You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/07/2020 8:42 am  #1

2020 schedule

Two trips to Wrigley, two trips to Milwaukee, and odd game in Iowa (?) and a 10-game road trip in late September. The schedule looks like Theo Epstein made it.

7/07/2020 7:42 pm  #2

Re: 2020 schedule

There is so much uncertainty in this season I'm not sure why players and or team would invest much effort.  Imo it is going to be a glorified exhibition.

7/07/2020 7:56 pm  #3

APIAD wrote:

There is so much uncertainty in this season I'm not sure why players and or team would invest much effort. Imo it is going to be a glorified exhibition.

Considering the way things are trending at this point, they should just bag the season. I'm not sure I want to get on a plane and go to Florida, California or Arizona right now.

7/08/2020 1:05 pm  #4

I think the main fear for both players and owners is that a complete year without baseball will condition alot of people away from the sport.  Do you really need the cable subscription?  Or the hassle of going to a game.  Have alot of the same effect the strike did and baseball is already trending down.

7/08/2020 2:57 pm  #5

APIAD wrote:

I think the main fear for both players and owners is that a complete year without baseball will condition alot of people away from the sport. Do you really need the cable subscription? Or the hassle of going to a game. Have alot of the same effect the strike did and baseball is already trending down.

On one hand, I love the sport and I miss having a game to watch every night. On the other hand, I feel like I'm sort of unburdened and I can attend to other things.
As much as the sport is trending toward irrelevance, I don't think baseball will ever go away. There aren't a lot better things to do on a summer night than go to a ballpark.
I've really, really missed the NHL. I acknowledge that's partly because the team I root for has a decent chance at winning the Stanley Cup. I also missed NCAA basketball. The 10 days between the start of the major conference tournaments and the first two rounds of the tournament may be my favorite time of the year.
But if the NBA went away, I wouldn't care at all.

7/09/2020 2:36 am  #6

I can see myself becoming a more casual fan.  So if (and I'm labeling myself) a dedicated fan becomes casual, what does a casual fan become? Non existent?

7/09/2020 1:07 pm  #7

APIAD wrote:

I can see myself becoming a more casual fan. So if (and I'm labeling myself) a dedicated fan becomes casual, what does a casual fan become? Non existent?

The type that goes to the ballpark and spends all her/his time on the phone.

7/09/2020 6:54 pm  #8

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

I can see myself becoming a more casual fan. So if (and I'm labeling myself) a dedicated fan becomes casual, what does a casual fan become? Non existent?

The type that goes to the ballpark and spends all her/his time on the phone.

DeWitt would prob be okay w that.

Board footera