You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/11/2015 9:55 am  #1

NFL Season Chatter

Well after a preseason of giving up a field goal with the starting defense out there, and a QB who threw 82% completions.... I'm becoming cautiously optimistic about Miami. Suh creates a lot of opportunities for other good players who are no longer drawing double teams, which is leading to a pretty solid defense. 

I've been too long outside in the rain and cold hoping Miami would stop SUCKING DONKEY BALLS, so I'm not quite ready to be a believer yet, but I'm more optimistic than I've been in a decade so that's something.

9/21/2015 2:57 pm  #2

Re: NFL Season Chatter

The optimism is gone. 

That didn't take long.

10/05/2015 11:39 am  #3

My optimism is still gone, but optimism for a better tomorrow took a step in the right direction when the Dolphins fired Joe Philbin. Nothing against the guy, but he didn't seem to get much out of his players. The defensive line makes HUGE money and is nowhere to be seen.

10/26/2015 1:52 pm  #4

Optimism returning..... 

10/26/2015 8:14 pm  #5

It's a shame the Rams are likely gone after this year. Todd Gurley's going to have a helluva career if he can stay healthy.

11/11/2015 11:18 am  #6

11/11/2015 1:54 pm  #7

In his defense, I would have never dreamed of this.... Seriously what the fuck??

In Pennsylvania, taunting a police dog is considered a third-degree felony, which carries a maximum penalty of seven years in prison and a $15,000 fine.

11/11/2015 3:43 pm  #8

OK, I can see if a police dog is involved in a serious incident and someone attempts to taunt the dog.  That will not only distract the dog, but also its handler who now has to calm the dog down.

But this an NFL football player who, jacked up on adrenaline decided to lift his shirt and bark at the dog.  Was the dog upset that Ray Ray has better abs? Hopefully common sense prevails.

11/30/2015 7:19 am  #9

Patriots fans crying about bad officiating is my favorite thing about the NFL

11/30/2015 7:55 am  #10

forsberg_us wrote:

OK, I can see if a police dog is involved in a serious incident and someone attempts to taunt the dog.  That will not only distract the dog, but also its handler who now has to calm the dog down.

But this an NFL football player who, jacked up on adrenaline decided to lift his shirt and bark at the dog.  Was the dog upset that Ray Ray has better abs? Hopefully common sense prevails.

I wonder why the dog had to be taken out of service?   Thats wierd.  My advise would be not to taunt an animal that is trained to bite people.  I wouldn't call what ray ray (lol) did as criminal but it qualifys as stupid.

11/30/2015 8:38 am  #11

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

I wonder why the dog had to be taken out of service? Thats wierd. My advise would be not to taunt an animal that is trained to bite people. I wouldn't call what ray ray (lol) did as criminal but it qualifys as stupid.

Ray Ray got cut last week. So the dog had the last laugh.

11/30/2015 8:56 am  #12

tkihshbt wrote:

Patriots fans crying about bad officiating is my favorite thing about the NFL

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/officiating-spotlight-after-patriots-broncos?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

11/30/2015 9:47 am  #13

The other part of their narrative is injuries, especially to the tight end that I'm not sure has ever played a full season, going back to college. 
I'd ask the Patriots and their fans who are whining about injuries which team played last night's game without its Hall of Fame quarterback.
And didn't the Packers end up with something like 17 players on injured reserve the last time they won a Super Bowl?

11/30/2015 11:45 am  #14

Representing the Athens of America:

Too many injuries on Pats WR core as well as Collins and Hightower out with injuries and the Bronco's needed OT and questionable ref calls.

I have never seen a year when the officials have been so bad. From the bad call on Gronk for P.I., to the phantom holding call in the end zone which totally saved the night for Denver. And I'm not going to even go into the sloppy "Excess timeout" call that had kept the clock running. More and more this year, with each passing week, the officiating has gotten worse. 

Just think of it this way the patriots have a patch worked o o-line, two healthy receivers, star running back is out, star TE is out and they still managed to make overtime against the one of the best defense in the league. Just wait until they get some guys back from injuries!

Goodell's weasels officiating the game were so one sided in penalty calling and that is ultimatley what decided the game; especially at crucial times stopping Patriot drives. Remember who pays these officials and who their boss is. Goodell the weasel who has the integrity of a skunk and he definitely would encourage his officials to call a game which could most likely cost he Pats a win and the season is not over. Expect more horrendous officiating by the weasel's employees.

Tainted victory for the Broncos. They had to go into overtime to beat a team running on three cylinders withLewis, Edelman, Amendola, and Collins all out with injuries.. Otherwise, the Patriots would have given Osweiler a wake up call.

Commish Godell: If you're any kind of commissioner at all, you'll call for a do-over of these games. If that means the season gets extended, and Super Bowl 50 has to take place later than planned, then go for it.

I'd like to thank the referees for a hard fought and well-deserved win over the Patriots.

horrible officiating and cutting out the legs on a tight end that make Shannon Sharpe run to his twitter like a 10 year old girl. #$%$ the Broncos and can't wait for the playoffs to beat the living #$%$ out of your team. You pathetic Denver fans want to bring up that Pat fans only whine an cheat. Oh yeah I forgot your team won with Sharpe do to greasing up their lineman and cheating on the salary cap. #$%$ dirty #$%$ team. Hope your team gave the refs a reach around for the #$%$ist on that win.

Questionable calls Patriots had key players out and the lost of Stephen Gostkowski during the game may have helped the Broncos a bit.

It appears that Rodger reached to the bottom of his referee barrel for the refs last night at the Pats/Broncos game. The calls and management of the game by the refs were horrible. The Pats would have won clearly without the last two/three major blown calls by Rodgers worst refs. 

One thing is for sure, you could definitely tell who the ref's were rooting for. Every bad call under the sun was against the Patriots.

Do referees ever get fined for making bad calls?

the officials gave Denver the game. The only thing that would have been better is that if the Pats won and the game with the officials trying to give it to Denver. The last play there was an illegal block and nothing called.

What a shock. Every Pats hater logs on to this article to grab a towel and pop out a quick rage-spank over a rigged game. Whatever quells the fire, I guess.

I don't normally blame wins or losses of refs, but this was just horrible. The Pats had this game almost in the bag not once, but twice, and each time had it taken away by a bad penalty call. I would have been fine with it if the calls were good ones, but they weren't. If I was a Denver fan, this win would feel tainted to me.

Games aren't won by players. Games are won by referees.

Worst officiated game of the year. Patriots can't beat Denver and the refs in the same night.

it sure looked like the league got some revenge on Brady and the Patriots with the worst officiating I have seen in a long time. Message to the league....quit controlling the outcome of games or I will quit supporting your game!

with poor officiating and terrible injuries any given day a poorer team can win.

Well that's how you beat the Patriots. Wait until their top 4 offensive weapons are injured, sprinkle in missing both starting LBs and LT, capitalize on their miscues (Harper's muffed punt) and have some questionable calls go in your favor. 

You seem to forget here, that two major penalties, gave the game to Denver, right, GAVE the game, to Denver. At least write some of the truth in your column, it sucks to not mention it!!

Last edited by artie_fufkin (11/30/2015 12:17 pm)

11/30/2015 2:17 pm  #15

It's pretty unbelievable that the same team gifted a spot in the AFC championship game almost 14 years ago and has had several transgressions overlooked would have fans that believe the league is out to get them. Simmons dedicated his entire podcast to the game last night. I'm tempted to listen just to hear him cry for a good hour.

--------------------------------

Speaking of former Arizona Wildcats, I'm tempted to find out how Chris Duncan is defending Nick Foles today. I believe he's the last Foles fan left.

11/30/2015 3:07 pm  #16

tkihshbt wrote:

It's pretty unbelievable that the same team gifted a spot in the AFC championship game almost 14 years ago and has had several transgressions overlooked would have fans that believe the league is out to get them. Simmons dedicated his entire podcast to the game last night. I'm tempted to listen just to hear him cry for a good hour.

--------------------------------

Speaking of former Arizona Wildcats, I'm tempted to find out how Chris Duncan is defending Nick Foles today. I believe he's the last Foles fan left.

I'm not Jeff Fisher, but I have no idea what he saw in Foles anyway.

Keep in mind that in spite of evidence to support my claim - most notably the events of Jan. 19, 2002 - that the NFL has a long-standing vendetta against the Raiders, Patriots' fans have dismissed/ridiculed the notion.
Now, less than a year after the Patriots are largely exonerated after they're caught DEFLATING THE FUCKING FOOTBALLS BEFORE THE AF-FUCKING-C CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, their fans are convinced the league is out to get them. 

11/30/2015 3:10 pm  #17

"Speaking of former Arizona Wildcats"

Oh, and if you're suggesting Brock Osweiler attended the University of Arizona, I will reach through my computer monitor and strangle you.

11/30/2015 3:46 pm  #18

There's a guy who bowls in our Friday night league. Not on our team, on a different team, but we get to watch him most weeks. 

He putters up to the line, and throws that ball about 9 mph. When that ball doesn't strike, this 75 year old goes into fits. Cursing the oil, the approach, the pin-setter, the ball, his shoes, any noise that could have taken his focus away. You name it. 

It's funny to watch people blame everything around them but themselves. 

Last edited by alz (11/30/2015 3:46 pm)

11/30/2015 3:50 pm  #19

Nah, I'm referring to Gronk.

11/30/2015 11:49 pm  #20

tkihshbt wrote:

Nah, I'm referring to Gronk.

Sorry. The color commentator who worked Saturday's Cal/ASU game must have referred to ASU as "Arizona" at least as half-dozen times. I'm not sure Gronkowski ever lasted long enough in a season to play against ASU, and if he did, I don't recall him doing much damage. I think his brother might have had a good game against the Sun Devils, but I'd have to look it up.

11/30/2015 11:51 pm  #21

alz wrote:

There's a guy who bowls in our Friday night league. Not on our team, on a different team, but we get to watch him most weeks. 

He putters up to the line, and throws that ball about 9 mph. When that ball doesn't strike, this 75 year old goes into fits. Cursing the oil, the approach, the pin-setter, the ball, his shoes, any noise that could have taken his focus away. You name it. 

It's funny to watch people blame everything around them but themselves. 

You bowl with Patriots' fans?
I'd find another league.

12/01/2015 11:28 am  #22

Only a couple, and they are both old dudes. They provide the comic relief for the rest of us. No matter how bad we might be doing, we can always look at them and any personal anger at the pins not falling disappears.

For me? I'm getting much better. Have a 635 and a 649 (this was a personal best ever for me) in two of the last 3 weeks. Considering I'm a 182 average, and those are 210-220 series' I'm definitely improving!

12/02/2015 9:40 am  #23

alz wrote:

Only a couple, and they are both old dudes. They provide the comic relief for the rest of us. No matter how bad we might be doing, we can always look at them and any personal anger at the pins not falling disappears.

For me? I'm getting much better. Have a 635 and a 649 (this was a personal best ever for me) in two of the last 3 weeks. Considering I'm a 182 average, and those are 210-220 series' I'm definitely improving!

I can't remember my best series, but my high game is 255. Real bowling is hard to find around here though. In Eastern Massachusetts, we have this thing called Candlepin Bowling with pins that look like toothpicks and balls that are slightly bigger than tennis balls. It's the most frustrating activity I've ever undertaken, other than trying to raise a teenager.. If you score 100, people look at you like you're the best at it ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfk9KLBtPu4

Last edited by artie_fufkin (12/02/2015 9:41 am)

12/02/2015 10:45 am  #24

Sounds like Belichick was an asshole during a press conference. I don't understand his need to treat reporters like shit.

12/02/2015 12:01 pm  #25

tkihshbt wrote:

Sounds like Belichick was an asshole during a press conference. I don't understand his need to treat reporters like shit.

I love his press conferences after New England loses. He acts like a 4-year-old kid who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.
In his defense just a bit, he took some heat he didn't deserve in Cleveland. But he also deserved some of the heat he got for saying an iconic figure like Bernie Koser was benched due to "diminished skills." It was true, but at the time Belichick didn't have the resume to explain it the way he did.
But christ, that was 20 years ago. Why hold a grudge that long? Of course, the people here don't care, as long as he wins. In Bill We Trust, right? And there aren't many media left here who aren't sycophants anyway. Shaughnessy is ever the contrarian, and Ron Borges will criticize him once in awhile, but the electronic media is long gone. You should hear his weekly Q&A on WEEI. The questions range from "What makes you such a good coach?" to the more probative "What makes Brady the Greatest Quarterback of All-Time?"

Board footera