You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/23/2019 11:11 pm  #1

Tuukka Time

File under: Should have known better.
The Bruins played the Flyers in an exhibition game tonight. It was the first game aired by New England Sports Network (which is owned by the Bruins) since the first round of last year's playoffs.
The Bruins pxp guy is Jack Edwards, who you may remember used to work for ESPN about a decade ago. Edwards is in a word ... weird. When the Bruins beat the Sabres to win a first round series in 2010, he shouted "Snowball 1, Hell 0," even though it was a 3 vs. 6 series and the Sabres only had nine more points than the Bruins during the regular season. And there were people who picked the Bruins to win the series because the Sabres really didn't have much going for them other than Ryan Miller.
Edwards is also a renowned Tuukka suck-up. Tonight, Rask limited the Flyers' JV team to one goal on 17 shots before he was pulled for a minor leaguer after two periods. That prompted a clearly well-rehearsed screed from Edwards calling out Rask's "haters and doubters." There were other nausea-inducing moments like how Rask "broke the will of the Blue Jackets in Game 3" and "thoroughly dominated" the mighty Hurricanes. There was no mention, of course, of the two softer-than-puppy-shit goals that he gave up in the first period of the game that really mattered.

10/05/2019 9:38 pm  #2

Re: Tuukka Time

Halak is playing out of his mind tonight. I'm just sayin' ...

10/07/2019 11:11 am  #3

During last year's playoffs, ESPN was running a series online called "Quest for the Cup." I think it was only available to ESPN+ subscribers, but it was a behind the scenes look at the various playoff series, starting in Round 2. As the number of teams were reduced, the level of detail increased and, not surprisingly, the emphasis was on the Finals.

Even if you had been watching the series, you probably wouldn't have seen the final episode due to the outcome of the final series. During Game 7, there's a scene in the Bruins' locker room after the 1st period of Game 7. The players were deflated. That last second goal had taken it out of them, and no matter how much Cassidy tried to build them back up, they weren't having it. 

Your designation of Martinez as the Cardinals version of Tuukka is spot on. I don't know how Rask could look his teammates in the eyes after the 1st period of Game 7. Same for Martinez after yesterday's debacle.

10/07/2019 11:52 am  #4

forsberg_us wrote:

During last year's playoffs, ESPN was running a series online called "Quest for the Cup." I think it was only available to ESPN+ subscribers, but it was a behind the scenes look at the various playoff series, starting in Round 2. As the number of teams were reduced, the level of detail increased and, not surprisingly, the emphasis was on the Finals.

Even if you had been watching the series, you probably wouldn't have seen the final episode due to the outcome of the final series. During Game 7, there's a scene in the Bruins' locker room after the 1st period of Game 7. The players were deflated. That last second goal had taken it out of them, and no matter how much Cassidy tried to build them back up, they weren't having it. 

Your designation of Martinez as the Cardinals version of Tuukka is spot on. I don't know how Rask could look his teammates in the eyes after the 1st period of Game 7. Same for Martinez after yesterday's debacle.

Well, especially with the guy at the other end of the ice standing on his fucking head, and you let in two goals, at least one of which could have been stopped by a decent high school goalie.
The Bruins should have let him skate off into oblivion after 2016, when he missed the last game of the regular season - one the Bruins needed to win to make the playoffs - with a tummy ache. 
I'm not sure I'm ever going to get over Game 7 of last year's SCF. Hell, I'm not over the Canadiens beating the best Bruins team of my lifetime in 1971.

10/27/2019 11:35 am  #5

And of course Tuukka Bell shuts out the Blues in October ...

Board footera