You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/27/2011 9:19 am  #1

Something Smells

I couldnt figure out what had been stinking in my basement for the last couple days.  The smell was really faint but clearly there.  The sump pump didnt stink but I ran water to cycle out the old anyway.  I filled the sink traps  with bleach as well.  Still the damn thing stunk.  I thought it smelled like a dead mouse.  That would have drove me nuts if that were the case because while mice dont bug me I couldnt stand to have one in the house.  Finally I found the source.  I had gone squirrell hunting about 3 weeks ago.  Between me and my brother we got 9.  I frooze them in two containers and forgot to put one of them in the freezer.  I dont know why the misplaced plastic container in the sink did strike me as odd earlier.  I hate to think what kind of smell would be in that container if I were to take the lid off.

10/27/2011 9:49 am  #2

Re: Something Smells

Why would you freeze a dead squirrel?

10/27/2011 10:17 am  #3

I began reading this post, and if by magic a banjo player wearing only 'spenders' (as he called them) and began to pick it. To his credit, he played beautifully. I was just about to go balls deep into my sister when I finished reading.

YEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWW!

Sorry, I had to.

Last edited by alz (10/27/2011 10:20 am)

10/27/2011 10:30 am  #4

artie_fufkin wrote:

Why would you freeze a dead squirrel?

To eat later.  Plus it is hard to get them in the freezer alive.

Last edited by APRTW (10/27/2011 10:35 am)

10/27/2011 10:37 am  #5

alz wrote:

I began reading this post, and if by magic a banjo player wearing only 'spenders' (as he called them) and began to pick it. To his credit, he played beautifully. I was just about to go balls deep into my sister when I finished reading.

YEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWW!

Sorry, I had to.

You people who are closed minded to eating stuff that doesnt come pre packaged are missing out on life.  I killed and cleaned 80% of the meat in the freezer.  This year I think I am going to save some coons and BBQ them.  Now that is some banjo playing shit.

10/27/2011 10:39 am  #6

Tell me that doesnt look tasty.

Last edited by APRTW (10/27/2011 10:40 am)

10/27/2011 11:28 am  #7

"it is hard to get them in the freezer alive."

But probably a lot more fun.

10/27/2011 11:34 am  #8

"You people who are closed minded to eating stuff that doesnt come pre packaged are missing out on life."

You may be right, and I'd probably never eat another hamburger if I went to one of those plants where beef is processed, but that's why we have supermarkets, right?

10/27/2011 11:35 am  #9

"Tell me that doesnt look tasty."

Knowing it's squirrel, I just can't.

10/27/2011 1:02 pm  #10

I'm not saying I wouldn't try Squirrel or anything else. Hell I've eaten Squid, Octopus, Goat.... Squirrel is probably fine to eat.

I'm just saying that hunting them is a little "hoos"! That's all!

10/27/2011 1:28 pm  #11

"Hell I've eaten Squid"

Squid is delicious. The only reason it's called calimari in Italian restuarants is because no one would order it if it was listed on a menu as squid.

10/27/2011 4:39 pm  #12

Anthony Bourdain did an episode of "No Reservations" in West Plains, Mo. They got him to eat raccoon. I can't fathom eating rodents. It's just disgusting.

10/27/2011 5:54 pm  #13

tkihshbt wrote:

Anthony Bourdain did an episode of "No Reservations" in West Plains, Mo. They got him to eat raccoon. I can't fathom eating rodents. It's just disgusting.

so why did you kill them and put them in your freezer?!?  practice for when you go all John Wayne Gacy?

10/27/2011 5:57 pm  #14

alz wrote:

I'm not saying I wouldn't try Squirrel or anything else. Hell I've eaten Squid, Octopus, Goat.... Squirrel is probably fine to eat.

A little?!?  Ya think??

Squid, octopus, and goat can all be bought at the store or ordered off the menu . . . maybe not octopus so much.  Squirrel and raccoon are bona fide bush meat.

10/27/2011 5:58 pm  #15

artie_fufkin wrote:

"Hell I've eaten Squid"

Squid is delicious. The only reason it's called calimari in Italian restuarants is because no one would order it if it was listed on a menu as squid.

anything soaked in oil and garlic is delicious, but I can think of things I'd rather eat than something that has the texture of a rubber band.

10/27/2011 5:59 pm  #16

APRTW wrote:

Tell me that doesnt look tasty.

What the HELL is that???

10/27/2011 6:35 pm  #17

Max wrote:

tkihshbt wrote:

so why did you kill them and put them in your freezer?!?  practice for when you go all John Wayne Gacy?

I think you're confusing me with AP.

10/27/2011 7:29 pm  #18

alz wrote:

How do you think they get Squid and Octopus?

10/27/2011 7:31 pm  #19

tkihshbt wrote:

I trap coons.  It is kind of a new hobby for me.  You trap them, scrape the fat off the hide, dry and sell them.  Why not eat them to?  It is worth a try.

10/27/2011 8:49 pm  #20

tkihshbt wrote:

Max wrote:

tkihshbt wrote:

I think you're confusing me with AP.

I am wrong.  (Artie, Fors, you listenin'?)

Board footera