You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/08/2010 8:59 pm  #26

Re: Obama-McConnell Tax Cuts

"If you and I swapped places, I wonder who would suffer from the most culture shock?"

When we travel, I have to remind myself not to be a Masshole. The only place I've found outside of the Northeast where people are ruder, believe it or not, is Barcelona. Adult men will push old women and young children out of the way to get a better spot on a subway car.

12/08/2010 9:35 pm  #27

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

For $220K you could probably build the exact same home I'm living in on the vacant lot next to ours.

Would you really want me as a neighbor, though?

I would because then you'd be living right next to about the largest Baptist Church in the U.S.  I don't know if the eclipsed the one in Dallas or not.

Or you could have been my neighbor where I lived for 22 years before moving further out.  Then you would have been only about 50 yards from perhaps the most hard core Orthodox Synagogue in the country.

Somehow I think you would be warmly received at either location.

12/08/2010 10:08 pm  #28

Mags wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

For $220K you could probably build the exact same home I'm living in on the vacant lot next to ours.

Would you really want me as a neighbor, though?

I would because then you'd be living right next to about the largest Baptist Church in the U.S.  I don't know if the eclipsed the one in Dallas or not.

Or you could have been my neighbor where I lived for 22 years before moving further out.  Then you would have been only about 50 yards from perhaps the most hard core Orthodox Synagogue in the country.

Somehow I think you would be warmly received at either location.

I'd win over the Jews by inviting them over for a pig roast.

12/09/2010 12:24 am  #29

forsberg_us wrote:

For $220K you could probably build the exact same home I'm living in on the vacant lot next to ours.  Sadly, we didn't pay $220 when we built our house 3 years ago.   

For $220,000 you could build the biggest house in town.  Fuck the city.

Last edited by APRTW (12/09/2010 12:42 am)

12/09/2010 12:27 am  #30

"If you and I swapped places, I wonder who would suffer from the most culture shock?"

I live in a village of 300 because I didnt want to live in a town of 3,000.  If I had my way I would live on 40 acers by myself.

12/09/2010 12:38 am  #31

I was laidoff for 5 months this year.  In which time a took another job, worked a part time job, did odd jobs under the table and found another part time job.  I drew unemployment for 4 weeks during that time.  I didnt work the last 2 weeks of my "layoff" period because I knew I had my old job waiting for me.  During those 2 weeks I cleared $200 more then what I was clearing when I got laidoff.  Plus I work one of my part time jobs during those 2 weeks but didnt make enough to effect my unemployment, clearing another $200.  During that two week span I made $400 more then when I was working full time by drawing unemployment and work part time.  To me that is alot of money.  If I was smart I would have done that over the whole 5 months and I would have made $4,000 more then if I would have not been laidoff.  So yeah the system has issues.  I should have taken advantage of those issues I guess but it didnt feel right.

12/09/2010 12:42 am  #32

I have a question that I doubt anyone knows.  When I went through the unemployment deal it said I had $10,000 to draw.  I assume that is what my employer and myself has paid in over the years.  What happens to that balance?

12/09/2010 1:04 am  #33

APRTW wrote:

I have a question that I doubt anyone knows.  When I went through the unemployment deal it said I had $10,000 to draw.  I assume that is what my employer and myself has paid in over the years.  What happens to that balance?

Oh, that's easy.  You go to whitehouse.gov and click the button that says, "I Luv Obamacare".  Then you go to the drop down menu that says "I voted for Obama because . . . " and you select "he gives me free stuff."  That brings you to a secret site where you supply them with personal information and a password that allows them to do your eVoting for you, and they'll send you a check for the balance.  I saw it all on Glenn Beck.  Apparently it's part of their scheme to let illegal Hispanics take over the country so that we can enact Obama's covert Muslim agenda to bring about a Hitler style fascist state.

[Yes, I've been at that $2.97 Walmart wine in the easy to consume, single serving, 750 mL bottles]

12/09/2010 2:05 am  #34

Max wrote:

APRTW wrote:

Oh, that's easy.  You go to whitehouse.gov and click the button that says, "I Luv Obamacare".  Then you go to the drop down menu that says "I voted for Obama because . . . " and you select "he gives me free stuff."  That brings you to a secret site where you supply them with personal information and a password that allows them to do your eVoting for you, and they'll send you a check for the balance.  I saw it all on Glenn Beck.  Apparently it's part of their scheme to let illegal Hispanics take over the country so that we can enact Obama's covert Muslim agenda to bring about a Hitler style fascist state.

[Yes, I've been at that $2.97 Walmart wine in the easy to consume, single serving, 750 mL bottles]

This post will piss a few people off, but I laughed pretty hard at it.

12/09/2010 9:07 am  #35

Max wrote:

APRTW wrote:

Five stars from me, though I think you overpaid for the wine.

12/09/2010 10:01 am  #36

tkihshbt wrote:

Max wrote:

APRTW wrote:

This post will piss a few people off, but I laughed pretty hard at it.

Not to worry Tk, that was pretty funny.

12/09/2010 10:04 am  #37

APRTW wrote:

Albert, although the state can tell you the amount you can draw, I don't believe individual employees have their own accounts.  The employer has an "account" which is part of the state's larger pool.  The employer's account is used to pay any of its employees who draw unemployment.

Any balance (say if a business closes) stays with the state and gets dumped into the fund.

12/09/2010 10:53 am  #38

artie_fufkin wrote:

Max wrote:

APRTW wrote:

FWIW, it wasn't only the wine that inspired me:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Answer-Man-Luke-Scott-talks-Nugent-hunting-and?urn=mlb-292970

12/09/2010 11:11 am  #39

Max wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Max wrote:

FWIW, it wasn't only the wine that inspired me:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Answer-Man-Luke-Scott-talks-Nugent-hunting-and?urn=mlb-292970

I read this nonsense yesterday and opted not to reference it here. All I'll say is there is now enough evidence to lead me to unequivocally state forever after that no one should look at entertainers or athletes as role models. And I'm talking about everyone from Sean Penn to this hammerhead.

12/09/2010 11:12 am  #40

I seen that yesterday and laughed pretty hard. Here's a couple of my favorites:

I'm a big fan of Ted Nugent because he's a "keep it real" type of guy. He respects wildlife, he loves to hunt. I look at Ted Nugent and ... he's an American. He has the core beliefs of what it means to be an American in his heart. He lives by those beliefs and those principles. It's the same beliefs that our forefathers, who fought for our country, have. I'd be real interested in meeting him one day.

Obama ... hmm ... Obama does not represent America. Nor does he represent anything what our forefathers stood for. This country is basically built on an attitude. It's a way of life. It's not because you're born here. It's not that you're supposed to take from those who have and give to those who haven't. That kills a country. It killed Russia.
I have friends of mine who are in the ministry who [work] in churches in Russia. If they can describe [the country] in one [phrase], it's "messed up beyond repair."

Luke Scott's understanding of what it means to be as American is about as accurate as his understanding of why the Soviet Union collapsed.

BTW, our forefathers also stood for slavery, killing Indians and (in Ben Franklin's case) boning prostitutes.

12/09/2010 11:16 am  #41

tkihshbt wrote:

I seen that yesterday and laughed pretty hard. Here's a couple of my favorites:

I'm a big fan of Ted Nugent because he's a "keep it real" type of guy. He respects wildlife, he loves to hunt. I look at Ted Nugent and ... he's an American. He has the core beliefs of what it means to be an American in his heart. He lives by those beliefs and those principles. It's the same beliefs that our forefathers, who fought for our country, have. I'd be real interested in meeting him one day.

Obama ... hmm ... Obama does not represent America. Nor does he represent anything what our forefathers stood for. This country is basically built on an attitude. It's a way of life. It's not because you're born here. It's not that you're supposed to take from those who have and give to those who haven't. That kills a country. It killed Russia.
I have friends of mine who are in the ministry who [work] in churches in Russia. If they can describe [the country] in one [phrase], it's "messed up beyond repair."

Luke Scott's understanding of what it means to be as American is about as accurate as his understanding of why the Soviet Union collapsed.

BTW, our forefathers also stood for slavery, killing Indians and (in Ben Franklin's case) boning prostitutes.

Ted Nugent also believes the Second Amendment is an ample substitute for a license to carry a firearm.

12/09/2010 11:24 am  #42

tkihshbt wrote:

I seen that yesterday and laughed pretty hard. Here's a couple of my favorites

well that was just it.  it's hard to get really upset when a guy is so comically an unintentional jackass.  i was laughing my ass off reading that, and then I must have been thinking about it, because all i did was channel luke scott to answer ap's question.

12/09/2010 11:27 am  #43

The best part of that interview is how, after listening to probably a two-minute ramble on Obama responds with:

"So, what sort of slugging percentage you hoping for this season?"

Classic

I did find the reference to Berkman as a "real American" or whatever he said to be interesting.  Maybe Tony can take someone other than Albert to the next Beck rally.

12/09/2010 11:47 am  #44

"The best part of that interview is how, after listening to probably a two-minute ramble on Obama responds with:

That's called a "segue," a journalism technique with which you're probably unfamiliar.

12/09/2010 12:31 pm  #45

forsberg_us wrote:

I did find the reference to Berkman as a "real American" or whatever he said to be interesting.  Maybe Tony can take someone other than Albert to the next Beck rally.

Bingo.  Made me put an asterisk next to all those "Berkman is a great guy" opinions.  Not that Berkman should be tarred with that lunatics brush, but it made me wonder.

12/09/2010 12:40 pm  #46

artie_fufkin wrote:

"The best part of that interview is how, after listening to probably a two-minute ramble on Obama responds with:

That's called a "segue," a journalism technique with which you're probably unfamiliar.

A "segue"?

Isn't that one of those 2-wheeled things I see people riding around downtown on those stupid tours?

12/09/2010 1:17 pm  #47

artie_fufkin wrote:

I thought a segue was supposed to be a link between two unrelated topics?

12/09/2010 1:44 pm  #48

tkihshbt wrote:

Arthur Laugher says that a two-year federal tax holiday would bring us two percent unemployment.

I had to google Arthur Laugher.  I found this, "The term "Laffer curve" was coined by Jude Wanniski, who was also present. The basic concept was not new; Laffer himself says he learned it from Ibn Khaldun and John Maynard Keynes."

If that isn't proof that Keynesian liberals have a covert Muslim agenda, then I don't know what will wake America up to that fact.

12/09/2010 2:37 pm  #49

The Orioles were rather succinct with their response:

“Luke Scott's comments do not reflect the opinion of the Baltimore Orioles organization. The fact is that Barack Obama is our President, duly elected by the people of the United States. End of story.â€

Peter Angelos has always been a pinko, though. "Class action" is just a euphemism for Communism.

12/09/2010 2:39 pm  #50

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

A "segue"?

Isn't that one of those 2-wheeled things I see people riding around downtown on those stupid tours?

The judges would have also accepted "dorks" instead of "people."

Board footera