You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2015 5:38 pm  #1

NFL Draft

Let's see how the Raiders mess it up this year,
My guess is they'll go off the board and pick a kid from the Marshall Islands who they timed at 3.85 in the 40 in a private workout, but hasn't actually played football because he's affiliated with a religious sect that denounces any form of violence.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (4/30/2015 5:38 pm)

4/30/2015 7:23 pm  #2

Re: NFL Draft

artie_fufkin wrote:

My guess is they'll go off the board and pick a kid from the Marshall Islands who they timed at 3.85 in the 40 in a private workout, but hasn't actually played football because he's affiliated with a religious sect that denounces any form of violence.

You can teach a guy to play football. You can't teach that speed

4/30/2015 7:49 pm  #3

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

You can teach a guy to play football. You can't teach that speed

Rec.
Love the Raiders' pick - a player with a 3-year track record playing in a prestigious program in the toughest conference in the country. And not a hint of character issues. It's so un-Raiders'-like.

4/30/2015 7:51 pm  #4

The Jets are going to regret their choice.

4/30/2015 8:16 pm  #5

Gruden just said the Rams haven't had a Pro Bowl caliber running back since Jerome Bettis. Didn't that Faulk guy play for the Rams?

4/30/2015 8:35 pm  #6

artie_fufkin wrote:

Gruden just said the Rams haven't had a Pro Bowl caliber running back since Jerome Bettis. Didn't that Faulk guy play for the Rams?

Faulk works for the NFL Network. He doesn't exist any more.

5/01/2015 8:13 am  #7

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Some observations:
Six defensive players from the offense-only Pac 12 were picked in the first round. Hmmm ...
Nice to see the Chiefs and the Broncos take players with character issues. And the Broncos moved up.
I have a feeling Melvin Gordon is going to haunt the Raiders for a long, long time.
My draft viewing habits can be described thusly: I watch the NFL Network until Deion Sanders appears on camera. Then I switch to ESPN until all the shouting starts to overwhelm me, and then I switch back to NFLN.

5/01/2015 9:24 am  #8

My feelings on the Rams taking Gurley are very mixed.  On one hand, Gurley has a chance to be a very good running back.  On the other, he isn't likely to play a game in St. Louis until the Rams are already eliminated from the 2015 playoffs, and the team isn't likely to be here in 2016 when he's fully healthy.

I know it wasn't intended that way, but it just felt like a big f*** you to the fans.  "Here's the last #1 pick during our time in St. Louis.  Too bad you won't get to see him play."

5/01/2015 10:25 am  #9

forsberg_us wrote:

My feelings on the Rams taking Gurley are very mixed.  On one hand, Gurley has a chance to be a very good running back.  On the other, he isn't likely to play a game in St. Louis until the Rams are already eliminated from the 2015 playoffs, and the team isn't likely to be here in 2016 when he's fully healthy.

I know it wasn't intended that way, but it just felt like a big f*** you to the fans.  "Here's the last #1 pick during our time in St. Louis.  Too bad you won't get to see him play."

I have no particular insight other than what I've read and seen on TV, but I think if two teams end up in Los Angeles, they're going to be the Raiders and the Chargers. Goodell has indicated the top priority for any re-location is to upgrade facilities. The Raiders have the worst stadium in the league. The Chargers' facility is aging, and other than being right off a highway, it's not in a particularly good location. The problem isn't as acute for the Rams. Kroencke may end up eventually moving the Rams to another city, but I don't think he's going to wind up in L.A. Maybe that'll be the team that ends up in London. He already owns a 60,000-seat stadium there that's only 10 years old.

5/01/2015 11:13 am  #10

I'm confused by the Raiders not screwing up their picks as of late. Is someone competent in charge?

Gurley is a beast and I'm not concerned about the ACL. I'm concerned that the Rams have two linemen right now.

5/01/2015 3:20 pm  #11

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Um ... Steven Jackson was a Pro Bowl caliber running back I think. Considering he went to .... 2 of them?

Last edited by alz (5/01/2015 3:21 pm)

5/01/2015 5:44 pm  #12

"I'm confused by the Raiders not screwing up their picks as of late. Is someone competent in charge?"

I'm still not sold on Reggie. As good as his draft was last year, his free agent acquisitions were terrible. And he really didn't do much to distinguish himself in free agency this year.

Board footera