You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2011 11:18 am  #1

Hey Alz (or anyone else who follows hockey)

Who ya got playing for the Cup?

I realize these are the easy picks, but I like both top seeds (Vancouver and Washington).  Although this could finally be San Jose's year since they get to fly a little under the radar.

I liked Boston, but I have a feeling that if they survive this Montreal series they're going to be too beat up to beat whoever they play in the next round.  There's so much hatred built up between them and the Canadiens.

4/18/2011 8:44 pm  #2

Re: Hey Alz (or anyone else who follows hockey)

Montreal fans cleverly booing Chara every time he touches the puck. Quebecois are stupid, even using the Canadian metric system of stupidity.

4/20/2011 9:51 am  #3

I've been a closet Pittsburgh fan from the days of my childhood watching Lemieux. I actually gave up the Penguins to become a Blues fan after living in St. Louis for a while.

If Crosby can come back in time, I like their chances in the East, but if not, the I would pick the Capitals to represent the East.

In the West, I'm a lot more jaded, passionate, and hate more than half of the teams there for some reason or another.

Canucks? Not since Brad May's goonery. No.
Chicago? Not in your wettest dream. No.
San Jose? Still not over Owen Nolan and company fucking over our President Trophy Blues in Round 1. No.
Detroit? No Blues fan will ever root for Detroit... Ever.
Nashville? Central division... No.

That leaves me with:
Phoenix
Anaheim
Los Angeles

And honestly I could care less about any of them. I guess I'm cheering for the Pens/Caps.

Edit: Honest appraisal? Detroit and Washington. Vancouver always seems to lose games they should win when it matters.

Last edited by alz (4/20/2011 9:52 am)

4/25/2011 12:55 pm  #4

alz wrote:

.... Vancouver always seems to lose games they should win when it matters.

Man oh man, I'm good sometimes. Now Vancouver goes from a commanding 3-0 lead to 3-3 and no idea who they should be playing in goal for game 7....

Board footera