You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2019 7:46 pm  #51

Re: 2019 Playoffs

A "long-time, diehard Bruins' fan" called one of the Boston sports radio talk shows yesterday afternoon. He claimed he wanted the Bruins to face the Blues in the SCF because they would be playing the same team they beat in 1972 on Bobby Orr's overtime goal in Game 7.
The hosts were still making fun of him during today's show.

5/21/2019 9:35 pm  #52

artie_fufkin wrote:

A "long-time, diehard Bruins' fan" called one of the Boston sports radio talk shows yesterday afternoon. He claimed he wanted the Bruins to face the Blues in the SCF because they would be playing the same team they beat in 1972 on Bobby Orr's overtime goal in Game 7.
The hosts were still making fun of him during today's show.

Clueless callers often make the show.

5/22/2019 1:08 pm  #53

I think by now everyone in the country is aware of Boston Sports Fan – the loud, obnoxious guy who refers to Tom Brady as “the Goat,” has a tattoo of the Celtics’ leprechaun on the back of his calf and owns a jacket that indicates the Red Sox are “9-time World Champions” even though more than half of those championships were won before indoor plumbing was invented.

Boston Sports Fan wears a Marchand replica jersey, posts racial slurs on PK Subban’s Twitter page and in large groups randomly chants “Tooooooooooooooooookkaa” in unison.

The female version wears a pink Red Sox cap and says things like “I wish they nevuh traded Tyluh Seguin becuz he was haut!!”

Bruins’ fans are a completely different animal. We’re pessimists. We’re fatalists. Bad things are expected. There is doom around every corner. We still can’t believe the Bruins left Bernie Parent unprotected in the expansion draft. Pat Quinn is still Public Enemy #1, and he’s been dead for five years. The sight of a Montreal Canadiens sweater makes us cower.  The phrase “too many men on the ice” makes us cringe. The sight of Braden Holtby makes us soil ourselves.

We’ve seen the Bruins blow a 3-0 series lead to the grubby Flyers, of all teams. 2011 happened because the Canucks choked, not because the Bruins won. We’ve seen the prospect of Game 7 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals evaporate in the 17 most horrible seconds in franchise history. We can’t believe the Bruins traded …  fill in the blank – Ken Dryden, Reggie Leach, Rick MacLeish, Phil Esposito, Adam Oates, Joe Juneau, Joe Thornton, Blake Wheeler, Tyler Seguin.

For the next two weeks, you’re going to see and hear far, far from more Boston Sports Fan than you are from Bruins fans. Please don’t blame us for their behavior.

5/22/2019 4:20 pm  #54

I assume these are Boston Sports Fans, not Bruins fans

5/22/2019 5:48 pm  #55

First time I saw that photo, the sign read "I wish I only got two minutes for hooking."

Board footera