You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2019 10:10 pm  #26

Re: 2019 Playoffs

JV wrote:

Although I could do without Kadri, a Blues-Leafs final would be cool from a historical perspective.

If we're into history, I wouldn't mind a rematch of the '70 finals with the Blues and the Bruins, with the same result.

4/22/2019 6:54 am  #27

artie_fufkin wrote:

JV wrote:

Although I could do without Kadri, a Blues-Leafs final would be cool from a historical perspective.

If we're into history, I wouldn't mind a rematch of the '70 finals with the Blues and the Bruins, with the same result.

4/22/2019 9:02 am  #28

I told my boss to watch The Departed. He hated it. I don't know how anyone hates that movie.

4/22/2019 10:35 am  #29

artie_fufkin wrote:

JV wrote:

Per this blog (see the last section), you have your history scrambled, and Bobby Orr should be in the St Louis sports hall of fame: https://www.portablepress.com/blog/2015/12/longest-championship-appearance-droughts-sports-history/

4/22/2019 11:49 am  #30

JV wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

JV wrote:

Per this blog (see the last section), you have your history scrambled, and Bobby Orr should be in the St Louis sports hall of fame: https://www.portablepress.com/blog/2015/12/longest-championship-appearance-droughts-sports-history/

Ok, the "Cub" mascot in that pic looks like a mutant squirrel, and I'm terrified by it.
But, nevertheless, I guess after all these years I've forgotten the legendary Bobby Orr played for the Blues.
To say nothing of the New York Jets' Super Bowl "draught."

4/24/2019 6:31 am  #31

Stopped watching the Cardinals in favor of Vegas/SJ.  Oh my that 3rd period and OT.  I suspect the hit on Pavelski that led to the PP that led to all of SJ's goals may bring about some rule changes.  Maybe video review of major penalties.  That was brutal.

4/24/2019 7:57 am  #32

forsberg_us wrote:

Stopped watching the Cardinals in favor of Vegas/SJ.  Oh my that 3rd period and OT.  I suspect the hit on Pavelski that led to the PP that led to all of SJ's goals may bring about some rule changes.  Maybe video review of major penalties.  That was brutal.

It was too late for me. I just saw a brief clip of the hit on Pavelski and it looks like a simple cross-check to me.

4/24/2019 6:58 pm  #33

Stick a fork in the Hurricanes. They're done.

4/25/2019 8:46 am  #34

artie_fufkin wrote:

Stick a fork in the Hurricanes. They're done.

I Windied the Capitals!
This is all breaking too perfectly for the Bruins. Tampa is gone. Washington and Braden Holtby, gone. The two top seeds in the West, gone. 
But then I remember they're the Bruins, and they're bound to Rask this up.

4/29/2019 9:57 pm  #35

Well that game got interesting at the end.

4/29/2019 10:10 pm  #36

artie_fufkin wrote:

Blues were really sloppy. Got away with one there. I think Lindell’s dive earlier in the game may have jaded the officials a little.

4/30/2019 10:17 am  #37

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Blues were really sloppy. Got away with one there. I think Lindell’s dive earlier in the game may have jaded the officials a little.

I didn't see that. But, hey, there's going to be contact in front of the net in the last two minutes of a tie playoff hockey game. If you want to play in a no-check league, there's one with a game at midnight tonight at the local rink with a snack shop and a soda machine.

This series conflicts me. I really like Tyler Seguin, and I'd like to see a team with him on it succeed to show the Bruins how stupid they were for trading him for two guys who are no longer on their team. But I don't want a hockey team from Texas - especially Dallas - to win a Stanley Cup.
I've always kind of pulled for the Blues because they've traditionally been the NHL's Wile E. Coyote. But I loathe Craig Berube. Once a Flyer, always a goon.

4/30/2019 8:36 pm  #38

Not exactly Boston's best PP effort.

4/30/2019 9:29 pm  #39

forsberg_us wrote:

Not exactly Boston's best PP effort.

They started slowly in the first period, were terrible for the first 17-18 minutes of the second period and Bobrovsky was sensational in the third period. All that being said, they hit two posts and a crossbar.

5/02/2019 10:30 pm  #40

Just catching up and seeing the slashing from Wednesday's Blues game. WTF Perron? And Benn retaliating against Bennington's crotch? Shit like that keeps me from being all in on hockey.

5/09/2019 6:57 am  #41

So a little more normalcy after round 2.

Conference finals are 2 v. 5 and 2 v. 7. But the regular season standings were so compressed, there’s only 8 points difference between the best and worst remaining teams.

5/09/2019 5:27 pm  #42

forsberg_us wrote:

So a little more normalcy after round 2.

Conference finals are 2 v. 5 and 2 v. 7. But the regular season standings were so compressed, there’s only 8 points difference between the best and worst remaining teams.

The Bruins are a tired team, and this is not the matchup they want - against a rested Carolina team that already possesses more speed than they do. And they have to play Game 1 without McAvoy.
And, inevitably, Rask is going to soil himself. 

Good luck to the Blues. They've been fun to watch.

5/09/2019 6:01 pm  #43

artie_fufkin wrote:

Good luck to the Blues. They've been fun to watch.

I have vivid memories of them getting pushed around by a cocky Sharks bunch in 2016. I think this Blues squad has more heart than that one, though, and SJ's weaknesses have been exposed. Expecting a tough series.

5/16/2019 8:15 am  #44

How could four sets of eyes miss that hand pass?
I'm thinking the NHL may have hired Walt Coleman to work the Sharks' games.

5/16/2019 8:31 am  #45

Not for nuthin', but there's actually been a debate here about whether it would be better for the Bruins to finish off a sweep tonight, or lose tonight and have the series go at least five games so the gap between the ECF and the Stanley Cup Finals isn't as long.
No one is suggesting the Bruins tank tonight, but this dropping-one-game-wouldn't-be-the-worst-thing is still an astonishingly dangerous mentality from people who have short memories and don't recall the goalie who will be playing for the Bruins tonight is the same goalie who coughed up a 3-0 series lead to Philadelphia in 2010. 
Kill the beast as quickly as you can and move on. 

5/16/2019 10:00 am  #46

artie_fufkin wrote:

Missing the hand pass is inexcusable, as is the fact that you can review a goal for a multitude of infractions, but not whether it resulted from a hand pass.

That said, don't give up a goal in the final minute of the 3rd period and we're not talking about a hand pass.  

5/16/2019 10:22 am  #47

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Missing the hand pass is inexcusable, as is the fact that you can review a goal for a multitude of infractions, but not whether it resulted from a hand pass.

That said, don't give up a goal in the final minute of the 3rd period and we're not talking about a hand pass.  

In the ECSF, the Blue Jackets scored a goal after the puck had gone up into the protective netting and ricocheted (Thanks, Doc Emrick) back onto the ice. None of the four officials saw the puck leave the playing area. It was clear on the replay the puck went into the netting. The goal stood because that's also something which can't be reviewed by replay.
I understand you can't stop the game every two minutes to review whether that was a goal or this was a penalty or that player was offsides, but the point of replay is to get things right. 

5/16/2019 7:19 pm  #48

"Let's go Bruins" chant in Raleigh, N.C.

5/19/2019 4:56 pm  #49

Boston Bruins (A2) vs. San Jose Sharks (P2)/St. Louis Blues (C3)
Monday, May 27, 8 p.m.: Sharks/Blues @ Bruins | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Wednesday, May 29, 8 p.m.: Sharks/Blues @ Bruins | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Saturday, June 1, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Sharks/Blues | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Monday, June 3, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Sharks/Blues | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Thursday, June 6, 8 p.m.: Sharks/Blues @ Bruins | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Sunday, June 9, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Sharks/Blues | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Wednesday, June 12, 8 p.m.: Sharks/Blues @ Bruins | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports

Last edited by artie_fufkin (5/19/2019 4:56 pm)

5/19/2019 5:00 pm  #50

artie_fufkin wrote:

Boston Bruins (A2) vs. San Jose Sharks (P2)/St. Louis Blues (C3)
Monday, May 27, 8 p.m.: Sharks/Blues @ Bruins | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Wednesday, May 29, 8 p.m.: Sharks/Blues @ Bruins | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Saturday, June 1, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Sharks/Blues | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Monday, June 3, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Sharks/Blues | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Thursday, June 6, 8 p.m.: Sharks/Blues @ Bruins | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Sunday, June 9, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Sharks/Blues | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Wednesday, June 12, 8 p.m.: Sharks/Blues @ Bruins | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports

Fingers crossed for the Blues to close out the Sharks in 6.

Last edited by JV (5/19/2019 5:11 pm)

Board footera