You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2022 8:19 am  #26

Re: Non-DeJong Thread

JV wrote:

What's next? Waino as DH?

Before DeJong got sent down, I thought they might let Wainwright hit for himself and DH for DeJong. 
When I was in college, we had a pitcher who would DH for our second baseman on days he wasn't pitching. To say the second baseman wasn't pleased about being a "designated fielder" was an understatement.  

5/27/2022 8:07 pm  #27

Anyone else getting sick of watching Hudson not throw strikes?

5/27/2022 8:29 pm  #28

But I'm not getting sick of watching Goldschmidt hit like he's playing slow pitch softball.

5/27/2022 9:01 pm  #29

Tommy Pham and Joc Pederson apparently got into an argument tonight about which one of them is more obnoxious. No punches thrown, but they agreed to meet on the playground after school to settle things once and for all.

5/28/2022 10:01 am  #30

artie_fufkin wrote:

Tommy Pham and Joc Pederson apparently got into an argument tonight about which one of them is more obnoxious. No punches thrown, but they agreed to meet on the playground after school to settle things once and for all.

Hey, the fantasy football waiver wire is serious business.

5/28/2022 8:15 pm  #31

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Hey, the fantasy football waiver wire is serious business.

Yeah, at least it's something important.

5/28/2022 8:26 pm  #32

5/29/2022 10:01 am  #33

5/30/2022 10:50 am  #34

forsberg_us wrote:

Doesn't appear to have helped much

It's hard to pitch effectively when you have your head up your ass.

5/31/2022 8:03 am  #35

5/31/2022 8:29 pm  #36

I think waino is to good to retire

5/31/2022 8:31 pm  #37

Why are they even testing shitty players?

5/31/2022 10:28 pm  #38

Hard to write it up better then that.  I love the Sac flies, stolen base and good outing by waino.  Pujols had a good game.  Held his own vs righties and was in the right place to face a lefty

6/01/2022 8:04 pm  #39

I went to today's game with the kids.  Here were my thoughts.

*Padres played poorly this series. 

*the cards did well with their back up players tlr style

*Donavan is a good baseball player

*Dickerson is not.  He is dejong/carpenter all over again

*baders contributions can't be measured

6/01/2022 8:13 pm  #40

APIAD wrote:

Hard to write it up better then that.  I love the Sac flies, stolen base and good outing by waino.  Pujols had a good game.  Held his own vs righties and was in the right place to face a lefty

Pujols is a perfect example of why I disagree with the idea that RBIs are a meaningless stat. Some people just know how to drive in runs. Players like Joey Gallo hit 40 HR and drive in 75 because they can’t shorten up and make contact with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 out. Pujols comes up in that situation, even at 42, and you assume he’ll get the run home.

6/01/2022 9:15 pm  #41

forsberg_us wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Pujols is a perfect example of why I disagree with the idea that RBIs are a meaningless stat. Some people just know how to drive in runs. Players like Joey Gallo hit 40 HR and drive in 75 because they can’t shorten up and make contact with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 out. Pujols comes up in that situation, even at 42, and you assume he’ll get the run home.

Today leaving Dickerson in to hit 2x was frusterating.  Padres gave the Cardinals a gift by throwing to third to try and get gold out.  This allowed arenado to get to second and advance to third on the sac.  Putting him at third with one out and Dickerson at bat.  He failed. 

Idk what Gorman did to get benched or if he is really sick.  I doubt it.  Also edman and pujols were on the bench.  Dickerson just sucks.  The type of of predictable suck that makes me mad.  The Padres sucked this series.  Vs a good team that run has to score. 

As you have said, some guys just know how to do it.  Even pujols would of gave me more hope the dickerson.

6/01/2022 9:28 pm  #42

Other thoughts

Hudson sucked the first inning.  The Padres sucked all game.  However Hudson threw different after that inning.  He threw strikes. 

also Whitley should of got the hook 2 batters sooner.  That was a call that was visible enough that the pen should of been ready for it.

6/01/2022 9:30 pm  #43

Love watching games in person.  I wish it wasn't such a hassle.  I also wish baseball wasn't dead.  My girls like the people watching not the game.  I got it.  I don't think anyone watches the game because they like the small games inside the game.  It seems like it is just the novelty of going and posting it to fb.

6/01/2022 10:43 pm  #44

Gorman is dealing with a back issue.

6/02/2022 7:04 am  #45

forsberg_us wrote:

Gorman is dealing with a back issue.

I see.  I heard he didn't feel well.  Figured he showed up hungover.  Maybe that was self diagnosis.

6/02/2022 8:10 am  #46

APIAD wrote:

Love watching games in person. I wish it wasn't such a hassle. I also wish baseball wasn't dead. My girls like the people watching not the game. I got it. I don't think anyone watches the game because they like the small games inside the game. It seems like it is just the novelty of going and posting it to fb.

I'm going to the Friday and Sunday games in a couple of weeks when the Cardinals are at Fenway Park. The Red Sox almost never offer promotions or discounts, but they had some sort of promotion this week that if you bought tickets to see the Reds or the Orioles, you got a voucher for a discounted ticket to another game involving a good opponent. I bought my tickets back in February or March, before the discount was offered, but that's a good thing. I can't imagine going to that dump of a ballpark with no parking and shitty access to the shittiest public transit system in any major city in North America to see two shitty teams in which I don't have a rooting interest. 

6/02/2022 8:21 pm  #47

Nice! I hope it's enjoyable.

Also, in the interest of curbing message inflation, I'll just ask here if "Liberatore" is Italian for "Hit this out"?

artie_fufkin wrote:

APIAD wrote:

Love watching games in person. I wish it wasn't such a hassle. I also wish baseball wasn't dead. My girls like the people watching not the game. I got it. I don't think anyone watches the game because they like the small games inside the game. It seems like it is just the novelty of going and posting it to fb.

I'm going to the Friday and Sunday games in a couple of weeks when the Cardinals are at Fenway Park. The Red Sox almost never offer promotions or discounts, but they had some sort of promotion this week that if you bought tickets to see the Reds or the Orioles, you got a voucher for a discounted ticket to another game involving a good opponent. I bought my tickets back in February or March, before the discount was offered, but that's a good thing. I can't imagine going to that dump of a ballpark with no parking and shitty access to the shittiest public transit system in any major city in North America to see two shitty teams in which I don't have a rooting interest. 

6/02/2022 9:34 pm  #48

Fuck Heyward!

6/02/2022 9:37 pm  #49

Also, in the interest of curbing message inflation, I'll just ask here if "Liberatore" is Italian for "Hit this out"?

I'll know more once Schwindel's home run lands somewhere in Wisconsin.

6/03/2022 7:31 pm  #50

Cards got their offense for the week.

Board footera