You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/30/2014 2:37 pm  #1

Sorry Artie

I didn't have a full appreciation for how far the Raiders had fallen until today.

12/01/2014 9:51 am  #2

Re: Sorry Artie

Leave it to the Rams to spoil a great win, by jumping in and shitting all over the police in the pre-game. 

Here's a hint guys, those same offended police are working Sunday's to keep you safe from fans, and your cars safe from vandals. I don't mean in general, I mean they are specifically working for you WHEN you give them the "FU Cops" symbol, which is what that Hands up thing has morphed into. 

I can't wait until these clowns leave town. 

12/01/2014 10:58 am  #3

"Hands up" is less about police and more about the dissatisfaction with the grand jury decision.

12/01/2014 12:26 pm  #4

Tell that to the cops tk, they pretty much take it as a rather personal "Fuck you" at this point.

12/01/2014 12:40 pm  #5

That's their problem. This is still America and people are allowed to protest or be upset with decisions like this.

12/01/2014 12:44 pm  #7

tkihshbt wrote:

That's their problem. This is still America and people are allowed to protest or be upset with decisions like this.

And the police officers are entitled to tell the Rams organization to go fuck themselves when they ask the police department to provide off-duty cops to handle security.  That isn't a fight the Rams want to pick.

12/01/2014 12:46 pm  #8

forsberg_us wrote:

tkihshbt wrote:

And the police officers are entitled to tell the Rams organization to go fuck themselves when they ask the police department to provide off-duty cops to handle security.  That isn't a fight the Rams want to pick.

Yeah, this wasn't just a twitter post. The Rams lean on the police to protect their millionaire sport players. Keeping rowdy fans off them, so they can wow us with their 4 win season. This was actually in their face, with officers standing no more than 25 feet away guarding their tunnel, keeping them safe. 

You seem to really dislike police TK, is there a reason for this that I've just never heard about?

12/01/2014 1:01 pm  #9

forsberg_us wrote:

tkihshbt wrote:

Yes, they do have that right, but I would put the chances of police officers rejecting the Rams' offer to provide security at near zero. 

12/01/2014 1:07 pm  #10

alz wrote:

You seem to really dislike police TK, is there a reason for this that I've just never heard about?

Oh fer crying out loud...

What have I said that would give off the impression that I dislike police? I said that if police can't handle being criticized, that's their problem. I would say the same thing to Jared Cook if he was complaining about being criticized. This whole thing would've been a minor footnote had Jeff Roorda not puffed up his chest and acted like they're going to bully around an NFL franchise and the NFL itself. I mean, what's the endgame here -- a bunch of police officers boycotting the NFL? They can get in line with everyone else that's boycotting the league while it somehow makes $15 billion.

12/01/2014 1:28 pm  #11

tkihshbt wrote:

alz wrote:

Oh fer crying out loud...

What have I said that would give off the impression that I dislike police? I said that if police can't handle being criticized, that's their problem. I would say the same thing to Jared Cook if he was complaining about being criticized. This whole thing would've been a minor footnote had Jeff Roorda not puffed up his chest and acted like they're going to bully around an NFL franchise and the NFL itself. I mean, what's the endgame here -- a bunch of police officers boycotting the NFL? They can get in line with everyone else that's boycotting the league while it somehow makes $15 billion.

I just find that a bit fascinating because of the Brown discussion. Had he just been a big boy, not puffed out his chest, cussed out and assaulted the officer, he'd be alive today. Yet in that case, you seem to lean the other direction saying that police should be above and beyond other people's reaction. Yet if they react, you tell them to suck it up and be above it. ????

The only thing that seems to be constant with your arguments is that the police are wrong! So I asked

12/01/2014 2:00 pm  #12

Of course police have to be above that. We entrust them to protect our lives and our property. We count on them to keep order and bring justice. It's pretty much in the job description that you have to eat shit from the public. We expect them to act in a stand-up matter and keep cool at all times because otherwise, there would be no trust between law enforcement and the citizens and it would be dangerous.

Reading Roorda's statement, basically what he's asking for is for the Rams players to be disciplined for a thought crime. I think I'd be more on board with the content if he just said that he disagrees with what the players did and end it there.

12/01/2014 2:20 pm  #13

tkihshbt wrote:

Of course police have to be above that. We entrust them to protect our lives and our property. We count on them to keep order and bring justice. It's pretty much in the job description that you have to eat shit from the public. We expect them to act in a stand-up matter and keep cool at all times because otherwise, there would be no trust between law enforcement and the citizens and it would be dangerous.

Reading Roorda's statement, basically what he's asking for is for the Rams players to be disciplined for a thought crime. I think I'd be more on board with the content if he just said that he disagrees with what the players did and end it there.

Two points. While wearing the uniform of your employer, you'll find you have no "freedom of expression" while you represent your job. In the NFL this is especially true, since they signed off on a conduct policy which means they can't bring the league into disrepute with what they do, criminal or not. 

Since I'm hearing season ticket holders pointing to this episode and telling the Rams offices they won't be back because of this, I'd expect something to occur.

12/01/2014 2:25 pm  #14

My thoughts on this.  I dont like the letter.  It is dumb.  They should just stay out of it.  Cops might stop taking rams security jobs for awhile but i bet they make a wad of cash doing it.  Everyone likes money. 

As an nfl fan i dont think players should be able to do this.  They cant even celebrate or wear the shoes they want to.  Why? Because your first admendment rights dont matter to your employier.  My personal opinion is the nfl shouldnt allow their game to be mùddled by people wishing to voice their opinion.  Take it to a talk show if you want that.  What if a group of white football players did the same thing in support of wilson?  Is there really a point to it all.  Let sports be sports.

12/01/2014 2:27 pm  #15

AP, according to the story, cops were working with the Rams all week to facilitate an environment of safety for the players and fans. 12 hour shifts to ensure everything was as safe as possible. Nothing about it being a moonlighting gig (like guarding the player parking lots is). Fors might know better, but it sounds like the Rams are allowed to use the St. Louis Police Department for free security. If that's the case, this is a seriously stupid move to pull. 

I sent them an email saying I would not watch them in person or on television, nor buy merchandise until there was a very heartfelt apology given to the shields over this. The fact that I don't like the Rams, and don't watch professional football anymore wasn't brought up.

Last edited by alz (12/01/2014 2:28 pm)

12/01/2014 2:52 pm  #16

Well you are free to do that and as you can guess i hope you email is one of many.  Thats a personal opinion tho.  I also dont think the players should answer to anyone but there boss for their actions.  If there bosses think they are out of line they will be corrected.  As a fan you have a stake in the debate.  Me, on the other hand, root for an entirely different, equally shitty, football team.

12/01/2014 4:03 pm  #17

APIAD wrote:

Well you are free to do that and as you can guess i hope you email is one of many. Thats a personal opinion tho. I also dont think the players should answer to anyone but there boss for their actions. If there bosses think they are out of line they will be corrected. As a fan you have a stake in the debate. Me, on the other hand, root for an entirely different, equally shitty, football team.

It's cool. I'm just predicting something to come back from the Rams and NFL addressing it. I promise you they want no part in taking sides in the mess that is Ferguson, and would like to just play football without that drama.

12/01/2014 10:14 pm  #18

forsberg_us wrote:

I didn't have a full appreciation for how far the Raiders had fallen until today.

It's really a sad fucking state of affairs. I read tonight they're one of three teams Los Angeles is trying to lure (the Rams and the Chargers being the other two). Really, who would want them? They have maybe 4-5 guys who are decent - Mack, Moore, Jackson, and the free agent left tackle whose name I can't remember. The tight end is playing pretty well. His sister is a TV star who shows up to the games in her underwear, so I'd keep him anyway. Woodson is still OK for a 50-year-old guy and D.J. Hayden has played well when he's been healthy, but that's been for about a half-dozen games in almost two season now. Latavius Murray played well against Kansas City, but he spends most his time hurt, too. 
The owner is clueless, the general manager is even cluelesser and Sparano - who I've always liked - is pretty much a place-holder who won't be back next year. And who can blame him?

Board footera