You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2022 6:56 pm  #1

The DeJong-o-Meter

4/21/2022 7:28 pm  #2

Re: The DeJong-o-Meter

Bernie did a piece yesterday about how dejong isn't doing to badly due to some outlying stats.  Basicly all ss suck so it's okay is dejong sucks as long as he hits the ball hard.

4/21/2022 8:22 pm  #3

"Bernie did a piece yesterday about how dejong isn't doing to badly due to some outlying stats."

Without reading the article, I assume it's more of the same alphabet soup-based statistical gibberish that Carpenter's rumpswabs cited for the past three years to defend his diminished skills. 
Bill Parcells used to say "You are what you are." DeJong has been a sub-.200 hitter since 2020. That's what he is. 
And I suppose I could tolerate him a bit better if the Cardinals didn't have a better option languishing on the bench.

4/21/2022 8:27 pm  #4

4/22/2022 5:50 am  #5

artie_fufkin wrote:

"Bernie did a piece yesterday about how dejong isn't doing to badly due to some outlying stats."

Without reading the article, I assume it's more of the same alphabet soup-based statistical gibberish that Carpenter's rumpswabs cited for the past three years to defend his diminished skills. 
Bill Parcells used to say "You are what you are." DeJong has been a sub-.200 hitter since 2020. That's what he is. 
And I suppose I could tolerate him a bit better if the Cardinals didn't have a better option languishing on the bench.

Yeah he was citing whatever Stat accounts for ballpark adjustment and what not.  Also citing how dejong ranks average for short stops in some ways.

I can listen to the Stat talk most of the time.  However when I am being told something and I am seeing something completely different i get disinterested. 

I think Sosa needs worked in more as well.  I wouldn't throw dejong out with the bath water just yet. 

I also am not sold on Gorman playing second and edmon short stop.  Gorman needs to stay in the minors for a while imo.  He is hitting with power but striking out to much.  I don't see that transferring to the big leagues well.

4/22/2022 11:10 am  #6

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Sosa is the second coming of Luis Aparicio, but he's a better player than DeJong. I think McLaughlin or one of the analysts said the Cardinals were something like 14 games over .500 in the ~50 games Sosa started last year. There's a correlation to the hot streak the Cardinals went on last summer and the insertion of Sosa into the lineup as the everyday shortstop.

4/23/2022 5:56 pm  #7

4/23/2022 6:41 pm  #8

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Yeah he was citing whatever Stat accounts for ballpark adjustment and what not.  Also citing how dejong ranks average for short stops in some ways.

I can listen to the Stat talk most of the time.  However when I am being told something and I am seeing something completely different i get disinterested. 

I think Sosa needs worked in more as well.  I wouldn't throw dejong out with the bath water just yet. 

I also am not sold on Gorman playing second and edmon short stop.  Gorman needs to stay in the minors for a while imo.  He is hitting with power but striking out to much.  I don't see that transferring to the big leagues well.

Hitting for power while striking out a ton makes him the perfect big leaguer.

4/26/2022 7:23 pm  #9

Bernie has already changed his tune on this idea.  I think the cards will be reluctant to stick with dejong much longer on a consistent basis. 

Waino looks less vintage.  Molina looks done.  Pujols is being over used.

4/26/2022 10:05 pm  #10

I understand no one likes to get hit in the head, but it was a changeup. But there's no one in the history of the sport who takes himself more seriously than Showalter. He's never going to forget the Cardinals laughing at him after Ottovino hit Edman on the foot.

4/26/2022 10:10 pm  #11

Sit the fuck down, Buck. No one is throwing at your guy with the bases loaded.

4/26/2022 10:13 pm  #12

4/27/2022 9:34 pm  #14

4/29/2022 7:21 am  #15

I think he got some hit the other night.  Should be high now.  Probably in thr hunt for the batting title

4/29/2022 5:42 pm  #16

5/01/2022 7:29 am  #17

Marmol is on record as being hesitant in moving tommy to ss.  Idk how I feel about it. 

I'm not sure why this team isn't better then this.

5/02/2022 2:20 pm  #18

5/02/2022 2:46 pm  #19

The Gallegos Hour is upon us ...

5/02/2022 2:57 pm  #20

A mere 18 pitches. Maybe he saw how good Helsley looked on Sunday and decided to screw around a little less.

5/03/2022 9:05 pm  #21

When I want DeJong to strikeout,  he hits  into a fucking double play.

5/03/2022 9:39 pm  #22

5/03/2022 10:17 pm  #23

What an insipid offense.

5/04/2022 5:01 am  #24

JV wrote:

What an insipid offense.

Idk how they can always underperformed.  Jeff Alberts seems to be the talking point.  Idk how much a hitting coach effects hitting.  These guys have outside resources and have been hitting a baseball for 20 years.  Still at some point a head has to roll.  If I was a gardener and had no vegetables I wouldn't be much of a gardener.

5/04/2022 7:27 am  #25

Board footera