You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2013 4:24 pm  #1

Casual day tomorrow.

Because of potentially bad weather, snow up to 6 inches, and seriously iced over conditions that will make the roads a disaster. My company was nice enough to let us wear jeans.

It's moments like this where being over-analytical really doesn't help my career.... My boss didn't appreciate my "What the hell does that accomplish?" question very much.

2/21/2013 9:18 am  #2

Re: Casual day tomorrow.

alz wrote:

Because of potentially bad weather, snow up to 6 inches, and seriously iced over conditions that will make the roads a disaster. My company was nice enough to let us wear jeans.

It's moments like this where being over-analytical really doesn't help my career.... My boss didn't appreciate my "What the hell does that accomplish?" question very much.

Not likely a question that will enhance your career, but you make a valid point. We're also allowed to wear casual clothing in bad weather, and it always cracks me up when I see my boss in a pair of Wranglers like he's just shoveled a foot of snow, when the heaviest thing I've ever seen him lift is a pencil.

2/21/2013 1:51 pm  #3

i consider jeans to be dressing up most the time.  

2/22/2013 10:06 am  #4

You guys could have kept your friggin' storm. We're supposed to get 4-8, which after that monstrosity we endured two weeks ago seems like nothing.

2/22/2013 10:55 am  #5

I decided today was casual day.  I correctly guessed that only about half of the attorneys would actually show up.  I figure if I can take the time to come in, I'm wearing comfortable clothes.

2/22/2013 11:58 am  #6

"I correctly guessed that only about half of the attorneys would actually show up."

Are you friggin' kidding me?? Only six inches of snow and half the crew stays home? Nut up, pansies.

2/22/2013 2:37 pm  #7

artie_fufkin wrote:

"I correctly guessed that only about half of the attorneys would actually show up."

Are you friggin' kidding me?? Only six inches of snow and half the crew stays home? Nut up, pansies.

The women with kids who are in school either can't or don't bother trying to find child care arrangements.  They just work from home.

2/22/2013 2:55 pm  #8

forsberg_us wrote:

artie_fufkin wrote:

The women with kids who are in school either can't or don't bother trying to find child care arrangements.  They just work from home.

TWO snow days for a 6-inch storm? I wouldn't even admit to that. I'd just say the school exploded when it was hit by a North Korean missle.

2/22/2013 3:01 pm  #9

"TWO snow days for a 6-inch storm?"

Conveniently Thursday and Friday, meaning a 4-day weekend.  On the heels of a 1/2 day last Friday and off-Monday because of President's Day, my kids will have gone to school all of 2.5 days out of 10.

No wonder we're falling behind the rest of the world.

2/28/2013 6:00 pm  #10

It's crazy because Bellingham is the northernmost city in the lower 48 and we sold our plows to the county a few years back.  So now, even a forecast of snow or ice can close the schools.  

2/28/2013 6:33 pm  #11

Max wrote:

It's crazy because Bellingham is the northernmost city in the lower 48 and we sold our plows to the county a few years back.  So now, even a forecast of snow or ice can close the schools.  

Few things bring more ire from parents than a school department whiffing on a school day. The city in which I work hired a new superintendent about three years ago, and when our schools reporter asked him what part of the job he was the most concerned about, his reply was calling off school and having it not snow.
It almost happened on Monday with the storm you guys in the Midwest got the middle of last week. The forecast here was for 6-12 inches of snow starting Sunday afternoon, and we got nothing but rain.

Board footera