You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/11/2018 10:51 am  #1

Fantasy Football is a cruel, cruel mistress

But unlike your wife, every once and a while, she actually delivers the goods.

I'm in 2 leagues, one at work and one with friends.  Going into last night's game, in the work league, I had a 17 point lead, but my opponent had the Seattle defense.

In the other league, I was 9 points behind but had Adam Thielen still to play.

Not sure if any of you watched the game (AP, aren't you a Vikings fan?), but with 2:30 left in the game, the Seattle defense scored a TD to make it 21-0.  At that point, the Seattle defense had scored 20 points.  Adam Thielen had a whopping 23 yards on 3 catches (3.5 points).  I was behind in both leagues.

In the final, meaningless 2:30, Thielen had 2 receptions for 47 yards, bringing his total to 5 catches for 70 yards.  I get a point for every 10 yards and a half point for each catch.  Thielen finished with 9.5 points.  The Vikings scored a meaningless TD, followed by an ever more meaningless extra point.  The TD dropped the Seattle defense to 17 points.  The XP dropped them to 14.

I win my work league matchup by 3 points and the other match by .5 points, all because with 2:30 left the Seattle defense was more worried about going home than stopping the Viking the way they had for the first 57:30 minutes.

12/11/2018 12:56 pm  #2

Re: Fantasy Football is a cruel, cruel mistress

Yeah im a viking fan but i went to bed halfway through the third quarter.  I was promised sex and the fucking on tv wasnt worth watching. 

I havent been able to recover from yahoos auto draft this year.  Its insurmountable.

12/11/2018 4:12 pm  #3

Re: Fantasy Football is a cruel, cruel mistress

I gave up fantasy football a few years ago, because the Raiders were (and still are) so bad I couldn't watch the NFL.
Zach and his friends formed a fantasy football league last year. They're all great kids, but I'm not sure any one of them could name four members of the New England Patriots, a feat of ignorance to which you have to aspire around here.
I happened to be in the room during the draft, and after he drafted Brady in the first round, I was unwittingly solicited to become Zach's adviser. What followed was an astonishing array of ignorance and mispronunciations, on the latter most notably an attempt at "Ezekiel."

Board footera