You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2010 2:26 pm  #1

The "I hate @#$%^&* snow" thread

It just took me 15 minutes to drive a mile and a half on the highway. And the snow isn't even sticking to the ground.
I was kind of hoping we'd hold out for another two weeks or so because it would have been an entire calendar year for us without snow.
I love global warming. It's practically Key Fucking West around here these days.

12/20/2010 6:06 pm  #2

Re: The "I hate @#$%^&* snow" thread

Everyone talks about how much they love snow.  I think it is like shaving.  Once you deal with it a few time you realize how overrated it is.

12/20/2010 10:01 pm  #3

APRTW wrote:

Everyone talks about how much they love snow.  I think it is like shaving.  Once you deal with it a few time you realize how overrated it is.

It took my two hours to get home going no faster than 20 mph. We were supposed to get less than an inch and there's a half a foot on the ground, with no sign of it letting up. Thank goodness a lot of people are on vacation this week or I'd still be on the highway.

1/31/2011 9:38 pm  #4

Here it comes.  Ice is starting to hang onto the trees.  This has been a hell of a winter so far and it isnt even close to being over.

2/01/2011 1:27 pm  #5

APRTW wrote:

Here it comes.  Ice is starting to hang onto the trees.  This has been a hell of a winter so far and it isnt even close to being over.

It better be because my daffodils are already up about 3".

1/12/2012 5:22 pm  #6

Winter is making up for lost time today.

1/17/2012 12:37 pm  #7

Two freakin' inches, and everyone around here acts like they've never seen it before. The 19-mile commute lasted a tidy 90 minutes today.

2/13/2012 7:31 pm  #8

Here we go again.

Despite early calls for up to 4 inches, it appears St. Louis will get 1, maybe 2 inches of snow. So naturally half of the city shut down by 3, I'm fairly certain the stores have run out of milk, bread and ice melt, and every TV show has 1/4 of the screen blocked by a weather radar and is interrupted every 10 minutes for a weather update.

I can't imagine what would happen if this town actually got hit with a real snowstorm.

2/13/2012 9:02 pm  #9

forsberg_us wrote:

Here we go again.

Despite early calls for up to 4 inches, it appears St. Louis will get 1, maybe 2 inches of snow. So naturally half of the city shut down by 3, I'm fairly certain the stores have run out of milk, bread and ice melt, and every TV show has 1/4 of the screen blocked by a weather radar and is interrupted every 10 minutes for a weather update.

I can't imagine what would happen if this town actually got hit with a real snowstorm.

You guys are having a worse winter than we are. I've had to shovel snow once since the freak storm in October, and it's supposed to be around 50 degrees until at least Thursday this week.
I love global warming.

2/13/2012 10:57 pm  #10

artie_fufkin wrote:

forsberg_us wrote:

Here we go again.

You guys are having a worse winter than we are. I've had to shovel snow once since the freak storm in October, and it's supposed to be around 50 degrees until at least Thursday this week.
I love global warming.

Not really.  It stopped at about an inch (at least where I live).  I still haven't broken out a snow shovel this season and don't plan to for this.  It's supposed to be in the low 40s tomorrow and 50s by Wednesday.  I'll let Mother Nature take care of it.

2/14/2012 12:14 am  #11

Snow doent increase my appetite for milk or bread.

2/29/2012 8:33 pm  #12

windwalker wrote:

I'm sorry, the sunburn and allergies are making it difficult for me to focus on the snow discussion  (devious)

You'll get no complaint from me. We're having our first storm of the month today, and it wouldn't even be February if the Earth went around the sun as quickly as it's supposed to.

Board footera