You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/25/2022 6:24 pm  #1

2022 cards

How about a reunion tour. 

Idk what this team's chances are.  Imo it depends on the prospects to make a difference again.

3/27/2022 4:36 pm  #2

Re: 2022 cards

I have no faith in the pitching. Flaherty’s hurt, Wainwright is old, Matz is so-so and Hudson is returning from TJ surgery.

They’re in a bad division, which means they probably win 83-85 games, finish about 10 games behind Milwaukee, earn a wild card spot, lose a one game playoff and go home.

3/28/2022 6:59 am  #3

I agree with all that.  Looks like there has been zero improvement. 

Punols coming back is a gun story but I don't think it makes the team better.  Probably a better use for the roster spot.  It will be a feel good story and pujols might find energy in st louis if he doesn't try to pull everything.  He may help the clubhouse.

3/28/2022 8:16 am  #4

The Pujols return is a distraction from the fact that the team won't be very good.  It's an attempt to sell tickets without a commitment to winning.

3/28/2022 2:47 pm  #5

For sure.  I am kind of sad they went this direction as far as putting a roster together.  Still 2.5 mill is a good investment for DeWitt.  From his standpoint it is a cheap bandaid on a bad off-season.

3/28/2022 8:40 pm  #6

I was hoping he'd sign with Colorado and at least catch A-Rod if not reach 700 HR. Can't see either of those happening in St Louis, but he still might generate some excitement. Whatever happened to that personal services deal with Moreno?

3/30/2022 2:24 pm  #7

I was wondering same thing about service contract.  It was 1 mill every year for 10 I thought.  Maybe they will have him selling peanuts. 

No way he get 21 hrs I one year. He would have to try and play next year.

3/30/2022 6:36 pm  #8

I’m sure when the Angels released him, Pujols was released from the personal services contract. The Angels probably have to pay him, but I doubt he has to do anything for them.

4/03/2022 8:23 am  #9

It really was just a deffered payment gimmick probably.  If he was this once in a life time record breaking player they had him on the hook.

4/04/2022 1:43 pm  #10

Gotcha.
On a completely unrelated note, does anyone have any info on Artie's whereabouts?

4/04/2022 6:13 pm  #11

JV wrote:

Gotcha.
On a completely unrelated note, does anyone have any info on Artie's whereabouts?

I still chat with him pretty regularly, and he’s actually joined our fantasy hockey league. I keep meaning to tell him there have been posts on the board.

4/04/2022 6:47 pm  #12

forsberg_us wrote:

JV wrote:

Gotcha.

I still chat with him pretty regularly, and he’s actually joined our fantasy hockey league. I keep meaning to tell him there have been posts on the board.

I request the Darthpujols handle

4/04/2022 6:49 pm  #13

Is their drama reference pujols and his wife?

And while I am being a drama queen what was the deal with shildt.

4/04/2022 6:58 pm  #14

"I’ve been asked a lot of questions over the past few days regarding what’s been going on at home and sadly, after 22 years of marriage, I have made the decision to file for divorce from my wife, Deidre. I realize this is not the most opportune time with Opening Day approaching and other family events that have recently taken place. These situations are never easy and isn’t something that just happened overnight. As a devout Christian, this is an outcome that I never wanted to see happen. For many long days and nights, I prayed, asking the Lord for His guidance. I am thankful for the five beautiful children that we brought into this world and remain committed to raising them in a loving and safe environment. I ask that you please respect our privacy and the privacy of our five children during this time.”

Damn

4/04/2022 7:39 pm  #15

I don't know how you issue a statement that you're divorcing your wife while she's in the hospital recuperating from surgery to remove a brain tumor.
If DeJong is the every day shortstop instead of Sosa, I'm going to lose my mind.

4/04/2022 7:51 pm  #16

artie_fufkin wrote:

I don't know how you issue a statement that you're divorcing your wife while she's in the hospital recuperating from surgery to remove a brain tumor.
If DeJong is the every day shortstop instead of Sosa, I'm going to lose my mind.

If she is anything like my ex wife I'd say the surgery was strictly exploratory.

4/04/2022 7:51 pm  #17

artie_fufkin wrote:

I think Dejong could have a bounce back.

4/04/2022 9:34 pm  #18

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

If she is anything like my ex wife I'd say the surgery was strictly exploratory.

Ex-wife?

4/04/2022 9:43 pm  #19

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

LOL, but sheesh. So much for Albert The Returning Hero.

4/04/2022 11:18 pm  #20

AP, remind me again what part of Illinois you’re in.

We’ve been making the tour of many of Illinois’ finer stops because my daughter is playing softball for a JUCO over there. Most of her conference is south of Springfield. For some reason I’m remembering you being further north.

4/05/2022 4:03 am  #21

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Ex-wife?

A lot has happened in the 2006 message board hiatus.  Still happening.

4/05/2022 4:04 am  #22

forsberg_us wrote:

We’ve been making the tour of many of Illinois’ finer stops because my daughter is playing softball for a JUCO over there. Most of her conference is south of Springfield. For some reason I’m remembering you being further north.

Nope I'm further south, thankfully. Near Olney il.

Last edited by forsberg_us (4/05/2022 1:47 pm)

4/05/2022 12:54 pm  #23

Worst opening day starting rotation since 2007.  Correct?

4/05/2022 1:47 pm  #24

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

Really??  Weather permitting, we play at Olney on Friday

Last edited by forsberg_us (4/05/2022 1:48 pm)

4/05/2022 4:55 pm  #25

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

Really??  Weather permitting, we play at Olney on Friday

Yeah I live in a ste. Marie.  About 15 miles north of Olney.

Board footera