You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/04/2011 3:38 am  #1

colors that end in -urple

Damn this lady is dumb with a capital DUH!

"In the video, which was taken at Boston's Old North Church, Palin gives a bizarre version of Revere's 1775 ride. Addressing an unknown person, Palin remarks:

He who warned the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms by ringing those bells and, um, making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that, uh, we were going to be secure and we were going to be free."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110603/od_yblog_upshot/palin-flubs-explanation-of-paul-reveres-ride;_ylt=Ao7.ag1G2sx2uMLveXSDGCvK.nQA;_ylu=X3oDMTRnb3MzZXYwBGFzc2V0A3libG9nX3Vwc2hvdC8yMDExMDYwMy9wYWxpbi1mbHVicy1leHBsYW5hdGlvbi1vZi1wYXVsLXJldmVyZXMtcmlkZQRjY29kZQN0b3BnbXB0b3AyMDBwb29sBGNwb3MDNgRwb3MDNgRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3BhbGluZmx1YnNleA--

6/04/2011 11:17 am  #2

Re: colors that end in -urple

Yeah, Paul Revere's objective was clearly was to let the British know the NRA's interpretation of the Second Amendment.

6/04/2011 7:38 pm  #3

As Matt Damon put it, her political career is like a bad Disney movie.

6/04/2011 8:30 pm  #4

Did you see the link to the story about Bachman trying to tell the people in New Hampshire that they live in the state where the first shot of the Revolutionary War was fired? More bothersome was her explaination. If she had said: "I was tired/excited/temporarily insane" I think people would have been forgiving. But to say "They're still proud of it!" is something a spoiled debutante would say.

6/05/2011 4:46 pm  #5

To a certain segment of America, facts mean nothing.  I read about that gaffe by Backman, but it will mean little to the die hard tea partiers.  I have one in my natal family and there is simply no amount of evidence that can convince her of anything that conflicts with her ideology. 

"Palin: I didn't 'mess up' Paul Revere history"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110605/ap_on_el_ge/us_palin;_ylt=AtNhdjvWZub42P4ATJvx3Gas0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNjdWV2bzkyBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNjA1L3VzX3BhbGluBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNARwb3MDMQRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA3BhbGluaWRpZG50bQ--

6/05/2011 6:46 pm  #6

"Part of his ride was to warn the British that were already there. That, hey, you're not going to succeed. You're not going to take American arms. You are not going to beat our own well-armed persons, individual, private militia that we have," she added. "He did warn the British."

What a fucking asshole.

Board footera