You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/30/2020 4:55 pm  #1

9/30 GC

Who said the Cardinals can't hit?

9/30/2020 5:49 pm  #2

Re: 9/30 GC

Doesnt feel like the playoffs

9/30/2020 6:47 pm  #3

Rick Sutcliffe is an idiot.

9/30/2020 7:13 pm  #4

Is winning a championship even real this year. Having over half the teams get into the playoffs is blah.

9/30/2020 8:08 pm  #5

APIAD wrote:

Is winning a championship even real this year. Having over half the teams get into the playoffs is blah.

As long as the Cubs don't win, I'm ok with it.

9/30/2020 9:13 pm  #6

The cardinals basicly got a luck draw since the padres have no starting pitching.

9/30/2020 9:34 pm  #7

APIAD wrote:

The cardinals basicly got a luck draw since the padres have no starting pitching.

Meh. It always seems like Clevinger is hurt. Lamet has won 13 games in three years. He averages just over five innings a start this year. I'm more worried about Davies tomorrow. He's liable to lull them to sleep.

9/30/2020 10:44 pm  #8

Lamet would have been the best pitcher in this series by a long, long distance. Between a mid-season start and returning from TJ surgery, his innings isn’t a shock, but that’s like criticizing Flaherty for averaging 4 innings a start this year. 

Fact of the matter is Lamet has been unhittable all season. Avoiding him and Cleavinger completely changed this series.

10/01/2020 7:53 am  #9

forsberg_us wrote:

Lamet would have been the best pitcher in this series by a long, long distance. Between a mid-season start and returning from TJ surgery, his innings isn’t a shock, but that’s like criticizing Flaherty for averaging 4 innings a start this year.

Fact of the matter is Lamet has been unhittable all season. Avoiding him and Cleavinger completely changed this series.

But I do criticize Flaherty for averaging four innings per start this year.  

10/01/2020 2:11 pm  #10

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

But I do criticize Flaherty for averaging four innings per start this year.  

Out of curiosity, I looked it up.  Only 17 major league starters with 10+ starts averaged 6+ innings this year.  No one averaged 7 innings.  Between the mid-season start, COVID delays, the goofy 7 inning double headers and expanded rosters, starters weren't asked to do too much.

10/01/2020 2:33 pm  #11

Nice effort by the Reds.  LOL

10/01/2020 6:05 pm  #12

forsberg_us wrote:

Nice effort by the Reds.  LOL

Zero runs in 22 innings ...

Board footera