You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2016 8:54 am  #1

Blues v. Dallas

I don't really have anything to say, but thought since they moved on to Round 2 we should have a new thread.

5/02/2016 8:58 am  #2

Re: Blues v. Dallas

I've only seen portions of Games 1 and 2, but it looks again like the Blues are the better team. Especially if the Stars continue to play without Seguin.

5/02/2016 10:01 am  #3

I don't know.  The Stars look much faster.  That style of play doesn't always pan out in the playoff as the refs tend to put away their whistles, but from what I've seen, when they want, the Stars can skate circles around the Blues.

5/02/2016 11:01 am  #4

I kept thinking Fabbri looked like the fastest player on the ice, but I'll grant he's just one guy.
Also, it's so hard to win in the playoffs when your goaltending situation is unsettled. 

5/03/2016 1:14 pm  #5

The Stars are faster. The Blues however are better at the traditional game. Setting up in the zone, keeping possession, working the point, deflections and rebounds... You name it, and I would give the Blues the edge. Speed and transition? That's Dallas... So don't make any stupid mistakes at either blue line, because those can be costly, and make sure you get your ass back on D. 

I respect Dallas, but after going 7 with Chicago and surviving, I don't fear Dallas. We now have home ice, we need to hold it. If the Blues can win these 2 at home, this shit is over.

5/03/2016 10:30 pm  #6

That's a bad goal.

5/04/2016 12:27 am  #7

Thursday is a big deal. don't wanna go back to Dallas tied. win Thursday. just win baby.

5/05/2016 7:34 pm  #8

The Stars should probably account for Tarasenko.

5/06/2016 10:56 am  #9

The Blues should probably look before passing the puck. A very largely uninspired effort last night. Sometimes that just happens, but it was disappointing to see when so much was there for the taking.

The good news? We were somehow still in that game. I don't know how, but they nearly won it right before Dallas did. Play better, go to Dallas and play like you can. Come back with a win. 

5/09/2016 9:35 am  #10

Well this is not "the" game. They've already proven they can win in Dallas (2 out of 3 in fact), but this is a great time to put the series away, and not go on the road for a Game 7. Seguin still won't be in the lineup, and "could" be for a Game 7. I'd like to see the Blues put this to bed now. 

5/10/2016 10:45 am  #11

And I can like to see in one hand and shit in the other apparently...

We're going to Dallas I guess. Good news? Road team has one 4 of the 6 games. We're both 2-1 playing on the road.

5/10/2016 2:09 pm  #12

I still think the Blues are the better team.  They put themselves in too deep of a hole last night.  Hopefully they don't make that mistake again.

5/11/2016 9:03 pm  #13

Ever heard a building quieter during a playoff game than this one?

5/11/2016 10:16 pm  #14

artie_fufkin wrote:

Ever heard a building quieter during a playoff game than this one?

No. Lehtonen may have turned in the worst performance in NHL playoff history. I was livid when the Blues lost yet another goal to review, but it was such a bad goal, I turned to Bob and said that if the Blues could get another decent scoring chance before the end of the period they could get it back. Turns out they got 2 back.

5/12/2016 7:49 am  #15

Did Steve Ott catch someone sleeping with his wife before the game? He was extremely physical yesterday.

Board footera