You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2020 2:07 pm  #26

Re: 2020 Spring Training thread

The cardinals do not have a single outfielder that is a lock as an everyday starter.

2/28/2020 5:55 pm  #27

APIAD wrote:

The cardinals do not have a single outfielder that is a lock as an everyday starter.

They do, but only due to his salary, not his performance.

2/28/2020 8:10 pm  #28

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

It’s a shame salary can get in the way of the ability to play the game .

2/29/2020 2:44 am  #29

don.rob11 wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

It’s a shame salary can get in the way of the ability to play the game .

I wish I could count on keeping my job simply because I was overpaid.  Hell I'd be happy with just being over paid.

3/03/2020 7:12 am  #30

Idk if I'm embracing that ST doesnt matter or if I dont care.

3/03/2020 7:24 am  #31

Miller shut down while warming up yesterday.

But I’m sure it’s nothing.

3/03/2020 7:25 am  #32

Munoz, mikolas, miller, the new Chinese guy....sounds like injuries are eating them up.

3/03/2020 7:39 am  #33

APIAD wrote:

Munoz, mikolas, miller, the new Chinese guy....sounds like injuries are eating them up.

The new Asian guy probably brought the coronavirus with him.

3/03/2020 3:46 pm  #34

APIAD wrote:

At least they still have Brett Cecil, the poster boy for durability.

3/03/2020 6:40 pm  #35

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

The new Asian guy probably brought the coronavirus with him.

Rec

3/04/2020 1:32 pm  #36

APIAD wrote:

Priceless

https://www.radio.com/sports/mlb/former-all-star-andrew-miller-may-have-the-yips?fbclid=IwAR0eTGD4lohTyV3AfGfGL5fq5wCdp55y6bbtEPKSGxOC536FgU1xdGmXT08

3/05/2020 8:53 am  #37

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Priceless

https://www.radio.com/sports/mlb/former-all-star-andrew-miller-may-have-the-yips?fbclid=IwAR0eTGD4lohTyV3AfGfGL5fq5wCdp55y6bbtEPKSGxOC536FgU1xdGmXT08

Pissa. Just fucking pissa.

3/07/2020 6:13 pm  #38

Munoz says fuck you cardinals

3/07/2020 6:24 pm  #39

APIAD wrote:

Yep. Can this preseason get any less promising? Of course, it's baseball, so we could be looking at a 100 win team.

3/07/2020 7:11 pm  #40

I dont understand releasing him.  So they dont have to pay him at all.  Seems a trade would be more beneficial.

3/07/2020 10:08 pm  #41

APIAD wrote:

Seems very odd that in a year MLB expands the rosters to 26, a utility player would walk out on a team. It seemed almost certain he would’ve made the team. I wish I had enough money to walk away from $500-600K.

3/07/2020 11:39 pm  #42

Weird. Max Schrock, it's on you.

3/08/2020 6:00 am  #43

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Seems very odd that in a year MLB expands the rosters to 26, a utility player would walk out on a team. It seemed almost certain he would’ve made the team. I wish I had enough money to walk away from $500-600K.

From what I read he was likely to start the year as a starter in triple A

3/08/2020 2:14 pm  #44

Cardinals announced they reached agreements with all of their “less than 3 year” players except for Flaherty. They renewed Flaherty, but imposed a $10,000 penalty against his salary for not accepting the team’s offer.

Enjoy the next few years of Jack Flaherty. When he hits free agency and signs a multi-million dollar contract with the Dodgers, I hope he writes Moz a $10,000 check, wipes his ass with it and throws it in his face on his way out the door.

3/08/2020 2:55 pm  #45

forsberg_us wrote:

Cardinals announced they reached agreements with all of their “less than 3 year” players except for Flaherty. They renewed Flaherty, but imposed a $10,000 penalty against his salary for not accepting the team’s offer.

Enjoy the next few years of Jack Flaherty. When he hits free agency and signs a multi-million dollar contract with the Dodgers, I hope he writes Moz a $10,000 check, wipes his ass with it and throws it in his face on his way out the door.

Sounds similar to the way Pittsburgh treated Cole. It was crystal clear at that moment that he'd be gone as soon as he could.

3/09/2020 3:30 pm  #46

JV wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

Sounds similar to the way Pittsburgh treated Cole. It was crystal clear at that moment that he'd be gone as soon as he could.

Why would you nickel-and-dime Jack Flaherty, of all people?

And not to beat my favorite horse to death for the umpteenth time, but I watched a couple innings of the Asstros/Cardinals game the other day. Carpenter can't play third base any more. He can't move laterally and he doesn't have the arm to make the throw across the diamond.
Every inning he plays instead of Edman, the Cardinals are a weaker team.

Last edited by artie_fufkin (3/09/2020 3:30 pm)

3/09/2020 5:55 pm  #47

artie_fufkin wrote:

JV wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

Why would you nickel-and-dime Jack Flaherty, of all people?

And not to beat my favorite horse to death for the umpteenth time, but I watched a couple innings of the Asstros/Cardinals game the other day. Carpenter can't play third base any more. He can't move laterally and he doesn't have the arm to make the throw across the diamond.
Every inning he plays instead of Edman, the Cardinals are a weaker team.

Because the system allows them to.  It's a classic example of just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it. If I'm Jack Flaherty, when the team approaches me to sign an extension--and you know they will at some point--I tell Moz to go fuck himself.

3/09/2020 7:49 pm  #48

Sounds to me the cards are strick on their salary formula.  I can usually respect having rules and sticking to them.  In this case it just seem so detrimental over nothing.

3/09/2020 8:04 pm  #49

When exactly could carp play third?

3/09/2020 9:25 pm  #50

APIAD wrote:

When exactly could carp play third?

Carpenter is an example of why I don’t put much faith in the advanced fielding metrics. Maybe 2-3 seasons ago, they tried to tell us that Carpenter was an above average fielder. Bullshit.

Board footera