You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/04/2011 10:11 pm  #26

Re: Stanley Cup Finals

Unknown Versus announcer: "Burrows chewed up the Bruins and spit them out."

6/04/2011 10:15 pm  #27

All seriousness, terrible play by Thomas on the winning goal. There was a lot made about how far he comes out of the net. It cost him bad on that goal.

And I'm sorry, but Chara can't let Burrows get that wrap-around. Tackle him if you have to, but you can't let him score that goal.

6/04/2011 10:55 pm  #28

I was watching the college baseball game on ESPNU in between regulation and OT of the hockey game, and by the time I switched back, the hockey game was over. What the hell happened?

6/04/2011 11:04 pm  #29

Opening faceoff of OT. Burrows picks up the puck in the neutral zone and skates into the zone. Chara between him and Thomas. Burrows pulls his stick back and fakes that he's going to crank a slap shot. He pulls it down, heads wide and slides the puck behind the net. Thomas thought a shot was coming and came way out. Chara was trying to slow down Burrows and bumped Thomas. Burrows beat Chara to the puck behind the net and scored on a wrap-around into the open net at the 11 second mark of OT.

6/04/2011 11:08 pm  #30

I can't pass judgment until I see the play, but there was a lot of blame toward Chara for the goal in Game 1.

6/04/2011 11:11 pm  #31

Not sure if you get the NHL Network, but they're still in post-game mode.

He didn't play the goal well. I thought Luongo saved Vancouver early. Vancouver has looked like the fresher team at the end of both games.

6/04/2011 11:14 pm  #32

FWIW, I thought Boychuk was much more culpable on the Game 1 goal. With that little time left he could have simply played the puck and probably been OK. He went for a check on Kesler and missed. Then he failed to pick up Torres charging the net.

Chara could have played Hansen better, but that goal is on Boychuk.

6/05/2011 11:08 am  #33

"Vancouver has looked like the fresher team at the end of both games."

They have. The Canucks seem faster at almost every position, and the Bruins are getting worn down chasing them. I don't know how that gets fixed.

6/05/2011 9:17 pm  #34

You ever see a replay of the OT goal?  Thoughts?

6/05/2011 9:26 pm  #35

forsberg_us wrote:

You ever see a replay of the OT goal?  Thoughts?

It looked like Chara could have been a wee bit more aggressive.

6/06/2011 8:37 pm  #36

KICK THE CRAP OUT OF THESE THUGS!!!

6/06/2011 9:56 pm  #37

How do four fucking sets of eyes miss Hansen slashing Krejci in the back of his leg?

Last edited by artie_fufkin (6/06/2011 9:58 pm)

6/08/2011 10:01 pm  #38

Best of three ...
How can the Canucks play this badly?

6/08/2011 11:27 pm  #39

Bob had a game and I didn't see any of the game. It sounds pretty much like the Chicago series.

6/09/2011 9:41 am  #40

Not sure why, but I find myself pulling for Boston here. I don't really care, but after they lost Horton (a big scorer for their team), I like underdog stories.

People saying that Rome hit was clean, I would agree but for one aspect, and it's a part of hockey I do not like. He left his feet... You can hit someone without this, and in my opinion it would reduce collision impact a lot without taking the hit out of the game. You're still going to have a lowered shoulder on someone who has his head down, but leaving your feet almost seems like a blatant attempt to injure in my opinion.

6/09/2011 10:22 am  #41

"People saying that Rome hit was clean"

I don't watch or read much analysis, but the only person I've heard say that is Alain Vigneault.
The difference I see in this series is after that hit on Horton the Bruins decided they weren't going to take any more of the Canucks' crap. If the Canucks are going to be allowed to bite, and slash, and deck players when they aren't looking, the Bruins are going to fight back. And they've decided they're not just going to go after the guys who think they're tough, they're going to paste the Sedins.

6/09/2011 12:44 pm  #42

artie_fufkin wrote:

"People saying that Rome hit was clean"

I don't watch or read much analysis, but the only person I've heard say that is Alain Vigneault.
The difference I see in this series is after that hit on Horton the Bruins decided they weren't going to take any more of the Canucks' crap. If the Canucks are going to be allowed to bite, and slash, and deck players when they aren't looking, the Bruins are going to fight back. And they've decided they're not just going to go after the guys who think they're tough, they're going to paste the Sedins.

Honestly that's the only way Boston will win the series. There's no possible world where they can outskill Vancouver, not even with Horton. However, they can outwork them, and Thomas most certainly can (and should in my opinion, he's a lot more solid) outplay Luongo in net.

They'd need to play the dirty, gritty "Blues style" hockey to win, get in the trenches, hold strong on defense, wait for chances to attack on offense, and make Vancouver extend to try and compensate for the goalie play. Eventually, that will lead to some odd man's going the other way.

6/09/2011 1:41 pm  #43

"They'd need to play the dirty, gritty "Blues style" hockey"

What, and miss the playoffs?

(Sorry. Couldn't help it.)

6/09/2011 3:36 pm  #44

artie_fufkin wrote:

Normally I don't make excuses for failures. The Blues this year were an exception.

Andy McDonald
David Peron
TJ Oshie
Paul Kariya
Jaroslav Halak
Barret Jackman
Carlo Colaiacavo

All missed significant time off the top of my head with injuries. That's like every one of thier skill players. I think they make the playoffs pretty easily if they have everyone healthy.

6/09/2011 5:24 pm  #45

alz wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Normally I don't make excuses for failures. The Blues this year were an exception.

Andy McDonald
David Peron
TJ Oshie
Paul Kariya
Jaroslav Halak
Barret Jackman
Carlo Colaiacavo

All missed significant time off the top of my head with injuries. That's like every one of thier skill players. I think they make the playoffs pretty easily if they have everyone healthy.

I'm sure you're right. Just as sure as the only two players I've heard of on this list are Kariya and Oshie, and the latter only because I think I read his name in a Miklasz column during spring training.
I'm not a very good hockey fan.

6/10/2011 10:16 pm  #46

Those 2 big Boston victories switch control of our playoff points race. After tonight I'm ahead by 3. I can't afford another big Boston win.

Going into this round I thought I had it won if the series went 7 games. Now I'm not even sure I win if Vancouver wins Game 7.

6/11/2011 8:40 pm  #47

It had to be Lapierre. Silly French person.

6/13/2011 10:41 pm  #48

And so it comes to this...

We're tied for the playoff money. One game to go.

6/14/2011 12:28 am  #49

I wonder if Vigneault is sitting on the plane right now, contemplating who he should start in goal on Wednesday ...

6/14/2011 8:40 am  #50

I doubt it.  Luongo has given up 2 goals in 3 games at home.

Board footera