You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2018 8:37 pm  #1

Marchand

Is he always that much of a whiny bitch? The Boston player was 3-4 feet offsides.

4/24/2018 1:48 pm  #2

Re: Marchand

forsberg_us wrote:

Is he always that much of a whiny bitch? The Boston player was 3-4 feet offsides.

He usually trains his ire on the opponent. I've never seem him react that demonstratively to an official.
The Bruins, especially their first line, are frustrated. Andersen has played out of his mind the last two games. I don't know how "scoring opportunities" are adjudicated, but the Bruins supposedly had 26 more of them than the Leafs in Game 5.
And they're going to lose Game 7. Rask's record in Game 7s is 1-2 with an .849 save percentage and the only win is the miracle 5-4 comeback they had against the Leafs in 2013. If he even starts. He's apt to ask out with a runny nose or a strained duodenum or whatever. Skip the drama and start Khodobin tomorrow. He's going to play in any event after Rask gets pulled. 

Last edited by artie_fufkin (4/24/2018 1:49 pm)

4/24/2018 1:54 pm  #3

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

He usually trains his ire on the opponent. I've never seem him react that demonstratively to an official.
The Bruins, especially their first line, are frustrated. Andersen has played out of his mind the last two games. I don't know how "scoring opportunities" are adjudicated, but the Bruins supposedly had 26 more of them than the Leafs in Game 5.
And they're going to lose Game 7. Rask's record in Game 7s is 1-2 with an .849 save percentage and the only win is the miracle 5-4 comeback they had against the Leafs in 2013. If he even starts. He's apt to ask out with a runny nose or a strained duodenum or whatever. Skip the drama and start Khodobin tomorrow. He's going to play in any event after Rask gets pulled. 

I didn't watch the entire game because I was paying more attention to Washington/Columbus, but the little of the third period I watched, Rask played as well as Anderson.  He had at least 2 really, really good saves that I remember to keep it 2-1.

Don't worry, Boston will win.  One of the two guys chasing me in our fantasy hockey league has Boston.  I have little doubt they pull this out.

4/24/2018 2:55 pm  #4

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

I didn't watch the entire game because I was paying more attention to Washington/Columbus, but the little of the third period I watched, Rask played as well as Anderson.  He had at least 2 really, really good saves that I remember to keep it 2-1.

Don't worry, Boston will win.  One of the two guys chasing me in our fantasy hockey league has Boston.  I have little doubt they pull this out.

He played well in the third period. He played well in Game 4. He tends to play well enough to make you think he's a good goalie, and then when you really, really need him, he shits himself.
This isn't all on Rask. No one held a gun to his head and told him he had to take $56 million, which made him untradeable. The Bruins have been undervaluing goaltending since the '60s, when they traded Ken Dryden for three guys who never made the NHL. They left Bernie Parent unprotected in the expansion draft. How many more Cups would they have won in the '70s with either of those guys?
I can't remember the last time the Bruins went into a playoff series with me thinking "Wow. They've got a substantial advantage at goaltender." Maybe 2012 when Braden Holtby got called up from the minors. And look how that worked out.

4/25/2018 8:16 am  #5

BTW, you've identified the argument that's been going on here since Rask became the Bruins' #1 goalie. The pro-Tuukka people point to his numbers and claim he's an elite goalie, while the anti-Tuukka people claim that if you want to beat the Sabres in December, Rask is your guy, but if you need him to win a game you can't afford to lose, he won't.
I wrote him off for good when skated off the ice with a tummy ache before the last game of the 2016 regular season when the Bruins needed to beat the Senators to qualify for the playoffs.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (4/25/2018 8:17 am)

4/25/2018 12:06 pm  #6

artie_fufkin wrote:

BTW, you've identified the argument that's been going on here since Rask became the Bruins' #1 goalie. The pro-Tuukka people point to his numbers and claim he's an elite goalie, while the anti-Tuukka people claim that if you want to beat the Sabres in December, Rask is your guy, but if you need him to win a game you can't afford to lose, he won't.
I wrote him off for good when skated off the ice with a tummy ache before the last game of the 2016 regular season when the Bruins needed to beat the Senators to qualify for the playoffs.

Interesting.  That's been the Blues' problem for a number of years.  They've had goalies who would look great in the regular season, but fold like bad cardboard in the playoffs.  

4/25/2018 1:26 pm  #7

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Interesting.  That's been the Blues' problem for a number of years.  They've had goalies who would look great in the regular season, but fold like bad cardboard in the playoffs.  

Not sure if this helps, but Brian Elliott sucked in the playoffs for the Flyers, too.

4/25/2018 1:51 pm  #8

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Not sure if this helps, but Brian Elliott sucked in the playoffs for the Flyers, too.

He did, at least, play in the playoffs.

In the Blues case, their goaltending has always reeked of desperation.  One year they brought in Brodeur (who was over 40 at the time).  They brought in Ryan Miller.  They traded for Jaroslav Halak.  Manny Legace, Chris Osgood.  Grant Fuhr was another one, although he was actually on the verge of leading them to a shot at the Cup until Nick Kyprios decided to dive into him and take out Fuhr's knee.

And no discussion of Blues goaltending would be complete without mention of Roman Turek.  After leading the team to the President's Trophy with a sub-2.00 GAA, Turek will forever be remembered for this gem of a playoff performance.

4/25/2018 2:10 pm  #9

That goal was as soft as a roll of Charmin toilet paper.
Hey, Glenn Hall was pretty good, though.

4/25/2018 2:44 pm  #10

artie_fufkin wrote:

That goal was as soft as a roll of Charmin toilet paper.
Hey, Glenn Hall was pretty good, though.

To make matters worse, if you look at the last replay angle, if he had simply missed it, the shot would've gone high.  But no, he had to get a piece of it and deflect it into his own net.  

4/25/2018 7:51 pm  #11

Rask has given up four goals on 12 shots so far.

4/25/2018 9:13 pm  #12

artie_fufkin wrote:

Told you there was no chance Boston would lose.

4/25/2018 9:38 pm  #13

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Told you there was no chance Boston would lose.

I'm drained. The two sets of matching penalties really changed the momentum in the Bruins' favor.. 
And Andersen sucked. 

5/04/2018 11:27 pm  #14

Ok, the Marchand licking people thing has gotten old really fast.

It’s a real shame Bettman has neutered the league. Marchand needs to get his ass beat.

5/05/2018 3:28 pm  #15

forsberg_us wrote:

Ok, the Marchand licking people thing has gotten old really fast.

It’s a real shame Bettman has neutered the league. Marchand needs to get his ass beat.

He's a strange man.

Board footera