You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/30/2016 10:24 am  #126

Re: Belichick and Brady

From the Boston Globe:
Former quarterback Tim Tebow revealed in the opening chapter of his new book that while he was trying out for the Patriots in 2013, he was told by Belichick to turn down a $1 million endorsement deal.
Tebow honored Belichick’s wish.Two months later, he was released by the team.From Tebow’s book, “Shaken: Discovering Your True Identity in the Midst of Life’s Storms: “I remembered when I had signed with the team in June. Then I’d had an offer on the table to make a one-day appearance endorsing a product for a million-dollar paycheck. I’m sure you’d agree that a million bucks is a lot to make in just twenty-four hours. But I wasn’t quick to say yes.
“When I came on the team, Coach and I had a long and deep talk. ‘I want to make you one of the guys,’ he told me. ‘This is not going to be a media circus. I’ll control it if you do your part. You’re part of a team, Timmy. We’re in this together.’“So when the offer for the one-day commercial turned up, I was sure to discuss the opportunity with him. ‘I want to know what you think, Coach,’ I said. ‘I respect you and I want to fit in. I want to be one of the guys. Should I do it?’
“He thought for a moment and then shook his head. ‘Timmy, I would really appreciate it if you didn’t.’In that same chapter, Tebow discussed the meeting he had with Belichick and Josh McDaniels when they informed him of the decision to cut him, describing it as a sucker punch, while also acknowledging he had played poorly in the preseason.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (11/30/2016 10:25 am)

12/01/2016 5:51 am  #127

This baseball deal is clearly a gimmick.  He has no chance of even being a decent minor league baseball player.  I am disappointed we never got to see tim tebow actually get a change on the football field to prove he could recreate the seeming luck he had in denver.  With all the shitty QBs in the NFL id think some team would have gave it a test run.  Maybe this is Tebows fault for being stuborn on position change but someone with his athletic ablity and unique skill set has a place on a roster.  He could have been a wild cat, tight end, full back with thr ablity to throw alittle bit.  The jets sort of tried that but the jets sucked.

2/05/2017 1:13 pm  #128

Super bowl sunday....who gives a fuck

2/05/2017 10:02 pm  #129

APIAD wrote:

Me

2/06/2017 3:36 am  #130

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Me

It was a good game, for football anyway.

2/06/2017 7:41 am  #131

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Me

It was a good game, for football anyway.

I prefer football over baseball by a long shot. I rarely actually watch a baseball game start to finish--Cardinals included.

With the exception of the New England/Houston game, I recorded or watched live every NFL playoff game and watched each start to finish. I watched every minute of the 3 college football playoff games. I don't think I watched 10 innings of the MLB playoffs.

Personal preference I suppose, but I find baseball boring as hell.

2/06/2017 8:44 am  #132

I dont have much of a rooting interest in football.  Last night and the packers cowboy game were good games that kept my interest.  Baseball can be boring and i dont watch as many games start to finish as i used to.  That is more due to family tho.  I listen to more games then i watch due to circumstance as well.  My attention span for anything that last over an hour is lacking.  It is personal preference.  No doubt that the NFL has some appeal work to do for next year.  It wasnt just me who was turned off.

2/06/2017 8:53 am  #133

I watched Kill Bill, both volumes, last night. The second one was better than the first, but overall they weren't in the same league with Django or Inglourious Basterds. 

2/06/2017 1:19 pm  #134

2/07/2017 11:45 am  #135

It's literally raining on the Patriots' parade. Fuck off, bitches.

2/07/2017 12:50 pm  #136

So I guess someone stole Brady's super bowl jersey??? I thought originally the EQ manager had it, but it looks like it really is missing. That's a bit sad to me, I hope they catch the clown. 

At the end of the day, I still hate the Patriots, but they were down 28-3 in the 3rd quarter, and came back to win that game. I have no idea how totally. Everything had to go right for that to even have a remote chance, and it did.... Atlanta kicking themselves out of field goal range, generating that turnover, 2 2-point conversions, defensive stops, winning the coin toss, Brady marching down the field time after time. 

I have always hated Tom Brady, but what I saw there was the greatest thing I've ever seen a quarterback do in the biggest game there is. I'm pretty sure the greatest of all time debate is over. Like hockey, we're all going to have to ask "Who's number 2"?

2/05/2018 8:51 am  #137

The bitter stench of defeat here smells wonderful today.

2/05/2018 9:05 am  #138

First Super Bowl I didn't watch. I read about it. Looks like there was 1 punt, and both defenses combined to make 1 play? 

2/05/2018 10:02 am  #139

Offensive heavy.  I wanted both to lose but it was a good game.  Entertaining.

2/05/2018 2:21 pm  #140

Agree with AP. Entertaining is the best description. Not to sound like the cranky old man who tells those darn kids to get offa his lawn, but what I watched yesterday isn't football. It's throwball. We're catering everything to our ever-decreasing attention spans. Can you imagine winning a Super Bowl like the Dolphins did, with their quarterback attempting seven passes? Not completing; attempting. And I'm as guilty as anyone. If the computer in the family room isn't on sleep, I don't have the time or patience to boot the thing. I'll just look at my phone.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (2/05/2018 2:22 pm)

2/05/2018 3:27 pm  #141

artie_fufkin wrote:

Agree with AP. Entertaining is the best description. Not to sound like the cranky old man who tells those darn kids to get offa his lawn, but what I watched yesterday isn't football. It's throwball. We're catering everything to our ever-decreasing attention spans. Can you imagine winning a Super Bowl like the Dolphins did, with their quarterback attempting seven passes? Not completing; attempting. And I'm as guilty as anyone. If the computer in the family room isn't on sleep, I don't have the time or patience to boot the thing. I'll just look at my phone.

As someone who had ample opportunity to watch a Jeff Fisher coached team, you can keep that style of football. 

2/05/2018 3:50 pm  #142

artie_fufkin wrote:

Patriots have had a shitty defense all year but the Eagles had been stellar.  I dont understand how all that went out the window last night. 

On a seperate note the 30 for 30 on bill parcejls and bill bellichick was really good, and i dont like either of them.

2/06/2018 8:43 am  #143

My five favorite sports days of the year:

1.) Opening day for the Cardinals
2.) ASU/UofA football game
3.) The day the Patriots are eliminated from the post-season
4.) The day the Patriots are eliminated from the post-season +1
5.) The day the Patriots are eliminated from the post-season +2

You can maybe even flip 4 and 5. The day after is filled with stunned silence and their bandwagon, know-nothing fans swallowing their arrogance. The day after the day after is when the anger starts flowing like vodka at a Russian wedding. And it ends about the same. The nitwits on WEEI this morning were talking about whether Belichick ought to be fired for benching Malcolm Butler.

2/06/2018 8:47 am  #144

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

As someone who had ample opportunity to watch a Jeff Fisher coached team, you can keep that style of football. 

This nonsense where 3rd-and-2 is a throwing down isn't for me. Maybe it's one of the reasons I don't follow the league that closely anymore.

2/06/2018 8:51 am  #145

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Patriots have had a shitty defense all year but the Eagles had been stellar. I dont understand how all that went out the window last night.

On a seperate note the 30 for 30 on bill parcejls and bill bellichick was really good, and i dont like either of them.

Even though I never liked any of the teams Parcells coached, I like him. He has charisma, even though he looked like an old man in that documentary. There's nothing about Belichick's personality that I find interesting.

2/06/2018 9:01 am  #146

Throwball is a good way to describe it without getting offensive to any remaining fans I guess. I miss hitting too much to get into today's NFL. Now the plays I miss are penalties and ejections....

2/06/2018 10:48 am  #147

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Patriots have had a shitty defense all year but the Eagles had been stellar. I dont understand how all that went out the window last night.

Even though I never liked any of the teams Parcells coached, I like him. He has charisma, even though he looked like an old man in that documentary. There's nothing about Belichick's personality that I find interesting.

I didnt know alot of the stuff in that documentary.  I dont follow nfl, follow afl even less.  The giants time frame was before i was watching and paying any sort of attention.  It was interesting.  Espn does a good job on these things.  They make subjects i have little to no interest in watchable for a hour and a half or whatever length they are.

2/06/2018 11:11 am  #148

alz wrote:

Throwball is a good way to describe it without getting offensive to any remaining fans I guess. I miss hitting too much to get into today's NFL. Now the plays I miss are penalties and ejections....

No penalty on this hit

2/06/2018 12:30 pm  #149

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

I didnt know alot of the stuff in that documentary. I dont follow nfl, follow afl even less. The giants time frame was before i was watching and paying any sort of attention. It was interesting. Espn does a good job on these things. They make subjects i have little to no interest in watchable for a hour and a half or whatever length they are.

I still think the best episode was the one about the 1983 NFL draft, partly because it confirms the theory the NFL had begun its full-scale jihad against the Raiders. And it is the best thing about ESPN. Good grief, if I watch more one promo for Oklahoma basketball and Trae Young, I'm going to throw a size 12 snowboot through a window.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (2/07/2018 10:51 am)

2/07/2018 10:50 am  #150

Now McDaniels back out of his commitment to the Colts, leaving the assistants he's already hired high and dry. What a jerk.

Board footera