You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/26/2014 12:01 pm  #201

Re: Ferguson riots - Michael Brown.

"You have to figure out why it sank and prevent it next time.  Just like obama addressing this issue.  He calls for change but doesnt say what to change."

Well, expecting a politician to directly address an issue is like waiting to hit the lottery. And Obama is the same guy who passed a health care law without addressing the primary problem of health care, the obscene cost that's the result of the game of footsie the insurance companies and the health care providers play so they can get richer at the expense of the people who can least afford it, but that's another discussion.

Again, I think what happened in Ferguson is you had an officer who didn't have the skills and intelligence to be placed in the situation he was in trying to bully a couple of teenagers/young adults (I think I read Johnson was 20 or 21, which does not make him a teenager anymore) and the situation blew up on him. I don't think a 40-year-old cop with 15 years of experience would have handled it the same way. 

11/26/2014 12:04 pm  #202

"I appreciate that you don't Artie, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one."

That's fine. I respect your point of view, and AP's. I'm glad we have a forum where friends can have discussions like this. Your points of view have been helpful and illuminating.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (11/26/2014 12:05 pm)

11/26/2014 12:13 pm  #203

Speaking to a couple of people walking down the street and figuring out that they were involved in a robbery is excellent police work.  Could he have used verbal judo better and got them to comply?  Maybe but to fault him for not is monday morning qbing in its largest form.  Sometimes folks understand less polite ways better.  We just dont know.  Police shoot people in this country often.  It can always be second guessed.  The would have should have could have game can always be played.  In the end we dont know what could have been done to advoid the mess.  You know this because you cant point to a single action to change.  Only that someone else may have done a better job and thats just your opinion.

The age of these subject is a concern in the opposite manner to me.  Young men are loose cannons.  Some are anyway.  If brown was 40 year old with 20 years of criminal history under his belt things would have gone different as well.  He would have cuffed up and been out of jail in a week after his case was plead down to a misdemeanor and his probation extended.  He would have got his teeth fixed and a hair cut while he was in jail.

Edit: 40 year old cops with 15 years of experience were all younger and less experienced at one time.

11/26/2014 12:37 pm  #204

artie_fufkin wrote:

"I appreciate that you don't Artie, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one."

That's fine. I respect your point of view, and AP's. I'm glad we have a forum where friends can have discussions like this. Your points of view have been helpful and illuminating.

My view on cops is a little jaded (and probably considered white). There have been three times in my life where I believe I would have committed and been found guilty of crimes had it not been for the intervention of an officer who amazingly was there to respond. The job we ask them to do, and pay them very little to do is enormous. They should be paid more, paid to be educated, paid to be trained. The population at large sees that as unnecessary spending however. We're going to pay you about the same as the Women's clothing section manager at Wal-Mart, and we need you to enforce the law. It makes no sense to me.

I once wondered at Enterprise paying a tax accountant employee 25K a year and declined her a raise. When she quit, we were tagged with late fees from about 17 states within weeks claiming we didn't pay quarterly taxes on time. The fines totally nearly 200,000.00. If you put that type of burden on someone, pay them.

The realistic cause and effect of this is that a man making less than 40K a year had a work decision that has led to millions and millions of dollars to the area, because the city didn't have enough forthought to mandate a $200.00 GoPro wired to Wilson's chest. 

There does need to be change from this, the work police do cannot be left to a "he-said, she-said" accounting in a court of law when one guy ends up dead. So it's Wilson's word vs a whole bunch of people that didn't get there from the start, aside from Johnson, who apparently couldn't accurately tell you what color the sky is on a clear day. I'm hopeful that change happens so there is more transparency. In that sense though, I look at Wilson as a victim, who could be 100% truthful in his account, and there's no way to clear him of the suspicion. His cop career is over, and he now knows that at any point in time he could be recognized and potentially identified as a Racist white officer who murdered a poor black kid. That's the rest of his life. Imagine having to live it, if indeed he's telling the truth about what happened. What a bum deal he just got...

From what I know though, the only action he took that I can clearly say was the wrong move was pulling up close enough to not give himself the space to get out of the vehicle before attempting it. He may have fired without cause, but there's no way to prove that. His story is a little strange, but Brown was very high, so who knows? It's all conjecture. A GoPro would have solved this immediately.

11/26/2014 12:52 pm  #205

Body cameras are a huge push right now.  Im split on the subject.  They would be nice and save alot of hassle.  They would cover your ass if someone accuses you of wrong doing.  Also make report writing and witnesses verbal statements easier.

There are many drawbacks tho. 

1.  You have to pay for them.  My dept cant even afford dash cameras.  Body cameras cost 100 bucks.  Not as expensive hut im telling you, 100 bucks an officer will not be seens as nothing. 

2.  If laws makes them mandatory grants will have to pay for them.  Departments cant be expected to bare that cost.  Plus it isnt even mandatory they provide me with a vest.  Makes the priorities of the public very clear.

3. They fail.  They will fail.  When they fail, the battery dies or whatever will the cop be accused of purposely causing the failure.

4.  Police are more then walking talking camera men.  The public has a huge distrust in them and lack of respect.  Idk that cameras help or hurt that distrust.  If dept doesnt have cameras will prosecution take place.  We get no dui convictions partly because we cant afford dash cameras.  The courts do not take officers word.

5.alot of the public will not talk to you about whatever you are working on if they are being taped.  That is one of the biggest issues for me. 

6. Sometimes people need to be called a fucker...seriously.  it isnt PC but it works.  Not everytime.  Not in every situation but at times cursing someone is the only way to get the situation under control.  Most the public doesnt understand that because they dont understand the people law enforcemwnt deal with.  They have no clue these people even exist.

7. Do you want to be given a break by an officer?  If im on camera i may not be able to give youma second chance.

11/26/2014 2:10 pm  #206

APIAD wrote:

Body cameras are a huge push right now. Im split on the subject. They would be nice and save alot of hassle. They would cover your ass if someone accuses you of wrong doing. Also make report writing and witnesses verbal statements easier.

There are many drawbacks tho.

1. You have to pay for them. My dept cant even afford dash cameras. Body cameras cost 100 bucks. Not as expensive hut im telling you, 100 bucks an officer will not be seens as nothing.

2. If laws makes them mandatory grants will have to pay for them. Departments cant be expected to bare that cost. Plus it isnt even mandatory they provide me with a vest. Makes the priorities of the public very clear.

3. They fail. They will fail. When they fail, the battery dies or whatever will the cop be accused of purposely causing the failure.

4. Police are more then walking talking camera men. The public has a huge distrust in them and lack of respect. Idk that cameras help or hurt that distrust. If dept doesnt have cameras will prosecution take place. We get no dui convictions partly because we cant afford dash cameras. The courts do not take officers word.

5.alot of the public will not talk to you about whatever you are working on if they are being taped. That is one of the biggest issues for me.

6. Sometimes people need to be called a fucker...seriously. it isnt PC but it works. Not everytime. Not in every situation but at times cursing someone is the only way to get the situation under control. Most the public doesnt understand that because they dont understand the people law enforcemwnt deal with. They have no clue these people even exist.

7. Do you want to be given a break by an officer? If im on camera i may not be able to give youma second chance.

1) I don't think you'd find this additional cost to be substancial. 
2) Again I have no problem helping outfit the police in gear that will eliminate the guessing when it comes to understanding how traffic stops evolve into a body in the street for 4.5 hours. I don't think most people would mind it either. There should be something in the city budget to pay for it, if you have a police department you have funds.
3) Occassionally there will be a failure, but these are cameras that are capturing traffic stops and not used unless there is a dispute over professionalism, or excessive use of force, or some other complained violation of the police officer's ability to perform his duty in a fashion representative of the badge.
4) Nothing is going to cure the police distrust more than putting out audit numbers saying that 99.9999999% of all traffic stops for 2015 were incident free, and only 1 of thousands resulted in a complaint, which was clearly shot down by the prosecuting attorney after watching the stop on film. At this point, nobody is going to take a cop 100% at his word with 9 million media articles a day painting them out to be a pack of racist murderer's. Having that proof should be a welcome site for these men.
5) These are traffic stops, not full interviews. A person can keep whatever he likes quiet, or the officer can in fact turn off the camera, but that's up to them, and it could carry liability for the officer to turn it off.
6) No they don't in my opinion. You may arrest them, so that they can be charged. At no point in time should an officer feel it's necessary to verbally abuse anyone. This will in fact lead to terminations for inappropriate behavior including verbal abuse, harrassment (pulling over hot girls), etc. These are cops that need to go anyway. I've seen cops never say an ugly word to someone, and be 100% intimidating and immovable in the process. Vulgarity just escalates things.
7) Since these are only evaluated during an anonymous audit or complaint, I fail to see how they affect the judgment of the officer. I don't believe for a moment the Sgt is going to review the entire days films for every dude working every day. That's insanity and would take him 200 hours a night

11/26/2014 8:04 pm  #207

"I still don't know how anyone defends this guy's actions. The cop. Again, I would think members of law enforcement would be the first to identify him as an underqualified cop who should not have been put in the situation he was in."

I've read some pretty absurd things on this and other message boards. This ranks really high up there.

AP actually gave you an out that was undeserved. Brown isn't dead because of anything Wilson did wrong. Brown is dead because of a series of bad decisions he made over a 15-20 minute time period. He committed a robbery, elected to act in a conspicuous manner after the robbery, assaulted a police officer and then chose to try to assault the officer a 2nd time. Had he made a better decision at any of those points, he'd still be alive.

11/26/2014 9:10 pm  #208

I missed a lot of this and jumped in before I read a lot of the earlier posts. I think AP did an excellent job of addressing the evidence and I'm not going to rehash it. I will address a couple of things I don't think were addressed.

1) there are too many people trying to apply logic to Brown's actions. You can't do that because criminals don't act logically. They do irrational things all the time. One of my favorite examples was a guy one of officers picked up on a traffic warrant. He would have been transferred from our station to St. Louis City, had a bond assessed and, if he could have posted the bond, been released in a few hours. Instead, when the officer opened the back door of her car, the guy kicked open the door into her, jumped out, kicked the officer and took off running. I caught him a block and a half later. Instead of a simple traffic warrant, he ended up with charges for felony assaulting an officer and escape from custody. Instead of several hours, he ended up serving several years.

2) Artie you asked why Brown would reach toward his waistline if he didn't have a gun. As stupid as it sounds, I bet I know why--to hold up his pants. Black kids sag their pants, but you can't run with your belt around your knees. Go back and look at the image of Brown in the street after he was shot--his pants are at his knees. I was still a cop when "sagging" became a fad. We all knew it was going to cost kids their lives because their always reaching to their waistband to pull up/hold their pants.

3) The notion that Wilson was "bullying" two kids is ridiculous. Simple idea, don't walk down the middle of the street. It impedes traffic and places yourself and others at risk. It's Wilson's job to say something, even if it was "get the fuck on the sidewalk."  The only bully on the scene was Brown. He showed it in his treatment of the store owner, and walking down the middle of the street is classic "I can do whatever I want" mentality of a bully.

4) That said, Wilson did make a critical mistake at the beginning of the encounter, he should never have parked in a position where Brown could get to his door before Wilson could exit his car. So Artie, if you want to blame Wilson, that would be the point I would make. Perhaps if Wilson exits his car before encountering Brown events happen differently.

11/26/2014 9:37 pm  #209

Also, the County Prosecutor is catching a lot of heat which is completely undeserved.

Was this grand jury process handled different from other cases--absolutely. Was that because Wilson was a cop--sort of, it was certainly because of the high profile nature of the case. Did that different treatment alter the final result--not a bit. The fact of the matter is this case never goes to trial, and McCulloch and anyone who understands the system knows that.

This case wasn't winnable. There are multiple conflicting accounts of what happened. Witnesses said Brown was shot from behind. Some said Wilson was shot while his arms were raised to surrender. Some said Wilson stood over Brown after wounding Brown and fired the fatal shots execution style. Some corroborated Wilson's testimony that Brown ran away, stopped, turned around and charged Wilson. These massive inconsistencies give the defense reasonable doubt before the case goes to trial.

All attorneys have an ethical obligation not to call a witness knowing the witness' testimony will be false. The objective physical evidence prevents McCulloch from ever calling the witnesses who said Brown was shot in the back because the autopsy refuted that testimony. The witnesses who claimed an execution were refuted by an audio recording showing that the shots outside the car came in two volleys, separated by very little time, not a bunch of shots followed several seconds later by a kill shot or two.

In addition to the witnesses who testified that Brown charged Wilson, this fact is conclusively proven by the physical evidence at the scene. After the altercation at the car, Brown runs east (all of this information can be found in a diagram of the scene which was part of the information released after the announcement).  Wilson follows, also traveling east. At some point Brown stops and turns around (had to have happened since there are no shots in the back). Question is, did he turn around and stop or turn and charge.

The crime scene diagram shows that Brown's blood was found 27 feet east of where his body fell. The only way this happens is if Brown is moving WEST when shot other blood is also found between the farthest spot and the body. That physical evidence confirms Brown turned and came back.

One other significant item of evidence--the location of Wilson's shell casings. Wilson fired 10 shots outside of the vehicle. He was using a semi-automatic weapon which would discharge the casings to the right. 9 of the casings are found either southeast or directly south of Brown's body. The other was 1 foot west and south of Brown's body. What does that mean?  Wilson was retreating as Brown was charging. He was trying to keep enough distance between himself and Brown to allow Brown to go down to the ground (either voluntarily or involuntarily). Unlucky for Brown the fatal shot occurred as he was falling.

Point is, this evidence corroborates the witnesses who said Brown was moving toward Wilson. McCulloch cannot ethically call the other witnesses knowing their testimony is false. He could not have won a conviction, and when a prosecutor cannot convict, he is ethically duty bound to dismiss charges.

So yes, McCulloch's office could have indicted Wilson (as the saying goes, you can indict a ham sandwich), but imagine the uproar a couple months after the indictment when he then has to dismiss.

Was the grand jury manipulated?  Yes. It was manipulated to do what McCulloch himself would have been legally required to do.

At the end of the day, the fact that reasonable people can reasonably disagree whether the right result occurred means the defense has to win.

11/26/2014 11:01 pm  #210

FBI and local law enforcement have foiled a plot to kill Bob McCulloch and Ferguson Chief Tom Jackson and also to plant a bomb at the Arch.

In other happy news, police identified the person killed in Ferguson during Monday's riots. The victim was shot and an accelerant was poured on the body which was partially burned. The victim was a 20 year old black male who lived in the Canfield apartments. There's speculation that the victim could have been one of the witnesses who testified before the grand jury and corroborated Wilson's testimony.

All in the name of justice I'm sure.

11/28/2014 11:29 am  #211

"I've read some pretty absurd things on this and other message boards. This ranks really high up there."

See, we had gone all this time without making this discussion personal. I don't know what you found absurd, but I would think as a former member of the law enforcement community you would be among the first among us to recognize shoddy police work. 
One of the reasons there is mistrust from the public toward cops is partly due to the idea that they cover for each other in situations like this, like McCulloch clearly has in this instance. I challenged AP to give me an instance when a cop was indicted for a wrongful death. I believe he claimed there have been "thousands," but he couldn't give me one specific case. I'm sure there have been, but I can't think of one. I know a couple of NYC cops pleaded guilty to shoving the handle of a broom or a plunger up that Haitian guy's ass back in the '90s, but that's the only case I can think of off the top of my head.
The bottom line is a young man who was unarmed was shot to death by a police officer, and according to the system, the person who is responsible is the dead kid. Now, tell me again what part is absurd?

11/28/2014 12:44 pm  #212

artie_fufkin wrote:

I challenged AP to give me an instance when a cop was indicted for a wrongful death. I believe he claimed there have been "thousands," but he couldn't give me one specific case. I'm sure there have been, but I can't think of one.

You ask me to name an instance.  I took it to mean can cops just kill anyone and get away with it.  Of course not. 

"Is there an instance when a cop shooting a civilian to death isn't justified?"

A simple search on your part answers your own question. 

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0LEV0WXs3hU1y0AxJTBGOd_?ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-hrtab-901&fp=1&p=police+indicted+for+shooting&SpellState=&fr2=sp-qrw-corr-top

The fact you had to ask it telling in how good of a job the police do in following the rules.

11/28/2014 12:49 pm  #213

artie_fufkin wrote:

"I've read some pretty absurd things on this and other message boards. This ranks really high up there."

The bottom line is a young man who was unarmed was shot to death by a police officer, and according to the system, the person who is responsible is the dead kid. Now, tell me again what part is absurd?

After 9 pages of discussion your still not engaging in it.  I agree the titanic sunk and brown didnt have a firearm.   There might be alittle more to each story tho.

11/28/2014 6:19 pm  #214

Artie I'm still confused when you suggest shoddy police work. How do you feel Officer Wilson failed? I mean, I agreed that he should have pulled far enough away to get out without being in a fight. However, to me that's not something to put him in jail for.

However, everything else he did was completely justified if the events happened the way he said, and since I can't prove otherwise, that's what I have to take as truth.

11/28/2014 7:07 pm  #215

"How do you feel Officer Wilson failed?"

Oh, I don't know. The dead body? I think we've exhausted all sides of the discussion here. If the three of you want to keep insisting we ought to live in a police state where a cop can shoot an unarmed kid and not have to answer for it, that's your prerogative. But I've got other things to do than bang my head against a wall with this issue.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (11/28/2014 7:07 pm)

11/28/2014 7:48 pm  #216

Story from earlier this year in Johnson City New York. Almost identical circumstances, different outcome.  Guess Wilson should have just accepted this fate.

7:03 a.m.: Police receive call for disturbance at 32 Harrison St., near UHS Wilson Medical Center.
7:06 a.m.: Call goes out for shots fired.

Shortly after, police determined Clark came out of Southern Tier waving his hands in the air, but was inaudible, according to witnesses.

Smith was preparing to exit his vehicle and open the car door and the suspect immediately attacked him and punched him several times as he was trying to exit the vehicle.

Witness said Clark reached into Smith's car and struggled to get Smith's service weapon out of the holster.

As the struggle continued Smith was able to get out of the car, but the suspect gained control of the gun and he shot Smith.

Once Smith was down the suspect then shot him another time.

- See more at: http://elmira-corning.twcnews.com/content/news/722621/johnson-city-police-officer-shot--killed-with-service-weapon--suspect-dies/#sthash.aKXZZp1x.dpuf

11/28/2014 7:56 pm  #217

artie_fufkin wrote:

See, we had gone all this time without making this discussion personal. I don't know what you found absurd, but I would think as a former member of the law enforcement community you would be among the first among us to recognize shoddy police work. 
One of the reasons there is mistrust from the public toward cops is partly due to the idea that they cover for each other in situations like this, like McCulloch clearly has in this instance. I challenged AP to give me an instance when a cop was indicted for a wrongful death. I believe he claimed there have been "thousands," but he couldn't give me one specific case. I'm sure there have been, but I can't think of one. I know a couple of NYC cops pleaded guilty to shoving the handle of a broom or a plunger up that Haitian guy's ass back in the '90s, but that's the only case I can think of off the top of my head.

I would acknowledge shoddy police work if it had occurred. As I said, Wilson shouldn't have driven close enough to allow Brown to attack him inside his car. Other than that, Wilson did everything else just fine.

You keep coming back to the fact that Brown was unarmed like it's some dispositive fact. It isn't. An unarmed person has the ability to take a life.

The bottom line is a criminal who chose to attack a police officer once and then decided to come back for a second pass was killed. Sounds like a good result for society in general.

11/29/2014 10:45 am  #218

And you asked for an example where a cop should be indicted, I give you the situation in Cleveland.

If you believe the kid has a real gun, you don't drive to within 5-10 feet of him. If you don't think the gun is real, then you don't shoot. Either way, the cops screwed up pretty bad.

11/29/2014 10:54 am  #219

" I think we've exhausted all sides of the discussion here."

¤Other than the fact the Titanic ended up at the bottom of the ocean, it was a successful voyage.

▪and he may have to move to another community, but at least he's still above ground and breathing.

▪Really? Wilson, who is living and breathing, is the victim, as opposed to the dead man?

▪The bottom line is a young man who was unarmed was shot to death by a police officer, and according to the system, the person who is responsible is the dead kid. Now, tell me again what part is absurd?

▪I guarantee he won't make the same mistakes again. 

▪but he didn't deserve to die because he stole a handful of cigars and wouldn't walk on a sidewalk.

▪At least he still has one to live. Unlike Mr. Brown.

▪Oh, I don't know. The dead body? 

You have not discussed it.  If you refuse to that isfine.  However it isnt fair to say one side is wrong and not be able to say why.  Simply stating you disagree with the end result over and over does not mean you discussed the issue.  This is what the brown side has done.  They call for change and how unfair this was but get stuck on the same points you have.  Yes brown is dead and he didnt have a gun.  That isnt the whole story.  If the brown side cant understand that then neither side can have a discussion and neither side will.  It is impossible.  Anything the wilson side says is over ruled by, "brown is dead".  If anyone actually thinks that is the point that wins this debate the debate itself is pointless.

11/30/2014 12:32 am  #220

Well said, guys. Sorry, Artie, but I just can't see your side on this one. Our local free paper ran a piece that ended with the line "Michael Brown was shot to death for walking down the middle of the street". I thought that was anarchist bullshit and still do.
Edit: I think one big reason this is so polarizing is the way so many of the "activists" are acting and how little light is shone on the more radical elements like the ones who chained the mall doors shut in Seattle on Friday, trapping shoppers inside. And the NYT reporter who published Wilson's home address. Sympathy takes a back seat when looters, opportunists, anarchists, and lynch mobs are given equal footing with those who truly want to see justice served.

Last edited by JV (11/30/2014 12:41 pm)

12/01/2014 12:56 am  #221

artie_fufkin wrote:

"How do you feel Officer Wilson failed?"

Oh, I don't know. The dead body? I think we've exhausted all sides of the discussion here. If the three of you want to keep insisting we ought to live in a police state where a cop can shoot an unarmed kid and not have to answer for it, that's your prerogative. But I've got other things to do than bang my head against a wall with this issue.

Sorry if a 300 pound kid manhandled him, and he felt his life was in danger after barely getting away (having to shoot from inside the cruiser), and more importantly, i can't disprove anything about his version of the events.... I'm not sure how it would be justice to go ahead with a trial that had 0% chance of winning.

You haven't shed a single tear for Dillon Taylor though. Nobody has, and he never touched the police officer who shot him. Is it better when a black cop shoots a white guy? It shouldn't be, but that guy had a past. He also had headphones and made a sudden movement. He's dead now. He didn't grab the cop, punch him, cuss him out, grab his gun, get shot at, come back at the cop, and get shot (Mike brown did this). He didn't comply with instruction, wearing headphones, he may not have heard it. Then he made a movement that looked like he was bringing out a weapon. He was unarmed, and actually might have just been pulling up his pants. He is dead though, and all America cares about is Mike "the mauler" Brown who got seriously high on some good blunt, and tried getting physical with one too many people.

It's sad to me. There are more worthy cases that deserve protest.

Last edited by alz (12/01/2014 12:57 am)

12/01/2014 11:02 am  #222

If you haven't seen people talking about Dillon Taylor, then you're not looking hard enough. It hasn't had the same amount of attention as the Michael Brown ordeal, but it's still been discussed.

As for "The Mauler," it's truly interesting times when black people transform into demons, hulk up and charge a police officer shooting at them. Frankly, I think the story sounds about as likely as me banging Kate Upton, but...umm, okay.

12/01/2014 12:21 pm  #223

tkihshbt wrote:

If you haven't seen people talking about Dillon Taylor, then you're not looking hard enough. It hasn't had the same amount of attention as the Michael Brown ordeal, but it's still been discussed.

As for "The Mauler," it's truly interesting times when black people transform into demons, hulk up and charge a police officer shooting at them. Frankly, I think the story sounds about as likely as me banging Kate Upton, but...umm, okay.

Then all you have to do is explain how the two blood stains (the two circles farthest to the right on the diagram) ended up 20+ feet further east than Mike Brown's body if he wasn't moving toward Wilson.

Also the shell casings.  How do the shell casings (which kick right from a semi-automatic weapon) end up, in some cases, further east of Wilson's body unless Wilson was actually east of where Brown ultimately fell and moved back to the west as Brown was moving toward him?

[img]http://media.kmov.com/images/363*264/SceneRender1.PNG[/img]

Last edited by forsberg_us (12/01/2014 12:36 pm)

12/01/2014 12:43 pm  #224

lol Dillon Taylor never made the front page of Yahoo. Civil rights leaders never went to Salt Lake City to protest the cruel murder of a citizen. I did see Boznian's nearly get into it with Brown protestors after a member of their community was fatally beaten by black teenagers with a hammer. I'm sure Jackson and Sharpton will be coming back through here to rebuke those Boznians for typical white racist behavior in objecting. 

As far as how likely it is Brown did as the cop suggests... It sure seems from the evidence that Brown did as the cop suggests. I agree it's crazy for Brown to do this, but it's also crazy to assume a white cop working patrol pulled over two kids in the middle of a street in broad daylight and filled one of them (not both) full of holes. Why not pop the witness? Why not wait until nightfall where the entire neighborhood can't see?

So if you're asking why Brown did what he did? My answer is:

I don't have the first clue. I certainly would have done things differently, beginning with not robbing the convenience store, throwing the clerk into the shelve, and ending with me doing what the officer asked me to. I however am not Michael Brown, and because of these differences between us, I'm alive. To ask me to believe, however, that an officer with a good record of 6 years used this stop to intentionally murder an 18 year old black kid in broad daylight for the most minor strong arm robbery ever seen, and not shoot the witness who was right there? That's too far for my imagination to reach without very solid proof.

12/01/2014 12:54 pm  #225

I thought it was established that he was facing him and started coming toward him, but the dispute is the manner in which he did it. I just don't know how we go from "he's running away" to "wait a minute, I'm a black demon, so I'll just go back at him."

Board footera