You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/18/2010 3:25 pm  #1

Victory!!!

My matrimonial W's have steadily dwindled over the years, but chalk one up for me today. The Much-Despised Heirloom (MDH) was just moved the the basement!!!
For those who don't remember or just didn't care the first time I referenced the MDH, my wife inhereted it when her grandfather died a few years ago. It's really something called a "telephone table," with a wrought iron frame, an ugly plastic pink seat and a formica tabletop. Apparenty, back in the day before cordless telephones, one would sit at this thing and talk on the telephone.
When we got the MDH, my wife asked where it ought to go, and my response of "the landfill" was so poorly received she decided out of spite to put it in the foyer so it's the first thing people will see when they enter the house.
We're having about a dozen people over for dinner tonight, so we needed to re-arrange some furinture, and I was ordered to take the MDH to the basement, where it will hopefully sit until she claims it in the inevitable division of marital "assets."

12/18/2010 7:31 pm  #2

Re: Victory!!!

Bask in it while you can.  When the issue resurfaces for some unpredictable reason, try to talk her into getting it appraised on Antiques Roadshow, and do us the favor of letting us know when to watch.  Either you'll learn its value for the inevitable division, or be able to rub her nose in it when she's laughed out of the studio.

Board footera