You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2011 11:36 am  #1

Another Multi-Million Dollar company tryin to destroy the middle class

4/09/2011 5:41 pm  #2

Re: Another Multi-Million Dollar company tryin to destroy the middle class

I tried posting on Huff Po a few times, but that didn't last long before I decided it was a deeply flawed political machine.  My awareness of this came at the time that one of the Madoff sons committed suicide.  Among all the well-wishers, I tried to make the point that, with all due sympathy to his wife and children, the efforts to collect the ill-gotten Madoff wealth should continue.  This was blocked as "abusive", and I noticed that about every fifth post was blocked as abusive, and the only posts visible were well-wishers offering sympathy to the family, along with statements like "now can we finally let these people be?" 

It felt very much like a PR campaign designed to let this guy's family keep all the wealth, with no questions as to whether it was ill-gotten.

4/09/2011 5:44 pm  #3

Re: Another Multi-Million Dollar company tryin to destroy the middle class

I found the link, and now there are a few critical posts, along with the sensitive ones.  But when it counted, during the first day or so, no posts other than fawning sympathy seemed to be allowed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/11/mark-madoff-suicide-hanged_n_795342.html

Board footera