You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2015 1:00 pm  #76

Re: Belichick and Brady

4. The mid-2000s Chicago Cubs.

5/19/2015 2:08 pm  #77

tkihshbt wrote:

Was that the Wood-Prior Cubs Dynasty or the Soriano Cubs Dynasty?

5/19/2015 4:30 pm  #78

tkihshbt wrote:

Point conceded.

5/19/2015 4:39 pm  #79

So someone with some sense apparently advised Kraft to take his meager punishment and walk away. I'm guessing this is all part of a backroom deal to reduce Brady's suspension. Brady won't take this to court for the aforementioned reason that he'll have to produce his phone. Goodell will end up halving the suspension, and as much as his boyfriends will howl about not getting to watch him run around in his tight pants for the first two games of the season, Belichick will be thrilled to trade a Super Bowl trophy for a worst-case scenario of opening the 2015 season with a 0-2 record in the soft-as-puppy-shit AFC East.

5/19/2015 8:03 pm  #80

forsberg_us wrote:

tkihshbt wrote:

Was that the Wood-Prior Cubs Dynasty or the Soriano Cubs Dynasty?

I think both qualify as dynasties. When you win 88, 85 and 98 games and three division titles in six seasons, you're a veritable dynasty without question.

So someone with some sense apparently advised Kraft to take his meager punishment and walk away. I'm guessing this is all part of a backroom deal to reduce Brady's suspension. Brady won't take this to court for the aforementioned reason that he'll have to produce his phone. Goodell will end up halving the suspension, and as much as his boyfriends will howl about not getting to watch him run around in his tight pants for the first two games of the season, Belichick will be thrilled to trade a Super Bowl trophy for a worst-case scenario of opening the 2015 season with a 0-2 record in the soft-as-puppy-shit AFC East.

I think the damage has been done to the reputations of all involved that the four Super Bowls are pretty hollow. When I turn on NFL Films in 2030, the Belichick-era Patriots will not be mentioned in the same breath as the Packers, Steelers and Cowboys among the greatest runs. That well has been poisoned so much they should call it Times Beach.

5/19/2015 9:13 pm  #81

"I think the damage has been done to the reputations of all involved that the four Super Bowls are pretty hollow. When I turn on NFL Films in 2030, the Belichick-era Patriots will not be mentioned in the same breath as the Packers, Steelers and Cowboys among the greatest runs. That well has been poisoned so much they should call it Times Beach."

The third paragraph of Belichick's obituary will contain the word "Spygate." Brady's Boyfriends are worried that his pristine legacy has been soiled. They've conveniently forgotten about him impregnanting his actress girlfriend and then upgrading to a supermodel. Not really the role model they make him out to be.
The true believers are actually upset with Kraft in the wake of his press conference today. The term "withdrawing the cannons" has been thrown about. I think Belichick went to him and said, "Look, if this ends up in court, we're going to have to disclose information we really don't want to disclose, and you could end up losing me for a year, or longer. Let's pay the fine, concede the draft choices and look contrite for the sake of Bradys appeal."

5/24/2015 5:46 pm  #82

In case any of you think I exaggerate about how many people here would like to have Brady's cock in their mouth.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Hundreds-Set-to-Rally-in-Support-of-Tom-Brady-304849661.html

5/25/2015 11:41 am  #83

6/08/2015 5:34 pm  #84

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/police-car-found-abandoned-belongs-patriots-linebacker-120212229--nfl.html

This is weird. Either the Patriots have become so hypersensitive about controversy that they just don't want to deal with even a hint of shenanigans, or they know a whole heck of a lot more than what's been reported so far.

7/28/2015 2:56 pm  #85

Goodell has decided to endorse Goodell's suspension of Brady for 4 games. 

Roger Goodell was quoted as saying, "I have reviewed the facts of this case, as well as the suspension given to Tom Brady by Roger Goodell, and found Roger acted in the best interests of the National Football League. I have further decided to present Roger Goodell with an award for stepping outside the box on this one, taking the initiative and making a very tough decision. Roger come on up here!"

When the media stared incredulously, Roger then walked off the podium, came back, smiled and shook hands with himself, and graciously accepted the award. He thanked everyone who made the event possible, and then took questions. 

Roger Goodell was then fined 250K for not wearing the official NFL pin on the lapel of his jacket, and listening to "Beats by Dre" headphones on his way to the office.

7/28/2015 3:16 pm  #86

Funny.

Can't wait to hear Brady/Patriots fans explanation for this (from Goodell's actual statement)

On or shortly before March 6, the day that Tom Brady met with independent investigator Ted Wells and his colleagues, Brady directed that the cell phone he had used for the prior four months be destroyed. He did so even though he was aware that the investigators had requested access to text messages and other electronic information that had been stored on that phone. ‎During the four months that the cell phone was in use, Brady had exchanged nearly 10,000 text messages, none of which can now be retrieved from that device. The destruction of the cell phone was not disclosed until June 18, almost four months after the investigators had first sought electronic information from Brady.

In the legal world, that's called spoliation of evidence.  The consequence of spoliation is that the finder of fact (judge/jury/arbitrator) is free to infer that the evidence destroyed was bad for your case.  Basically, Brady just handed the NFL evidence of his knowledge of and participation in deflating the footballs.  If he receives good legal advice, Brady needs to accept his punishment and let this die down.  It's highly unlikely he can win a lawsuit/arbitration given the spoliation issue.  I don't expect his ego to allow that to happen, but that would be the smart move.

Last edited by forsberg_us (7/28/2015 3:21 pm)

7/28/2015 4:36 pm  #87

There are people here who are actually admitting the destruction of the phone makes them change their opinion of Brady's role in this, but the'yre being overwhelmed by the ballwashers.
The argument has pivoted now to Brady's punishment of four games being greater than those that have been given to drunk drivers and wife beaters. It goes without saying that those offenses are serious, but those suspensions were for off-the-field stuff. Tampering with the equipment in order to gain a competitive advantage in a playoff game directly undermines the integrity of the sport.

7/29/2015 8:01 am  #88

Artie, 

I agree with you. Attempts to cheat the game are the among the more serious offenses in sports. Besides, the real punishment for drunk driving, wife beating, dog fighting, etc is supposed to come from a courtroom, not a sports league. Vick was suspended indefinitely, but the feds decided he should be suspended for 21 months. He then got to square with football when he sorted out his legal issues. To me that's how a lot of the "off the field" stuff needs to go down.

7/29/2015 12:26 pm  #89

alz wrote:

Artie, 

I agree with you. Attempts to cheat the game are the among the more serious offenses in sports. Besides, the real punishment for drunk driving, wife beating, dog fighting, etc is supposed to come from a courtroom, not a sports league. Vick was suspended indefinitely, but the feds decided he should be suspended for 21 months. He then got to square with football when he sorted out his legal issues. To me that's how a lot of the "off the field" stuff needs to go down.

I'm still of the belief that this thing goes one level higher. There's no way Darth Hoodie doesn't have a gloved hand in this. There's no way Brady deflates the footballs without Belichick's knowledge and consent. There's no way Belichick doesn't know there are people from the league running around the sidelines and in his locker room measuring air in the footballs at halftime of a playoff game.
When Kraft threw up the white flag a few months ago, it was to protect his coach, as did Brady when he chucked his cell phone into the drink. They can survive without Brady for four games in that sissypants division. If Belichick is implicated in any way with the deflated footballs, he's gone for a year. At least. And that's something the Patriots can't survive.

7/30/2015 2:10 pm  #90

"Robert has already addressed this artie."

How'd I do? Sound like Belichick?

12/27/2015 8:13 pm  #91

Wait a minute, did I hear this correctly?

Did Belicheat win the coin toss in overtime, elect to kick and watch the Jets go down and score a game-winning TD with Brady on the sidelines?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Artie, please let me know how the Patriot apologists spin this one to show Belicheat's genius. I can't wait to hear.

12/28/2015 9:23 am  #92

"Artie, please let me know how the Patriot apologists spin this one to show Belicheat's genius. I can't wait to hear."

The most ardent of the ballwashers on Boston sports radio are on vacation this week. There was one guy who called the fill-ins on WEEI this morning who said he is "disappointed" in Belichick, but he was quickly dismissed with the "He's won six Super Bowls" retort. The Sports Hub's morning discussion was gleeful schadenfreuding about Peyton Manning's HGH episode.
For the truly committed, there's been a theory espoused that Belichick threw the game to the Jets so the Jets could make the playoffs instead of the Steelers, under the rationale the Steelers are the Patriots' biggest threat in the AFC right now.
Even Comcast Sports New England's Tom E. Curran, who would eat the peanuts out of Brady's shit, dismissed that one.
What's interesting is CubFan went around saying the same thing about La Russa chucking games to the Astros to keep the Cubs out of the playoffs in 2004. 
CubFan is to baseball as PatriotFan is to football. Congratulations.

12/28/2015 9:44 am  #93

"For the truly committed, there's been a theory espoused that Belichick threw the game to the Jets so the Jets could make the playoffs instead of the Steelers, under the rationale the Steelers are the Patriots' biggest threat in the AFC right now."

I actually heard this one and assumed it had to be getting significant play in New England.

12/28/2015 12:45 pm  #94

"I actually heard this one and assumed it had to be getting significant play in New England."

Simmons and Shaughnessy both submitted Tweets, undoubtedly laced with sarcasm, suggesting Belichick threw the game to the Jets, but I think you have to be a true, true believer to actually give that theory any sort of credence.
As brilliant as Belichick is, he would have to - in the midst of his own game - have to calculate the ramifications of the Stealers loss, a Jets win, assume the Bengals or the Broncos aren't going to catch the Patriots for home field, and assume his own team - which has lost three of its last five - is going to beat the Dolphins in Miami this Sunday. There's just too much at stake for the Patriots to dump games. There's no way he even considers forfeiting the possibility of home field advantage to play matchups so he could face the Stealers - a team that lost to the Ravens with Ryan Mallett playing QB - than the Jets, who are playing pretty good defense. 
If his thought processes are that detailed, he should have spent his time counting cards at the Blackjack tables in Vegas and gotten rich that way.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (12/28/2015 12:46 pm)

1/18/2016 9:39 am  #95

1/24/2016 10:51 am  #96

Artie, this is more of a journalist question more than football, but what are your thoughts on Peter Gammons?

1/24/2016 12:02 pm  #97

tkihshbt wrote:

Artie, this is more of a journalist question more than football, but what are your thoughts on Peter Gammons?

In his prime, Gammons was the best beat writer in baseball, in terms of both content and style. But along the way he became a celebrity. Television was a terrible fit for him, and he kind of devolved in this Walter Winchell character.
He'll most likely be remembered as the best baseball writer ever, and he deserves all the accolades he gets for helping to advance the profession from the violet prose era of Grantland Rice, et al, but he never should have left the Globe.

1/24/2016 6:35 pm  #98

LOL!!!  Suck it New England!!!!

1/24/2016 10:52 pm  #99

forsberg_us wrote:

Please tell me they got screwed by the officials or something.

1/25/2016 8:18 am  #100

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

Please tell me they got screwed by the officials or something.

Not sure if they're blaming the officials yet. As of last night, the scape goat was Gostkowski. He missed an XP (his first miss in forever) which caused them to have to go for a 2-pt conversion at the end which failed.

Board footera