You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2016 12:06 am  #1

Super Bowl 50

Holy cheap, will Newton ever live down his refusal to go after that fumble?  That was embarrassing.

2/08/2016 7:37 am  #2

Re: Super Bowl 50

Pretty boring game.  I like defense but when the broncos are just admitting defeat on offense and handing the ball back over when the game is on the line it isnt good. 

Im glad mmanning got to end his career that way.  200th win

2/08/2016 9:35 am  #3

I didn't watch a second of Footballmania 50, but it was nice to read that Ken Stabler got into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Would have been better if he got in while he was still alive.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (2/08/2016 9:39 am)

2/08/2016 9:38 am  #4

"Im glad mmanning got to end his career that way."

So, the narrative goes like this: Manning loses his starter's spot in the middle of the season due injuries and poor play, bravely makes it back into the lineup at the end of the season, overcomes media reports of drug use and then leads his team to a win in Footballmania. 
Why, it's almost like it was scripted or something ...

2/08/2016 11:06 am  #5

Felt like the entire game they were trying to line up number coincedences... I understand when there's one right in front of your face, but in the 200th Super Bowl Quarter, Manning secured win #200, and then the whole... Newton account for 50 TDs and here we are in Super Bowl 50. And he also accounted for 50 TD's with Auburn when he led them to a title.... 

I watched because it was the Super Bowl, but I do not regret my decision to stop watching the NFL. Talib caught an "unsportsmanlike" penalty because the WR hit him in the chest after the play, and he had the audacity to say something back??? Von Miller hit Newton on a run and apparently tackling the QB is so unheard of that the Panthers bench had to go nuts and let him know that wasn't cool. I have no idea why they were mad, it was a tackle.... I guess that's the game now though. Pretty boring, way too many turnovers by both sides. Glad Manning won, I still hate Newton for the Auburn/Oregon game, and he's just too damned into himself for me. I prefer the humble gunslingers who keep it low key.... 

Last edited by alz (2/08/2016 11:06 am)

2/08/2016 12:25 pm  #6

Artie, if you didn't see the fumble, it was bad.  Here's the play--watch Newton back away from the ball/pile

2/08/2016 2:01 pm  #7

All part of the plan, I suppose. The only good thing that comes out of this is that Brady's Boyfriends have a harder time making the case that the Object of Their Affection is better than HGH Boy.

2/08/2016 2:05 pm  #8

Artie, to be fair, it's very easy to get lost in the sea of Cam Netwon fumbles that were caused by Von Miller. Unless my calculator is wrong, he caused 2, both were recovered by Denver inside the 10 yard line...

The one above is pretty unflattering for Cam. But the first one was just as devastating, as it was recovered by Denver in the End Zone for a touchdown.

Original post claimed 3 fumbles, but apparently that other one was caused by someone else. Ware?

Last edited by alz (2/08/2016 2:06 pm)

2/08/2016 2:16 pm  #9

alz wrote:

Artie, to be fair, it's very easy to get lost in the sea of Cam Netwon fumbles that were caused by Von Miller. Unless my calculator is wrong, he caused 2, both were recovered by Denver inside the 10 yard line...

The one above is pretty unflattering for Cam. But the first one was just as devastating, as it was recovered by Denver in the End Zone for a touchdown.

Original post claimed 3 fumbles, but apparently that other one was caused by someone else. Ware?

I think Newton only had 2 fumbles. He also threw an interception. And Tolbert also fumbled.

Manning also fumbled on a sack/strip.

2/08/2016 5:57 pm  #10

"Von Miller"

It's funny. The Broncos have what would ordinarily be considered a long history of employing bad characters - a steroid user, a pothead, drunk drivers, a kicker who was a serial drunk driver, a quaterback who stuck his ass in a female trainer's face when he was in college and had HGH shipped to his house under his wife's name, to a general manager who refused to play for the team that drafted him because they weren't up to the standards he set coming off a career 20-23 record in college and then threatened to go play baseball if he wasn't traded, and a head coach who amoing other offenses used to order his offensive linemen to take out the knees of the defensive linemen of other teams.
I suppose when the owner of the team - who twice obliterated the salary cap and not only got away with it but won two Super Bowls because of it, and nearly got away with it another time when he tried to compensate the quarterback with a percentage of the team instead of regular pay - creates a culture of cheating, the employees follow suit.
And it's not just the Broncos, of course. The Patriots have obviously almost perfected the art, and the league has no problem handing out a Super Bowl MVP trophy to an accessory to a double murder.
It seems like the biggest crime you can commit in the NFL is being affiliated with the Oakland Raiders. I read a story a couple of weeks ago about the Los Angeles relocation vote that quoted Bob McNair saying the Raiders got stiffed because "Al Davis used to sue us all the time." Who the fuck is Bob McNair and why is he using a first person pronoun to describe a league his team wasn't admitted to until long after the Raiders had already moved back to Oakland?

Last edited by artie_fufkin (2/08/2016 6:01 pm)

2/08/2016 6:09 pm  #11

Edit: I think the Broncos many years ago also included a kicker who turned out to be a pederast, but I can't find any confirmation. I'll keep checking.

Board footera