night of the officer at the hospital after he was "assaulted" by Brown are revealing. I've looked worse coming home from basketball.

11/25/2014 11:53 am  #164

"How do these assholes fucking sleep at night? Don't they have any accountability whatsoever for trying to keep the population calm?"

They got exactly what they wanted, and people who tuned in last night got what they wanted. Fox ran a crawl suggesting "Violence breaks out in other cities," over its own footage of what appeared to be peaceful protests. It may be different today, but what I saw last night indicated the violence was limited to Ferguson. 

11/25/2014 12:25 pm  #165

The physical evidence confirmed that Brown was moving toward Wilson at the time he was shot.

Last night they released a diagram of the scene.  When Brown ran away from Wilson, he was running east.  Brown's blood was found as far as 27 feet east of his body.  If Brown was still running away when he was shot, the blood would have been west of his body.  If he had stopped, turned around and surrendered, his blood doesn't end up 9 yards east of that spot.  Brown stopped, turned, and started moving toward the officer (which was corroborated by witnesses as well).  

Based on the location of the shell casings, Brown was likely within 10-15 feet of Wilson when he went down.  Except for one, every other casing found at the scene was east of Brown's body.  Wilson was likely backing up and shooting as Brown was coming toward him.  

11/25/2014 12:27 pm  #166

artie_fufkin wrote:

"How do these assholes fucking sleep at night? Don't they have any accountability whatsoever for trying to keep the population calm?"

They got exactly what they wanted, and people who tuned in last night got what they wanted. Fox ran a crawl suggesting "Violence breaks out in other cities," over its own footage of what appeared to be peaceful protests. It may be different today, but what I saw last night indicated the violence was limited to Ferguson. 

The best footage from last night was a split screen shot from a local affiliate which showed Obama on one side of the screen takling about "peaceful" protests while the other side showed a bunch of protesters trying to flip and eventually setting fire to a police car.  It was a lot like watching that Bagdhad Bob character during the 2nd Iraq conflict.  Not that Obama had any way of knowing what was being shown at that moment, but the contrast was pretty funny.

11/25/2014 12:30 pm  #167

Artie, I have a question for you--as a legitimate member of the media.  One of the things that was mentioned last night were attempts to accommodate the media, but that the police were receiving requests from members of the "citizen media."  

I understand that the media has to be provided certain access, but does that right extend to any moron with a blog or a youtube account who claims to be posting information for the rest of the world to see?

11/25/2014 12:35 pm  #168

artie_fufkin wrote:

"Not for nothing, but had they charged the officer, I'm sure we'd have seen "celebratory looting". There's no concern over justice, it's all to be used as an excuse to hood yourself up and steal whatever you can."

Speculative, of course. The photos that were released last night of the officer at the hospital after he was "assaulted" by Brown are revealing. I've looked worse coming home from basketball.

Yes completely. That's why I said "I'm sure we'd have seen". 

There is no concern over justice, not for white vs black, or police officer vs citizen. I've also been blasted in the face under my cheekbone in such a fashion that it nearly knocked me out. Barely left a bruise. There were marks, so unless Wilson roughed himself up a bit before hand or after, it holds with his account of the events.

In my opinion there is no way to jump over Wilsons version of the events. Nothing he has said has been disproved. The testimony opposing him is that of Brown's friend who was with him at the store robbery and didn't stop it. Against a cop with 6 years of solid service, that doesn't get a guilty verdict. So without the ability to prove the crime was committed (which in a nutshell is the entire essense of US Law), the accused is innocent. They made the right decision I think. I am not privvy to everything the Grand Jury has seen, but from what I have read and seen from their presented evidence, I can't see how you prove guilt.

11/25/2014 12:47 pm  #169

This is indeed a funny place to chat. I was explaining to a friend that Fors is "the one lawyer I think I could trust to lead me right", and Artie is "one member of the media who is insightful, and doesn't make me want to puke" (although we may disagree sometimes).

So you two deserve kudos for bringing credit to your professions. 

11/25/2014 3:04 pm  #170

forsberg_us wrote:

Artie, I have a question for you--as a legitimate member of the media.  One of the things that was mentioned last night were attempts to accommodate the media, but that the police were receiving requests from members of the "citizen media."  

I understand that the media has to be provided certain access, but does that right extend to any moron with a blog or a youtube account who claims to be posting information for the rest of the world to see?

I had a response crafted but it didn't post because we've just switched to a cheaper ISP at work. To summarize, the primary responsibility of news reporting is to deliver information in an accurate, fair and timely manner. While I think the internet is one of the grestest inventions in the history of civillization, its advent has reversed those priorities.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (11/25/2014 3:06 pm)

11/25/2014 3:05 pm  #171

alz wrote:

This is indeed a funny place to chat. I was explaining to a friend that Fors is "the one lawyer I think I could trust to lead me right", and Artie is "one member of the media who is insightful, and doesn't make me want to puke" (although we may disagree sometimes).

Thank you. I enjoy your intelligence and your perspective. Fors' not so much. He's still a lawyer, after all.

11/25/2014 4:07 pm  #172

artie_fufkin wrote:

alz wrote:

Thank you. I enjoy your intelligence and your perspective. Fors' not so much. He's still a lawyer, after all.

Zing! Nice one!

I'm trying to decide whether I can convince the looters to go out to my consultant firm's building and put a torch to it. Those clowns just sent me a letter saying ADP wasn't taking the 1% St. Louis City Earnings tax out. They've paid the tax bill, but they want the money back from me that they should have been taking out all year. So 409.22 out of the next three paychecks just dissappeared. Right before Christmas. Thanks.... a ..... lot.....

11/25/2014 6:37 pm  #173

alz wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

alz wrote:

Zing! Nice one!

I'm trying to decide whether I can convince the looters to go out to my consultant firm's building and put a torch to it. Those clowns just sent me a letter saying ADP wasn't taking the 1% St. Louis City Earnings tax out. They've paid the tax bill, but they want the money back from me that they should have been taking out all year. So 409.22 out of the next three paychecks just dissappeared. Right before Christmas. Thanks.... a ..... lot.....

Suggest to them that they ought to absorb at least some of what's owed because it was their oversight.
And the city taking an income tax seems unfair in the first place. We don't even do that here, and we tax everything. We had to pass a law 30 years ago that limits the annual increase in property taxes to 2.5 percent. And we're still called "Taxachusetts."

11/25/2014 6:57 pm  #174

artie_fufkin wrote:

alz wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Zing! Nice one!

Suggest to them that they ought to absorb at least some of what's owed because it was their oversight.
And the city taking an income tax seems unfair in the first place. We don't even do that here, and we tax everything. We had to pass a law 30 years ago that limits the annual increase in property taxes to 2.5 percent. And we're still called "Taxachusetts."

St. Louis City taxes you whether you work or live in the City. It feels so nice paying it when you know they provide no services of value, say, for example, snow removal or street repair.

11/25/2014 8:58 pm  #175

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Predictable

The decision which was only taken as far as it was to pasify.  Obamas and holders reaction of displeasure instead of standing behind the system they are a top of or even slightly acknowledge that it was the right decisions or a fair decision. Calling for change and empowering a lack of respect for authority instead of laying blame at the foot of the person 12 jurors did.  Minorities playing into their own stereotype.  Nobody feeling remorse for Mr. Wilson and his life.  The call for police to act more aggressively after months of asking them to do less.  Questioning why they would wear a helmet when people are throwing rocks and bottles at them or vest to protect them from rifle rounds.  Then expecting them to jump in the middle of a war zone.  Holding back the national gaurd.  It is all comically predictable.  Disgustingly so.  Only in america.  This is the america we have built.  This isnt a proud moment for anyone.

Board footera