You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/30/2019 10:27 am  #1

9/30/2019 1:42 pm  #2

Re: Vontaze Burfict doing Vontaze Burfict things

One would hope the New England player who knocked out the Bills' quarterback yesterday would receive the same sanction.

9/30/2019 2:15 pm  #3

artie_fufkin wrote:

One would hope the New England player who knocked out the Bills' quarterback yesterday would receive the same sanction.

I hate the Patriots, but they were very different hits, and I doubt the Patriots' player has Burfict's disciplinary history.

9/30/2019 2:45 pm  #4

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

I hate the Patriots, but they were very different hits, and I doubt the Patriots' player has Burfict's disciplinary history.

I'm sure that will be of great comfort to Josh Allen.

9/30/2019 5:09 pm  #5

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

I'm sure that will be of great comfort to Josh Allen.

Not saying the hit on Allen was clean, but it’s a big difference between hitting a runner who’s moving, who’s leaning forward because he’s running and going down because he’s being tackled and spearing a guy in the head while he’s on his knees.

I can’t say I know the NFL targeting rule. If the NE player had made that hit in college he’d have been ejected. Maybe under the NFL rule he should have been. There’s no question Burfict should have been tossed. The only issue is how the officials missed it live.

9/30/2019 8:39 pm  #6

“I just got tackled," the tight end said. "I’m sure it looked worse than it was. I didn’t really feel anything from it. My helmet protected me.”

Board footera