You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2021 9:32 am  #1

Waino is back

1 year, $8 million. Ken Rosenthal is reporting the Cardinals and the Rockies are discussing a trade for Arenado. I have no doubt that will not occur. 

Adam Wainwright returning to Cardinals on 1-year deal - UPI.com

1/30/2021 1:32 am  #2

Re: Waino is back

artie_fufkin wrote:

1 year, $8 million. Ken Rosenthal is reporting the Cardinals and the Rockies are discussing a trade for Arenado. I have no doubt that will not occur. 

Adam Wainwright returning to Cardinals on 1-year deal - UPI.com

It happened.  No real details.  They got 50mill with him.  They had to give up something good.

1/30/2021 11:40 am  #3

They actually didn’t.

Per Rosenthal and also MLB- Cardinals reportedly have acquired Nolan Arenado for Austin Gomber, Jhon Torres, Luken Baker, Angel Rondon and Jake Woodford. Cardinals get $50M, provided Arenado doesn’t opt out. Arenado is also deferring money, assuming he stays.

1/30/2021 11:59 am  #4

forsberg_us wrote:

They actually didn’t.

Per Rosenthal and also MLB- Cardinals reportedly have acquired Nolan Arenado for Austin Gomber, Jhon Torres, Luken Baker, Angel Rondon and Jake Woodford. Cardinals get $50M, provided Arenado doesn’t opt out. Arenado is also deferring money, assuming he stays.

Idk alot of the worth of those guys.  Gomber is prob a 4 or 5th starter and woodford I've heard good things about.  Who knows his actaully worth.  In Colorado probably less. 

Looks like the cards did really well and changed the trajectory of there lineup drastically. 

Now if I could just watch them.

1/30/2021 2:00 pm  #5

APIAD wrote:

Do you have a smart TV with an internet browser? Firestick? Would you watch on your computer?

If so, try either crackstreams.net or sportsurge.net

I’ve been using it to watch hockey games and the UFC. I assume they’ll have MLB when the season begins, though I don’t know that for sure.

1/30/2021 10:51 pm  #6

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Do you have a smart TV with an internet browser? Firestick? Would you watch on your computer?

I’ve been using it to watch hockey games and the UFC. I assume they’ll have MLB when the season begins, though I don’t know that for sure.

No I dont.  I got a roku but I dont think it had a browser.  If a fire stick has these capabilities and I can stream mlb it would be well worth it.

1/30/2021 11:12 pm  #7

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

No I dont.  I got a roku but I dont think it had a browser.  If a fire stick has these capabilities and I can stream mlb it would be well worth it.

I have a Roku on one TV, and it doesn’t have that capability. But the Fire stick does.

Dana White (UFC President) keeps saying he’s going to do something about these services that stream stuff that shouldn’t be freely available, but until he does, I’ll keep watching.

It takes some getting used to. When you first try to start streaming you might get redirected or a pop-up ad might get in the way. But once you get a good stream, it’s generally good the rest of the way. I’ve been watching the Blues tonight. And the picture quality is good—high quality HD.

1/30/2021 11:15 pm  #8

I should add—it helps having a college student. They figure out all the tricks.

1/31/2021 3:48 am  #9

forsberg_us wrote:

I should add—it helps having a college student. They figure out all the tricks.

If fsmw gets off their asses and gets a streaming channel like ever dipshit in the world seems to be able to do then I'll be happy.  Or I might pay a buddy a little bit to use his direct password on fox sports go

2/01/2021 11:50 am  #10

"Do you have a smart TV with an internet browser?"

I feel like I'm asking a question of Dr. Rick of the "Don't be your parents" commercials here, but I can cast from my lap top to my TV. Does that mean I'm hashtagging ... err, can I cast a game from one of the websites you listed? 

2/01/2021 6:25 pm  #11

artie_fufkin wrote:

"Do you have a smart TV with an internet browser?"

I feel like I'm asking a question of Dr. Rick of the "Don't be your parents" commercials here, but I can cast from my lap top to my TV. Does that mean I'm hashtagging ... err, can I cast a game from one of the websites you listed? 

I would think so. I used to go through my laptop to TV using an HDMI cable and it worked, so I assume you could do it by casting.

Bob uses Sportsurge a lot. I generally use crackstreams. I’m pretty sure they have content about every day. I’d just play around with it one night and see how it works.

2/01/2021 10:45 pm  #12

Arenado deal is official. Gave up Gomber, Mateo Gil, Tony Locey, Elehuris Montero, Jake Sommers. Montero was the #8 rated prospect in the system. Locey was #19 and Gil #22.

2/02/2021 9:54 am  #13

Oh and I love that the Cubs signed Joc Peterson. I can hate him on a whole different level now.

2/02/2021 6:47 pm  #14

forsberg_us wrote:

Arenado deal is official. Gave up Gomber, Mateo Gil, Tony Locey, Elehuris Montero, Jake Sommers. Montero was the #8 rated prospect in the system. Locey was #19 and Gil #22.

Not a bad deal.  Hope the opt out was dealt with.

2/02/2021 7:23 pm  #15

the team will reportedly add another year and $15MM to Arenado’s contract. As such, he’ll be signed through 2027 at $214MM. The Rockies will absorb $51MM, including some in deferrals, according to Feinsand. The Rockies will pay all of Arenado’s $35MM salary in 2021, Jon Morosi of MLB.com relays.

Along with the added value to his deal, Arenado will be able to opt out of his pact after either of the next two seasons (the Cardinals added the second opt-out as part of the trade; most of the money the Rox owe will be after the opt-outs, Feinsand adds).

He is free this year and can opt out after next.  That's a hell of a deal for the cards.

2/03/2021 3:36 pm  #16

I don't know any of the prospects. I like Gomber, but his ceiling is probably as a #3/#4 starter. The only concerns I have is whether last year was an outlier for Arenado statistically. He was supposedly dealing with a shoulder injury, and I wonder if that's healed. There's also the age-old Coors Field factor. His splits are pretty dramatic - .376/.609/.985 at home, and .322/.471/.793 on the road, though a lot of those road games are in three NL West parks that are generally pitchers' parks. 
But his defense will play anywhere. It's going to be fun watching a Gold Glove third baseman again.

As for the opt outs: "I plan on sticking around," Arenado said. "That's my goal. I plan on staying here for a long time. I said that once in Colorado, but I truly mean it. I'm not worried about [opting out]."

2/03/2021 6:54 pm  #17

I watched Arenado’s interview on MLB Network. They asked him about no longer hitting at Coors. He acknowledged the issue, but brought up what I thought was an interesting point. Arenado said that when you play in Colorado, going on the road is a big deal because breaking balls break more and you’re used to seeing them break less. He felt that by playing regularly at a lower altitude, he’d get more used to seeing breaking balls break as they should, and make the proper adjustment.

Another thing he mentioned, when you get used to playing at altitude and then go on a road trip, when you return to altitude it’s hard on your body. You get fatigued and you get headaches.

I don’t expect him to be the .320/40 HR/120 RBI guy he was in Colorado. But if he’s consistently .280-.300, 30+ HR and 80-100 RBI, the offense is a lot better and the defense (especially with Carpenter being the projected 3B) is significantly better.

2/03/2021 7:55 pm  #18

Wong signs with the Brewers

2/04/2021 4:22 am  #19

forsberg_us wrote:

Wong signs with the Brewers

Greedy me would of liked wong back to make a really strong infield stronger but I'll take what happened.  It will be fun to see the hot corner manned properly.

2/04/2021 4:23 am  #20

How often will carp be at second base?

2/04/2021 9:49 am  #21

APIAD wrote:

I have no idea what Carpenter's role is now. I assume Edman will be the regular second baseman. There's no need to platoon Edman because he's a switch hitter or replace him defensively. You can't really trade him unless you're willing to pay most if not all of his salary, and you can't hold on to him because he'd be occupying a roster spot you could give to a productive player.  

2/04/2021 2:31 pm  #22

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

I have no idea what Carpenter's role is now. I assume Edman will be the regular second baseman. There's no need to platoon Edman because he's a switch hitter or replace him defensively. You can't really trade him unless you're willing to pay most if not all of his salary, and you can't hold on to him because he'd be occupying a roster spot you could give to a productive player.  

Full time pinch hitter and spell Goldschmidt, nolan and edman 10 games a piece year?

2/04/2021 5:07 pm  #23

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Full time pinch hitter and spell Goldschmidt, nolan and edman 10 games a piece year?

How about "Designated Leadoff Hitter?" It checks off all the boxes. Shildt could pencil in his name at the top of the lineup, which Carpenter likes. Carp will either grind out a walk or take a called third strike. If he manages the former, McLaughlin can fawn all over him for his plate discipline and ability to draw a deep count. Then Shildt can send in O'Neill or someone else fast as a pinch runner. Carpenter goes to the bench and his game is over.
Think of Roger Dorn's role in Major League II. 

2/04/2021 9:10 pm  #24

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Over the last 5 full seasons, both Goldschmidt and Arenado have averaged 158 games per season. If Carpenter starts 10 games at either position it better be because of an injury, and he better never play 2B

2/05/2021 3:13 am  #25

Dexter traded to the angels

Maybe carp is next

Board footera