You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/30/2014 9:18 am  #1

Kansas City 41, New England 14

I'm really, really enjoying this.
At this rate, the bandwagon will be empty by Halloween.

9/30/2014 9:29 am  #2

Re: Kansas City 41, New England 14

For once, I imagine artie actually looks like his profile picture. 

As a struggling NFL fan who's all but out the door. Nothing still makes me smile bigger than seeing New England getting it's ass beat.

9/30/2014 12:56 pm  #3

A reporter asked Belichick if he is going to "re-evaluate the quarterback position." He didn't answer.

9/30/2014 3:00 pm  #4

For me, the best part of last night's game was that I went into it with a 4 point lead over our fantasy league "genius" who drafted Gostkowski in the 7th round of our draft because he was a "difference-maker."

9/30/2014 5:34 pm  #5

forsberg_us wrote:

For me, the best part of last night's game was that I went into it with a 4 point lead over our fantasy league "genius" who drafted Gostkowski in the 7th round of our draft because he was a "difference-maker."

So without Gostkowski, New England loses by 29 instead of 27? Then again, my wife could kick an extra point.

10/01/2014 8:14 am  #6

I posted mine without even seeing yours.

Are people in Boston beating up Belichick for thinking he can pluck guys out of Walmart and get an All-Pro performance from them? I get the realities of the salary cap, but what New England does to guys that have sacrificed brain cells for the Patriot Way is pretty appalling. Trading Logan Mankins was probably the most arrogant thing they've done.

10/01/2014 8:32 am  #7

"Are people in Boston beating up Belichick for thinking he can pluck guys out of Walmart and get an All-Pro performance from them?"

Very much so. What's surprising is how quickly people are turning on Brady. 

"Trading Logan Mankins was probably the most arrogant thing they've done."

Either that or driving away Welker and thinking they could replace him with Danny Amendola, or banishing Richard Seymour to Oakland. The Krafts don't tolerate any sort of insubordination. 

10/01/2014 8:55 am  #8

I'm not surprised people are turning on Brady. He's clearly lost a step or two. The old Brady finds a way to make this crap receiving corps work well enough to where they aren't losing by 27 on the road, and I don't think he has that anymore. He's been the worst quarterback in the league targeting receivers 10 yards down field.

10/01/2014 9:52 am  #9

tkihshbt wrote:

I'm not surprised people are turning on Brady. He's clearly lost a step or two. The old Brady finds a way to make this crap receiving corps work well enough to where they aren't losing by 27 on the road, and I don't think he has that anymore. He's been the worst quarterback in the league targeting receivers 10 yards down field.

No doubt, but even though anyone who lives west of the Connecticut River knows everything the Patriots have accomplished since Belichick arrived is tainted, Brady is a god here. It's relatively astonishing that people are willing to discard him because Jimmy Garappalo went 6-for-7 with a touchdown in the fourth quarter of a blowout against a team that was playing its a second string defense and didn't spend a second of practice preparing for the backup quarterback.

10/01/2014 11:17 am  #10

I haven't really watched a lot, is Brady making bad choices at quarterback? Throwing balls that no longer have the velocity necessary, or holding the ball for too long? Is he getting happy feet? Trying to force the ball? Or are his throws just not where they need to be when they need to be there?

If the answers to most of these questions are no, then Brady might not be the issue. I'd expect him to lose some zip on the ball, making some bombs, and some of the passes in general off limits. If sub-standard receivers are covered, and he's throwing balls away or eating coverage sacks, that may not be something you can put at his feet. 

I'd suspect it is a combination of his decline, and the team not having the tools around him to make their offense threatening. Garappalo lighting up the second string of the Chiefs isn't going to be much of an answer. 

Edit: For some reason I always spell Chiefs wrong (I think it's an exception to the i before e rule, and I know it's not...)

Last edited by alz (10/01/2014 11:19 am)

10/01/2014 11:40 am  #11

"I'd suspect it is a combination of his decline, and the team not having the tools around him to make their offense threatening."

Those are components. His line has been especially awful. Vollmer has been a turnstile at left tackle. You can understand an All-Pro caliber end like Hali lighting him up, but he wasn't much better against Mack, and that was Mack's third game as a pro. 
As TK mentioned, a lot of their problems come from dealing their best offensive lineman just before the season started because he wouldn't renegotiate his contract. That's not on Belichick or Brady. It's because the owner and his favorite son are angry little men who never forgive or forget.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (10/01/2014 11:41 am)

10/01/2014 11:57 am  #12

10/01/2014 1:37 pm  #13

Outstanding.

10/01/2014 2:14 pm  #14

I need to correct myself. Nate Solder is the left tackle. Vollmer plays right tackle. Either way, they've both been bad.
Another thing for which Brady is being criticized is not congratulating Garappolo after Garappolo threw his first career touchdown pass. Even as much as I loathe the Patriots, that's completely absurd.

Board footera