You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2022 9:18 am  #26

Re: The DeJong-o-Meter

I'm not sure I understand why MLB would roll out deadened baseballs when people are already turning away from the sport because it's boring. If anything, MLB ought to start using rubber superballs that travel 500 feet so they can attract the shiny object crowd that thinks the NBA is entertaining. 

5/04/2022 1:30 pm  #27

5/04/2022 2:26 pm  #28

Holy fucking shit, where would the Cardinals be without Nolan Arenado?

5/04/2022 4:46 pm  #29

I shudder to think.

5/05/2022 9:36 pm  #30

The Reds are 3-22.

5/05/2022 10:51 pm  #31

Seriously. What the fucking fuck?

5/06/2022 4:50 am  #32

artie_fufkin wrote:

I'm not sure I understand why MLB would roll out deadened baseballs when people are already turning away from the sport because it's boring. If anything, MLB ought to start using rubber superballs that travel 500 feet so they can attract the shiny object crowd that thinks the NBA is entertaining. 

I thought the article took an angle I would enjoy. More baseball and less hr ball.  Idk if that makes sense really, as you pointed out.  If people watch the game, runs being created is way more interesting then a short porch fly ball home run.

I also will say that I can put up with the dh better then I thought.

5/06/2022 4:53 am  #33

artie_fufkin wrote:

The Reds are 3-22.

Cards account for .3333 of the reds wins.

5/06/2022 4:56 am  #34

artie_fufkin wrote:

Everyone hit last night besides Bader and dejong. 

Dejong has to go.  DFA him.  Who is even going to add him to their roster at this point.  The idea that his defense carries him might be true if he add .100 to his BA at rhe minimum.  At this point the cards were better off batting their pitchers.

5/06/2022 8:42 am  #35

I haven’t read any of the articles, but have any of these geniuses like Jeff Passan considered that the reason offense is at an historic low might be because for a decade or more the sport has completely abandoned fundamentals like putting the ball in play, advancing runners and going the other way in favor of the “3 true outcomes” and telling guys not to abandon their approach when they’ve either struck out or pulled the ball into the shift for the 53rd time in a row?

5/06/2022 9:15 am  #36

APIAD wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Everyone hit last night besides Bader and dejong.

Dejong has to go. DFA him. Who is even going to add him to their roster at this point. The idea that his defense carries him might be true if he add .100 to his BA at rhe minimum. At this point the cards were better off batting their pitchers.

And if you swap Bader's second and third at bats, he has an RBI double and an infield single. 

5/06/2022 9:20 am  #37

"I also will say that I can put up with the dh better then I thought."

Me too. I'm enjoying The Pujols Victory Tour, and that wouldn't be possible without the DH. 
And I also like the idea of giving Goldschmidt and Arenado a day off from playing in the field while they're still in the batting order. 

5/06/2022 9:24 am  #38

forsberg_us wrote:

I haven’t read any of the articles, but have any of these geniuses like Jeff Passan considered that the reason offense is at an historic low might be because for a decade or more the sport has completely abandoned fundamentals like putting the ball in play, advancing runners and going the other way in favor of the “3 true outcomes” and telling guys not to abandon their approach when they’ve either struck out or pulled the ball into the shift for the 53rd time in a row?

I really really think the weather is also a major contributing factor. It's been unseasonably cold in the Northeast and the upper Midwest. We haven't had a day with the temperature in the 70s so far this spring. How many times have the Cardinals played a series in Cincinnati without hitting a home run? 

5/06/2022 11:03 pm  #39

The good news is when you're hitting .119,  another oh-fer doesn't drop your average too dramatically.

5/08/2022 4:41 pm  #40

Walking the leadoff guy every other inning probably isn't the best strategy.

5/08/2022 8:06 pm  #41

forsberg_us wrote:

You and artie are prob correct in both senses.  Cold weather plus a lack of focus on producing runs are both an issue.  If you can not get the ball over the fence baseball is all confused.

5/10/2022 3:35 pm  #42

Optioned to Memphis

5/11/2022 3:32 pm  #43

APIAD wrote:

Optioned to Memphis

Why now? Sosa is still out due to Covid, so you end up starting a rookie who has played something like 60 professional innings at shortstop.
The Cardinals' front office is becoming a clown show. Wonder if the head clown's bowtie squirts water?

Board footera