You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/20/2016 1:32 pm  #1

#WriteInARealPresident

I find myself curious about this election. It's actually very difficult to tell whether Clinton is more hated than Trump or if Trump is more hated than Clinton, but one thing is pretty certain.... The entire country seems to hate both of these assholes.

So instead, I propose that every Republican and Democrat go back to Sanders or Cruz in a write in if they do not like the choice given them in deciding between Trump/Clinton. Normally this would be seen as a wasted vote, but with the power of facebook maybe not. #WriteInARealPresident

I'm not putting up a political belief on who I'm voting for, and I'm not slamming either party. People are free to vote as they want and the needs of my life may be very different from the needs of yours, but I can assure you it will not be Trump or Clinton. I cannot bring myself to vote for either of those two train wrecks. 

If you legitimately like Trump or Clinton then vote for them of course, you're free to do so, but if you are like most Americans who feel forced to vote for one of them, don't! Help spread the word, and vote Cruz or Sanders instead. 

10/20/2016 1:49 pm  #2

Re: #WriteInARealPresident

Disregard.... This is completely disallowed in 9 states and a majority of the other 41 require any write in to file which Cruz and Sanders would certainly not do as this would get them kicked out of their respective parties as sedition.... 

Fuck, I hate this election.

10/21/2016 10:07 am  #3

Re: #WriteInARealPresident

Bernie is not officially affiliated with the Democratic party, but I get your point.
I've been struggling for whom to cast my vote, as well. I was going to write in Bernie or Joe Biden, but Trump scares the shit out of me so much I feel like I have to vote against him in a meaningful way. But I have a hard time voting for Hillary, too. Johnson is unqualified and Stein is batshit crazy, even by Green Party standards.
I try to keep in mind that a presidential vote in Massachusetts is a mechanical exercise, anyway. Reagan is the only Republican in the last 50 years to win here. If the Democratic nominee can't carry the bluest state in the country, he/she ain't gonna win anyway.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (10/21/2016 10:08 am)

Board footera