You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2020 10:52 am  #26

Re: Corona

artie_fufkin wrote:

JV wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/125879764171844/permalink/2938052369621222/

I hope this works, because you need to see the post in its native environment in order to get why I think it's worthy of this group. There's a detail that puts its stupidity in the proper context.

I dropped my Facebook account when Putin's operatives started bombarding me with notifications, after I posted a picture on my profile of Pelosi ripping in half Fearless Leader's misstatements-of-the-union address.

Well, the post won't load and I can't figure out how to post a screen shot here, so I'll just have to relate the content. Somebody posted a drive-by rant about going to Sam's Club and finding all of the cakes were gone. He demanded to know who was having all the parties at which, he assumed, the cakes were to be consumed. He got slammed with a couple hundred replies, but what I found boardworthy, and had hoped to let you discover on your own, was his FB avatar/profile picture. Any guesses?

4/13/2020 11:11 am  #27

JV wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

JV wrote:

I hope this works, because you need to see the post in its native environment in order to get why I think it's worthy of this group. There's a detail that puts its stupidity in the proper context.

I dropped my Facebook account when Putin's operatives started bombarding me with notifications, after I posted a picture on my profile of Pelosi ripping in half Fearless Leader's misstatements-of-the-union address.

Well, the post won't load and I can't figure out how to post a screen shot here, so I'll just have to relate the content. Somebody posted a drive-by rant about going to Sam's Club and finding all of the cakes were gone. He demanded to know who was having all the parties at which, he assumed, the cakes were to be consumed. He got slammed with a couple hundred replies, but what I found boardworthy, and had hoped to let you discover on your own, was his FB avatar/profile picture. Any guesses?

Marie Antoinette?

4/13/2020 11:17 am  #28

artie_fufkin wrote:

I was talking about this with Zach the other day. Why wasn't there ever a third fight between Rocky and Clubber Lang? Back in the day, there was always a third fight.
This is how bored I am.

There wasn't a third fight between Rocky and Apollo (unless you count them getting together after the Clubber Lang fight).

If we're going to explore plot holes in the Rocky series, wasn't it Rocky 2 where Rocky was diagnosed with a detached retina, or some condition that made it likely he'd go blind if he continued fighting?  Didn't Rocky have close to 20 fights after that diagnosis?

I haven't seen Creed 2 yet.  Maybe I'll try to find that somewhere while I'm stuck in the house.

4/13/2020 12:00 pm  #29

forsberg_us wrote:

JV wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Marie Antoinette?

https://images.app.goo.gl/YAe3yAzzMCsdCXvi8

4/13/2020 2:48 pm  #30

JV wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

JV wrote:

Timothy Hutton?

4/13/2020 2:56 pm  #31

"If we're going to explore plot holes in the Rocky series, wasn't it Rocky 2 where Rocky was diagnosed with a detached retina, or some condition that made it likely he'd go blind if he continued fighting?"

"Yuh gut the heart, but yuh ain't got the tools no more," says Mickey when he's trying to dissuade Rocky from fighting the rematch. 

I'm going to work on a list of my least favorite movies. Rocky V will be on it.

Board footera