You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2019 12:27 pm  #1

Bob Kraft charged with solicitation of prostitution

2/22/2019 12:56 pm  #2

Re: Bob Kraft charged with solicitation of prostitution

I saw the headline and figured you were jumping for joy.

2/22/2019 1:44 pm  #3

I've made it clear to Chad that when Bob visits in a couple of weeks, the Orchids of Asia Day Spa is off-limits.

2/22/2019 3:19 pm  #4

R. Kelly supposedly has a warrant out for his arrest as well.  Sick world

2/22/2019 5:09 pm  #5

APIAD wrote:

I saw the headline and figured you were jumping for joy.

I was until I read the sexual servitude angle on it, It's one thing for Krafty Bob to get his rocks off with a willing prostitute, but these young women were doing this against their will. 
The anchor on the 5 o'clock news here just called the allegations "shocking." It's not shocking when a scumbag behaves like a scumbag.

2/22/2019 5:18 pm  #6

forsberg_us wrote:

I've made it clear to Chad that when Bob visits in a couple of weeks, the Orchids of Asia Day Spa is off-limits.

The news report I just watched indicated the authorities became suspicious when the "day spa" was usually open until 11 p.m.

2/22/2019 5:36 pm  #7

ESPN was reporting that more names are expected to drop.  Here's hoping there are no Cardinals involved.

No joke, I believe Tiger Woods resides somewhere in/near Jupiter

2/22/2019 6:13 pm  #8

forsberg_us wrote:

ESPN was reporting that more names are expected to drop.  Here's hoping there are no Cardinals involved.

I sure hope not. The investigation has been going on for six months, well after the Cardinals left Jupiter last March. 
There are idiots here who are attributing the whole thing to jealousy of the Patriots and their "dynasty." There were a number of law enforcement agencies on several levels who were involved in this investigation which encompasses a number of jurisdictions in Florida. I'm not sure they were all Dolphins' fans.

2/22/2019 6:14 pm  #9

And if Tiger Woods is anywhere near this, he's one of the biggest idiots in the history of Western Civilization.

2/23/2019 6:40 pm  #10

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

I sure hope not. The investigation has been going on for six months, well after the Cardinals left Jupiter last March. 
There are idiots here who are attributing the whole thing to jealousy of the Patriots and their "dynasty." There were a number of law enforcement agencies on several levels who were involved in this investigation which encompasses a number of jurisdictions in Florida. I'm not sure they were all Dolphins' fans.

Wall Street billionaire and the former President of Citigroup were named today

2/23/2019 6:54 pm  #11

Id hope if i had a seemingly endless amount of money i could get laid without having to resort to a sex spa or whatever cult r kelly cultivated.

2/25/2019 9:07 am  #12

Listening to the sports radio on the way in today. The ballwashers (pun intended) are really reaching. There's a faction which thinks Goodell somehow set all this up to make Kraft look bad. Then there are the enablers who are saying "He's unmarried, he's lonely, blah blah blah …." One of the wags on WEEI even called Kraft a "victim," because there's no way he could have known the employees were doing this against their will. 

2/25/2019 8:28 pm  #13

Pujols spoke out on the topic.  I will agree that i think it is a very overlooked problem.

2/25/2019 9:26 pm  #14

APIAD wrote:

Pujols spoke out on the topic. I will agree that i think it is a very overlooked problem.

Hey, whatever happened to Pujols after he left St. Louis? Is he playing co-ed softball somewhere?

2/25/2019 9:28 pm  #15

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Pujols spoke out on the topic. I will agree that i think it is a very overlooked problem.

Hey, whatever happened to Pujols after he left St. Louis? Is he playing co-ed softball somewhere?

Dh for an AL team.  Thats about the same as co-ed softball.

3/01/2019 9:01 am  #16

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-patriots-character-coach-bill-belichick-confidante-resigns-amid-robert-kraft-scandal-033507450.html

So, the handjob was the breaking point? The murder, unrepentant cheating, hypocrisy and serial incivility wasn't a problem? 

3/26/2019 7:04 pm  #17

I was going to retire from fantasy baseball but I just joined a public league only because I wanted to name my team "Orchids of Asia Day Spa."

4/21/2019 5:22 am  #18

This story died quick

4/21/2019 11:37 am  #19

Maybe nationally, but it's still a thing here. Krafty is going to great lengths to keep the video from being released. He's still admitted nothing, which you have to admit has been a successful strategy for his organization in the past. 
Kraft had made no public appearances since the story broke, until he showed up to the Celtics' first playoff game this week. The crowd gave him a standing ovation.

4/21/2019 5:43 pm  #20

Forgiveness is beautiful

4/21/2019 10:20 pm  #21

APIAD wrote:

Forgiveness is beautiful

It's not forgiveness. It's Boston sports fans circling the wagons. The lesson is try to get away with as much as you can. If you're caught, admit to nothing. Deny everything. Question the motives of your accuser and undermine his/her competence. Ridicule authority. That, my friend, is the true "Patriot Way."

4/22/2019 6:52 am  #22

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Forgiveness is beautiful

It's not forgiveness. It's Boston sports fans circling the wagons. The lesson is try to get away with as much as you can. If you're caught, admit to nothing. Deny everything. Question the motives of your accuser and undermine his/her competence. Ridicule authority. That, my friend, is the true "Patriot Way."

There's some validity to that.  I have no reason to assume you've followed Missouri's recent NCAA investigation, but the nutshell version is that a tutor took it upon herself to do work for student-athletes, who, not surprisingly, accepted the work.  Upon learning of the violation, Mizzou self-reported to the NCAA and fully cooperated in the investigation which confirmed that no one within the athletic department directed the tutor to do what she'd done.  The investigation also confirmed that the tutor wasn't a credible witness beyond what the university admitted because she had been peddling her story to various media outlets for the past few years.  Despite self-reporting, not directing the tutor to do anything and fully cooperating, the University was hit with major sanctions including monetary fines, loss of scholarships and a 1 year post-season/bowl ban for football, baseball and softball.

When asked whether the seemingly harsh penalties could discourage schools from self-reporting or cooperating in the future, the NCAA acknowledged that might be the case, specifically pointing to the scandal at North Carolina where the school had been running fraudulent classes for athletes for almost two decades, but where the university did everything possible to obfuscate the NCAA's investigation and never admitted a violation.

Mizzou is currently appealing the penalty, and the current AD has publicly stated he'll never self-report or cooperate with the NCAA ever again.

4/22/2019 8:59 am  #23

I wasn't aware the NCAA had acknowledged the North Carolina situation. One would think institutional academic fraud would be more of a priority than the actions of a rogue tutor, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to understand what motivates the NCAA.

Look, if the Patriots want to cheat, fine. If they want to win games by letting the air out of footballs, or secretly filming the other team's walk-through or conspiring with the commissioner, go for it. The NFL has a long legacy of rule-breaking. The Stealers won four championships in six years with a roster chock full of players who they had pumped full of anabolic steroids. The 49ers and the Broncos both won Super Bowls by obliterating the salary cap. But please don't tell me the reason you're winning is because you're smarter and better than everyone else. Don't tell me you're a role model while you're dumping your pregnant actress girlfriend for a supermodel or while you're getting a $70 handjob at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa. Don't tell me you hold yourself to a higher standard because you're … you.

4/22/2019 11:36 am  #24

artie_fufkin wrote:

I wasn't aware the NCAA had acknowledged the North Carolina situation. One would think institutional academic fraud would be more of a priority than the actions of a rogue tutor, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to understand what motivates the NCAA.

Look, if the Patriots want to cheat, fine. If they want to win games by letting the air out of footballs, or secretly filming the other team's walk-through or conspiring with the commissioner, go for it. The NFL has a long legacy of rule-breaking. The Stealers won four championships in six years with a roster chock full of players who they had pumped full of anabolic steroids. The 49ers and the Broncos both won Super Bowls by obliterating the salary cap. But please don't tell me the reason you're winning is because you're smarter and better than everyone else. Don't tell me you're a role model while you're dumping your pregnant actress girlfriend for a supermodel or while you're getting a $70 handjob at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa. Don't tell me you hold yourself to a higher standard because you're … you.

The NCAA actually distinguish the North Carolina incident in its report handing down sanctions against Mizzou claiming, in part, that the difference was that at North Carolina "the student-athletes had done there own work."  Never mind the courses were created and graded by a department secretary and didn't actually require any real work.  And never mind that North Carolina did this for almost two full decades.

4/22/2019 5:28 pm  #25

artie_fufkin wrote:

Ah, the world of self promotion.  Its not about what you are, its about what you say you are and getting people to drink the koolaid.

Board footera