You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/30/2020 3:29 pm  #26

Re: Opening Day 2020 crap

APIAD wrote:

Cardinals are doing better then I thought they would be.

Undefeated!!

4/28/2020 3:45 pm  #27

So if they make the league into 3 divisions based on geography I'd assume they would play Dh ball in all leagues.  That would be a huge disadvantage to nl teams and probably opening the door to something permanent

4/29/2020 8:50 am  #28

APIAD wrote:

So if they make the league into 3 divisions based on geography I'd assume they would play Dh ball in all leagues. That would be a huge disadvantage to nl teams and probably opening the door to something permanent

This appears to be another whimsical notion by Bob "Tigers in 3" Nightengale.

4/29/2020 11:18 am  #29

I hope.  Not my idea of a solution.

4/29/2020 5:06 pm  #30

Talking to Chad the other day, he said he's hearing a lot of talk about "spring training" opening June 1, the regular season opening July 4 weekend.  He said they're trying to play games in the home stadiums, but there are just too many moving parts because the orders vary so much from place to place.  He thinks it's likely they end up at sites in Arizona, Texas and Florida with teams moving about those 3 sites.  An 80-100 game season with the post-season not starting until November and being played in warm-weather neutral sites.

Rosters will be expanded as there won't be minor league games.

4/30/2020 11:21 am  #31

forsberg_us wrote:

Talking to Chad the other day, he said he's hearing a lot of talk about "spring training" opening June 1, the regular season opening July 4 weekend.  He said they're trying to play games in the home stadiums, but there are just too many moving parts because the orders vary so much from place to place.  He thinks it's likely they end up at sites in Arizona, Texas and Florida with teams moving about those 3 sites.  An 80-100 game season with the post-season not starting until November and being played in warm-weather neutral sites.

I dont really see an issue with that idea beside my dh fears

4/30/2020 1:09 pm  #32

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

I believe this proposal still envisions 2 leagues.  NL rules when the NL is the home team.  I'm not really sure how much, if any, interleague play they'd try to cram into an 80-100 game season.

5/02/2020 11:27 pm  #33

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

I believe this proposal still envisions 2 leagues.  NL rules when the NL is the home team.  I'm not really sure how much, if any, interleague play they'd try to cram into an 80-100 game season.

No interleague play can be permanent

5/11/2020 10:55 am  #34

5/11/2020 12:02 pm  #35

If it keeps Matt Carpenter from playing defense I’m OK with this.

5/11/2020 2:58 pm  #36

5/11/2020 6:15 pm  #37

forsberg_us wrote:

If it keeps Matt Carpenter from playing defense I’m OK with this.

What rule keeps him off offense

5/13/2020 1:54 pm  #38

5/27/2020 6:25 pm  #39

I’m not gonna lie, if they end up having to cancel the season because the players feel they aren’t being paid enough, that may be enough for me to be done with baseball. As bored as I’ve been over the last 3 months, I can get by without sports, especially one as boring as baseball. The NHL plays into June. Football picks up in August, and other things like UFC continue year round. I suspect I’m not alone.

Baseball has enjoyed a pretty sweet situation being the only game going during the summer months. That’s not going to happen this year. The NBA and NHL are going to resume play in July. By the time they’re done, the NFL and college football will be going. My guess, both the NHL and NBA will start next season a month or two late because of finishing late, meaning they may not finish until July/August of 2021. Baseball may lose its position as the only game in the summer, and if it alienates its fans by not playing, they may never get a lot of them back.

5/30/2020 4:41 pm  #40

I'm kind of torn.  I'd like to watch baseball and think the players are being selfish af.  However a season with pretend makeshift rules doesnt really appeal to me.  And one less season of not seeing carp or Fowler seems okay.

6/01/2020 2:18 pm  #41

The MLBPA's demand is insane.  They want players to be paid and receive service time even if they don't play if the player claims they are 'high risk" or live with someone who is high risk.  Also, a player can choose to not play for any reason and get service time.  Plus the players want something like 70% of their salaries.  

Farewell baseball.  It was nice knowing you while it lasted.

6/01/2020 9:13 pm  #42

Anyone else wondering if Jason Heyward has used this down time to re-work his swing for the 800th time?

6/02/2020 12:59 pm  #43

tkihshbt wrote:

Anyone else wondering if Jason Heyward has used this down time to re-work his swing for the 800th time?

Holy shit...what kind of pure boredom brought you out of retirement?

6/03/2020 9:10 am  #44

tkihshbt wrote:

I saw a story last week that he's put his house in Atlanta on the market for the third time. 

https://www.latimes.com/business/real-estate/story/2020-05-29/former-braves-star-jason-heyward-takes-another-swing-at-selling-atlanta-home

6/09/2020 6:59 pm  #45

6/24/2020 9:53 am  #46

Baseball might have finally turned me off for good. I have no intention of watching the Cardinals participate in four hours of American League home run derby on a nightly basis.

6/25/2020 3:12 am  #47

artie_fufkin wrote:

Baseball might have finally turned me off for good. I have no intention of watching the Cardinals participate in four hours of American League home run derby on a nightly basis.

I'm not ready to give up on baseball yet.  This is as close as they could get me tho.  I read an article a while back saying no games are longer than al games.  Idk I hate the DH regardless

6/25/2020 8:14 am  #48

One of the sports radio stations here had Jon Morosi from MLB Network on this morning. He suggested managing in the American League is more difficult because you have to be more precise with your pitching changes. The host called bullshit and said anyone can manage in the American League. 

6/25/2020 1:36 pm  #49

artie_fufkin wrote:

One of the sports radio stations here had Jon Morosi from MLB Network on this morning. He suggested managing in the American League is more difficult because you have to be more precise with your pitching changes. The host called bullshit and said anyone can manage in the American League. 

I agree.  I'd like to see someone put a knowledgeable fan in charge for a series.

Board footera