You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2011 11:28 am  #26

Re: TV, Wii, xBox, and all the rest

Here's a Black Friday shopping guide for buying TV's.  I can't say I agree with it.  It says don't pay for features like 1080 vs. 720, or 120 Hz vs. 60 Hz.

Also, check out the THX size guide the repost:

32 inch class TV = 3.5-5 feet away
42 inch class TV = 4-6 feet away
50 inch class TV = 5-7.5 feet away
60 inch class TV = 6-9 feet away

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upgrade-your-life/tv-specs-aren-t-worth-paying-225518304.html

12/01/2011 3:31 pm  #27

In a follow-up:

One big difference between the competing system is price.  There's a Mario Bros Wii for under $150, but xBox and Playstation seem to be near $300 each.

Oh, and Hi-Def on the Blu-Ray is wonderful!  I might even shell out for Hi-Def cable.

12/01/2011 3:40 pm  #28

"I might even shell out for Hi-Def cable."

I can't watch sports in regular definition anymore. Especially hockey. I don't know how the hell I ever saw the puck in regular def.

12/01/2011 9:37 pm  #29

artie_fufkin wrote:

I can't watch sports in regular definition anymore. Especially hockey. I don't know how the hell I ever saw the puck in regular def.

FSN better have all the game in HD next year.  If they can do it for half then they can do it for all.

12/02/2011 9:52 am  #30

APRTW wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

FSN better have all the game in HD next year.  If they can do it for half then they can do it for all.

Why would FSN only broadcast half the games in HD?

12/02/2011 2:55 pm  #31

artie_fufkin wrote:

APRTW wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

Why would FSN only broadcast half the games in HD?

Good fucking question.

12/23/2011 6:44 pm  #32

Learned many differences, at last:

Wii is cheap.  I just bought the Wii Super Mario Bundle for $119 (normally $149-ish).  But the reason is that it is old technology and will be upgraded to WiiU in 1-2 years times.  The picture quality is the old DVD quality 480 x 720.  It does have a Netflix app and has improved hardware to resist wear-out.

Both xBox and PS3 are 1080 x 1900.  PS3 can play Blu Ray and xBox can play the defunct HD format.  Just saw a PS3 bundle for $249, but usually it and xBox are around $300.

Board footera