You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2012 1:14 pm  #26

Re: Blues Quest for Greatness -- Chapter 43 -- "Ken Hitchcock Presents"

We're going to get better too, D'Agostini and Steen are both beginning to skate again, Langenbrunner is getting close to the mid-march timeline from his broken foot.

That's a +15, a +20, and a +9 that could be back in the lines by playoff time.

I'm just going to mention one other thing. I LOVE ANDY MCDONALD!!!! Jesus Christ he's been amazing.

3/12/2012 10:04 am  #27

Two more wins this weekend and an NHL-best 97 points.

They're embarking on a torture chamber of a road trip. After last night's game in the Eastern time zone, they come back to Chicago, the go back East to play Carolina and Tampa. Then they fly to the other coast for games against LA, Anaheim and Phoenix.  Who the hell came up with that schedule, Torquemata?

3/12/2012 10:31 am  #28

The Blues have 12 games left to play (8 on the road, including the next 6)

*Mar 13 @ Chicago (We were just in Columbus, not crazy here)
*Mar 15 @ Carolina (2 days for this is a decent travel, but not great)
*Mar 17 @ Tampa Bay (Not too far from Carolina)
*Mar 21 @ Anaheim (at least there's 4 days between this and Tampa, moving 3 timezones kinda sucks)
*Mar 22 @ Los Angeles (no real travel here)
*Mar 25 @ Phoenix (3 days, Phx isn't that far from LA though)
*Mar 27 vs Nashville (2 days coming home from Phoenix)
*Mar 29 @ Chicago (2 days to go up to Chicago)
Mar 31 vs Columbus (2 days to come back from Chicago)
*Apr 4 vs Detroit (lots of prep time for this game)
*Apr 6 vs Phoenix (2 days to stay home)
*Apr 7 @ Dallas (ouch... 1 day to go from STL to Dallas.. this sucks)

* The dicey part... Every game with an * is against a team that is still very much in playoff contention. The worst among them is Anaheim (8 points out of 8th). We will definitely get a pre-playoff set of matches that will show this team exactly what they can expect in the playoffs. The big question is can they come through these 12 games and still be on top? If so, I think they have to be looked at as a Cup Favorite. They have Arnott, Langenbrunner, McDonald to keep them from being too pleased at the accomplishment, and focus on moving on. Hitchcock seems to be like a grouchy uncle who's never pleased, and it seems to inspire the kids to try and get a compliment from him (which do come out, but Hitchcock has never seen a 'perfect game' played I don't think).

3/12/2012 10:38 am  #29

Blues magic (points) numbers
25 points - New York Rangers (Presidents Trophy)
22 points - Vancouver Canucks (Western Conference 1 seed)
21 points - Detroit Redwings (Central Division)
9 points - San Jose (Playoff Entry)

-- All of these were computed with the Blues having to finish 1 point above the oppenent, without regard to tiebreakers. The Rangers can cap out at 121 points, Vancouver at 118, and Detroit at 117, 9th seed San Jose can cap out at 105 points(highest of the playoff contenders). The Blues have 97 points, and can cap out at 121 as well, tying the Rangers if both teams were to win out.

Last edited by alz (3/13/2012 8:13 am)

Board footera