You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2016 9:13 pm  #1

Seriously ...

I went out to dinner tonight. I got home, watched the end of the Cardinals game and then switched over to the Raiders game. I haven't watched a single snap of an NFL game until tonight. The very first play I watched, the officials called a penalty on the Raiders.
Nothing ever changes.

8/27/2016 9:22 pm  #2

Re: Seriously ...

"The penalties are starting to pile up against the Raiders."
No shit.

8/28/2016 4:34 pm  #3

I watched five minutes of Cal-Hawaii and got bored. Football holds little appeal to me at the collegiate and pro level anymore. It is, as Windy used to say, a Lesser Sport. 

8/29/2016 7:50 am  #4

tkihshbt wrote:

I watched five minutes of Cal-Hawaii and got bored. Football holds little appeal to me at the collegiate and pro level anymore. It is, as Windy used to say, a Lesser Sport. 

I can watch college. Unless Notre Dame is involved, I'm at least reasonably assured of institutional impartiality. The NFL is pro wrestling. With more pads and shinier pants.

8/29/2016 8:40 am  #5

Funny tk, I can't watch pro football anymore. Same reason. Seeing kids play with passion and run through their respective gauntlets to get into the 4 team playoff is fascinating to me. I would much rather watch that than watch dudes getting paid tens of millions of dollars to shit on the national anthem.

In college, football is an enterprise but still a sport. The NFL is a business, and your "entertainment" is truly their last concern. 

8/29/2016 3:26 pm  #6

artie_fufkin wrote:

"The penalties are starting to pile up against the Raiders."
No shit.

You would have lost your mind at Bob's game Friday.

8/29/2016 6:43 pm  #7

tkihshbt wrote:

Football is just something that happens while i overeat and drink beer once the weather turns.

Board footera