You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2016 3:10 am  #1

blues vs blackhawks

I watch game one and found it interesting.  Im going to give this playoff hockey a try.

4/15/2016 6:57 pm  #2

Re: blues vs blackhawks

The advantage to being a Bruins' fan is for the last two years you haven't had to endure the stress of the playoffs.

4/15/2016 10:06 pm  #3

Why are the seats in Anaheim blinking?

4/18/2016 10:17 am  #4

I've been posting very little on this. mostly because I'm the only hockey fan left in here. 

However, I'm holding my breath. This team looks real. Very difficult to rattle. Chicago nipped us in Game 2 with a collection of calls (valid calls, but still unlucky) that all went against us in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period.

If The Blues can win tomorrow, it's huge. I'm just praying like every other abused Blues fan. Until we've won 4, we are still in the first round, and our history is approaching awful there.

4/18/2016 11:30 am  #5

I've been watching hockey when the Cardinals aren't on. The St. Louis/Chicago series has probably been the most exciting of the first round series, at least so far. It seems like all the games in the Western Conference are close.
I still think it's Washington's year, though. Unless Holtby falls down the stairs.

4/18/2016 11:51 am  #6

It's the Central Division. Aside from Minnesota having a rough time at the end of the year and sliding in (to draw the Dallas Stars no less), the Central teams are all very tough. Nashville is beating the shit out of the Western first place Anaheim team to highlight my point. 

If St. Louis can survive Chicago, they'll go up against Dallas, and based on head to head results, I like our chances there.. They had more Reg/OT wins and finished 2 points higher, but head to head, we beat their asses.

4/18/2016 2:28 pm  #7

So if Western Conference champ Dallas wins, its reward is playing either the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference while San Jose, the 6th best team in the conference could play a wild card team.

Only the NHL could come up with such a stupid playoff system.

4/18/2016 3:26 pm  #8

I understand what you're saying about not re-seeding, but I wouldn't count out the Kings yet. Quick is too good, and as frustrating as it is being a Blues fan in the playoffs, it's at least equally if not moreso being a Sharks fan.
On paper, the Bruins trading away Jumbo Joe looks like their worst deal ever, but one of the reasons was because he supposedly cared more about his stats than winning. Of course, the Bruins have bad-mouthed every good player they've ever had - even Ray Bourque and Bobby Orr - so the noise gets deafening, but they may have been right about Thornton.

4/18/2016 4:35 pm  #9

In fairness to the NHL, it's playoff system is no more stupid than the system in MLB that had the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the NL playing a 1 game play-in game for the right to play the best team in the NL in the LDS

4/20/2016 8:53 am  #10

It's still not over, there's another game we need to win. 

BUT GODDAMN WE TOOK 2 IN CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!

Okay let's all calm down, and get that last one.

4/20/2016 8:53 am  #11

What a colossal meltdown last night by the Hawks' Andrew Shaw.  He takes an idiotic penalty after the whistle with 2:04 left and his team down a goal.  Then he goes full-blown crazy, calls the referee a "fucking faggot"

https://twitter.com/HallErik/status/722646586749227009

Then he gives the officials a double middle finger on his way to the penalty box

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/722643306908422144

Then he calls the referee a "fucking faggot" again.

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/722647439828783104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Inexplicably, the officials didn't give him anything other than the initial 2 minute penalty and, predictably, when he returned to the ice he started a brawl at the final horn.

I have a feeling Mr. Shaw will be hearing from the NHL office today or tomorrow.

Last edited by forsberg_us (4/20/2016 8:56 am)

4/20/2016 9:12 am  #12

It was neck-and-neck for whether Shaw or Toews is the bigger asshole, until Shaw pulled away with his childlike nonsense in the last two minutes last night. 

4/20/2016 10:00 am  #13

artie_fufkin wrote:

It was neck-and-neck for whether Shaw or Toews is the bigger asshole, until Shaw pulled away with his childlike nonsense in the last two minutes last night. 

Up until the last 2 minutes, Crawford had to be in the mix also.  I'm still waiting for a logical explanation for how St. Louis ended up shorthanded when Crawford attacked Fabbri.

4/20/2016 10:34 am  #14

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Up until the last 2 minutes, Crawford had to be in the mix also.  I'm still waiting for a logical explanation for how St. Louis ended up shorthanded when Crawford attacked Fabbri.

My best guess on this, and no referee would ever admit this, but it's my feeling.

The Hawks got jobbed out of a clear goal because the initial shot sat on the goal line. Elliott made a move to cover it, but ended up feeding it right back to the shooter who was roofing it for a goal when the ref was blowing the play dead. 

I'm guessing that power play was some type of a "makeup" call. 

However, all that aside, Chicago is clearly losing their minds right now. The Blues have lost 2 goals to very close offsides calls, been on the receiving end of the referees for a lot of this series, and have still won 3 out of 4. In game 2, EVERY call in the last end of the 3rd period went Chicago's way, and they nailed a bankshot empty netter and still only won by 1. 

The Blues giving up that PP goal on the Crawford brawl, regrouping, coming back, and winning anyway was just a huge "We are not Blues teams from the past" statement. 

Shaw will likely get a suspension for the double birds, I can't see the league not slapping his hand for that.... 

4/20/2016 10:48 am  #15

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

It was ridiculous. Crawford precipitated the whole thing when he overreacted to Fabbri's "interference." The worst scenario for the Blues should have been even strength, and if anything they should have had the power play.

4/20/2016 11:03 am  #16

alz wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

My best guess on this, and no referee would ever admit this, but it's my feeling.

The Hawks got jobbed out of a clear goal because the initial shot sat on the goal line. Elliott made a move to cover it, but ended up feeding it right back to the shooter who was roofing it for a goal when the ref was blowing the play dead. 

I'm guessing that power play was some type of a "makeup" call. 

However, all that aside, Chicago is clearly losing their minds right now. The Blues have lost 2 goals to very close offsides calls, been on the receiving end of the referees for a lot of this series, and have still won 3 out of 4. In game 2, EVERY call in the last end of the 3rd period went Chicago's way, and they nailed a bankshot empty netter and still only won by 1. 

The Blues giving up that PP goal on the Crawford brawl, regrouping, coming back, and winning anyway was just a huge "We are not Blues teams from the past" statement. 

Shaw will likely get a suspension for the double birds, I can't see the league not slapping his hand for that.... 

IMO if Shaw gets suspended it will be for the slur, not the birds.  If the league goes that far, it will want to appease the social justice warriors who are calling for Shaw's head.

4/20/2016 1:17 pm  #17

Wisneiwski (spelling) got 2 games for giving Sean Avery a lewd gesture and lets face it... Avery probably deserved it. 

If Shaw wasn't the focal point of every camera in the building when he let them fly, he might have got a pass.... 

4/20/2016 3:14 pm  #18

forsberg_us wrote:

What a colossal meltdown last night by the Hawks' Andrew Shaw.  He takes an idiotic penalty after the whistle with 2:04 left and his team down a goal.  Then he goes full-blown crazy, calls the referee a "fucking faggot"

Then he gives the officials a double middle finger on his way to the penalty box

Inexplicably, the officials didn't give him anything other than the initial 2 minute penalty and, predictably, when he returned to the ice he started a brawl at the final horn.

I have a feeling Mr. Shaw will be hearing from the NHL office today or tomorrow.

Did you think he started the brawl with .03 seconds left.  It looked to me like a blues player took the opportunity to give him one more shot.  Deservingly so but I didnt take it as shaw starting it.  Maybe I saw it wrong.

4/20/2016 3:53 pm  #19

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

Did you think he started the brawl with .03 seconds left. It looked to me like a blues player took the opportunity to give him one more shot. Deservingly so but I didnt take it as shaw starting it. Maybe I saw it wrong.

You may be right on who started the incident at the end.  There was also a lot of tripping/falling that made it hard to tell what was initially intentional or accidental.

4/20/2016 4:44 pm  #20

One-game suspension, $5,000 fine and sensitivity training.

4/20/2016 5:00 pm  #21

artie_fufkin wrote:

The 3rd piece of that is the worst part of the punishment.

4/20/2016 5:01 pm  #22

I think it was Pietrangelo who took him down, but you wonder why Quenneville even had him out there for that faceoff.

4/20/2016 5:08 pm  #23

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Hopefully, his counselor will be a 7-foot tranny named Denise who will rip out his larynx when he tries to call him a "fucking faggot."

4/20/2016 5:51 pm  #24

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Hopefully, his counselor will be a 7-foot tranny named Denise who will rip out his larynx when he tries to call him a "fucking faggot."

Sounds hot.

4/20/2016 6:59 pm  #25

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

Sounds hot.

Usually, you have to pay more for that kind of action.

Board footera